• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
The original bible corrector is Satan.
Satan, is the original bible corrector.

Let me show you.

When Lucifer was in heaven, he eventually proved that he's the fool of all fools.
He's the king of fools.
This created being had it all. He had gifts, he was amazingly beautiful, he was able to create music, and perhaps was a sort of living musical instrument. There are theological teachings and scholarship that suggests that Lucifer was a leader of Worship in Glory.
And He is something else, that is unique, .. he is defined as being "light", or having light.
Angels are not defined this way, but Lucifer is defined this way.
Jesus said that Lucifer FELL, as "lightning".... So, if you've ever seen lightning, you know it is light.

The reason that Lucifer, now Satan, is the King of Fools is because he had it all, and threw it away........because he has one basic problem.
He has the "look at me" syndrome. He has the..>"i want all the attention", syndrome. And what is this exactly? Its an acute form of Pride , where the person needs so much approval, that they have to find it by trying to be worshiped.
Satan, and his people, his children, all want to be worshiped. They want to be noted as "leadership" and are driven by this pride, by this character flaw that is what caused Lucifer's downfall.

Lucifer was not satisfied or content to be a part of the heavenly host. He instead saw the adoration, the worship, that God was given, and He wanted that for himself.
Lucifer was so powerful, so charismatic, so charming, so cunning, that he was able to deceive 30% of the Angels in heaven, who became his worshipers, right there in front of God.
Such is the attracting power of this being of Light.

Now what is "Light" in the Spiritual realm?
Its Revelation.
its Knowledge from Deity, given as revelation knowledge.
Its God knowledge, Saint.
Well, low and behold, the devil is the "god of this world", and Jesus said, "know you not that you are godz".. talking to us.
So. within this situation, you find all sorts of Light, and some of it is DARK.

Let me simplify.

The born again Spiritual Children of God are in the same category as "Jesus is the Light of the world". So this light is TRUTH.
Whereas...Satan's light, is deception. So, that is Dark light.
ITs certainly light, but its not TRUTH, it is in fact anti-light, or deception.
So what you have is a battle in the spiritual realm between Truth Bearers and un-truth bearers. Between the Light of Truth and the light of Darkness.
Between Children of the Light, and Dark lights.

When Satan was cast out, he realized that he has lost his ability to be connected with God. He can no longer hear God's voice or have fellowship with God.
"What fellowship does darkness have with Light? 2nd Corinthians 6:13-15.

So what did the Devil do to correct the first bible?
How did he do it?
Well, the bible is the WORD of God, so, all the words of God are the bible, even if they were given before we had a book, that says HOLY BIBLE.... with the words of God printed in it.
So, in the Garden, you had Adam and Eve. And the word of God came to them, God fellowshipped with them, and God gave them one thing, not to do.
Do not eat of a certain Tree. And He told them that if they did, they would die.

So... Satan, ever envious, was envious of their relationship with God and he knew how to break it, as he had once broken his own relationship with God. So, what Satan did, was what bible correctors all do. They get you to question the word, to doubt it.
They get you to question the word and DOUBT IT.
And once you do that, you are finished. And why is that? Because if you can't trust the word of God, then you wont, and once that has happened, you have nothing left to lean on that is your power of revelation and truth, as your trust in the word has been destroyed by a bible corrector, with Satan being the very first one.

Satan simply caused Eve to doubt God's words, and that is how you "correct" the word of God. You simply get a person to listen to you correct the Bible.
And this causes the person to not believe the bible, as to correct it, is to cast doubt against the word of God......that its always RIGHT.
The word of God is always correct, always True, and always right.
See, the word of God can't be wrong, but it can be wrongly divided and wrongly taught and wrongly understood.
Enter : Bible Correctors

Satan said to EVE...."hath God said"... which means.....""come now Eve, does the word REALLY MEAN THAT? AFTER ALL, MAYBE THERE IS A BETTER UNDERSTANDING..... LET ME CORRECT IT FOR YOU... See this is what it really should say....."""""

And He did correct the word, and she believed the correction which was a lie, and from there, soon came the fall of us all.

Saint, never doubt the word of God. Always doubt a bible corrector....always.
Remember .... a person who sets themself above the word of God, and corrects it, is a pride filled danger to your spiritual life, as they are following in the footsteps of the original corrector of the Word of God.

There are 2 things that God does not need.

1.) Any more new bibles

2.) Bible Correctors

What God needs is for you to learn how to discern scriptures and you need someone to help you trust and learn the word of God, not doubt it.
You do NOT need anyone who by "bible correcting" is trying to get you to doubt that the Word of God is the TRUTH, the Final Authority, Infallible, that you are to TRUST with your eternal life.

Last edited:
Reactions: soul man and tsr

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You do NOT need anyone who by "bible correcting" is trying to get you to doubt that the Word of God is the TRUTH, the Final Authority, Infallible, that you are to TRUST with your eternal life.
Indeed. However, we have to deal with translations into English of God's word, and the majority, if not all, of those translations have errors or 'corrections' in them.

For example, Jesus said in prayer to God, near the end of his ministry on the night of the Last Supper, “I have made your name known to the men you gave me out of the world” (John 17:6, REB) and “I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it” (John 17:26, KJV). Why did he need to make God's name known to them?

The fact that God’s name appears around 7,000 times in the Scriptures attests to its importance to the Bible’s author, i.e. to God, whose name it is. So why is God’s name hidden and not used?

The main reason seems to be the result of a long-standing tradition of the Jews. Many of them hold that God’s name should not be uttered, based on a misapplication of one of the Ten Commandments which states: “You shall not take the name of Yahweh your God in vain” (Ex. 20:7, WEB). So rather than risk taking God’s name in vain, some Jews began to substitute the word adonai instead. They left the four consonants of God’s name in the text, but they added vowel points to remind the reader to pronounce adonai instead of Yahweh. The Jews ceased to pronounce God’s name by the 3rd century BC, which is why the correct pronunciation had been forgotten, and is why Jesus had to declare God’s name and make it known to his disciples. This is another error of the traditions of the Jews, which Jesus condemned the Jews for, saying “[you make] the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye” (Mark 7:13, KJV). There is nothing in the Torah to prohibit the saying of God’s name, and the Jews used to have no qualms about using God’s name, e.g. "Behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said to the reapers, “May Yahweh be with you.” They answered him, “May Yahweh bless you.”" (Ruth 2:4, WEB).

William Tyndale published the first five books of the Bible translated into English in 1530. He included God’s name translated once as Iehovah, in Ex. 6:3, and in a note wrote that “as oft as thou seist LORD in great letters … it is in Hebrew Iehovah”. The KJV is largely based on Tyndale’s translation, and like most English translations adopts this practice of using God’s name in only a few places. (This is one reason why I like the WEB translation, because it has correctly reinstated God's name, Yahweh, thoughout the Old Testament.)

There is evidence that Jesus’ disciples used God’s name in their writings. However, sometime in the second or third century A.D. the scribes removed God’s name from the Septuagint and the Christian Greek Scriptures and replaced it with Kyrios (translated “Lord”) or Theos (translated “God”). This leads to more confusion. For example, Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”, which could confuse people into thinking they should call on the name of Jesus, because four verses earlier it says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, … thou shalt be saved”. However, Paul is quoting Joel 2:32 where “Lord” is God’s name, and in the original New Testament manuscripts it would have been God’s name (in Hebrew) and not “Lord”.

Joel 2:32 (WEB):
"It will happen that whoever will call on Yahweh’s name shall be saved; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, as Yahweh has said, and among the remnant, those whom Yahweh calls."​

So we need to be aware of the imperfections of the tranlsations that we have, and be sure that we study to discover God's true original word to us. God doesn't want His name hidden!

Psalm 105:1-7, WEB:
Give thanks to Yahweh! Call on his name! Make his doings known among the peoples.
Sing to him, sing praises to him! Tell of all his marvelous works.
Glory in his holy name. Let the heart of those who seek Yahweh rejoice.
Seek Yahweh and his strength. Seek his face forever more.
Remember his marvelous works that he has done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth,
you offspring of Abraham, his servant, you children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
He is Yahweh, our God. His judgments are in all the earth.​

Reactions: marks and Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1.) Any more new bibles

2.) Bible Correctors

Despite your long OP, I strongly disagree. The main reason is you are using Bible Correcting to means the exact opposite.

For instance, my NLT Bible explains the original manuscripts have 3 endings to the Gospel of Mark. This note properly corrects other Bible translations that may have settled on one of the three.

Beyond that, I love the modern translations CEV, NLT & the VOICE. The difference is amazing. Americans speak so much differently than even since the poor translation of the NIV came out in the 1960’s. I would never read Middle English KJV or the NKJV. And I am so glad until I waited for these translations to get into God’s Word with God’s Spirit guiding me.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Wrangler. Following on from my previous post, note that in Mark 12:29, that you quote in your signature message, that Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy 6:4 which says, "Hear, Israel: Yahweh is our God. Yahweh is one" (WEB), but the Greek manuscripts were altered to use kurios (translated as Lord in the KJV) rather than God's name Yahweh. (And verse 32 is a reply from the scribe, not the words of Jesus.)

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would never read Middle English KJV or the NKJV. And I am so glad until I waited for these translations to get into God’s Word with God’s Spirit guiding me.
I know what you mean. When I first decided to read the Bible (KJV) from cover to cover, I got stuck at "And Jacob sod pottage" (Genesis 25:29). I didn't have a clue what that meant, and looking up the words in an English dictionary didn't help. So at that point I decided to buy a modern translation, so I could understand it. Then it became clear! (WEB translates it as "Jacob boiled stew".)

I think it's best to consult multiple translations (including the KJV), and the underlying Hebrew and Greek words using a concordance, to help get the best understanding of the Scriptures.

Reactions: marks and Wrangler

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
-
<snip>

Saint, never doubt the word of God. Always doubt a bible corrector....always.

Remember .... a person who sets themselves above the word of God, and corrects it, is a pride filled danger to your spiritual life, as they are following in the footsteps of the original corrector of the Word of God.

1.) Any more new bibles

2.) Bible Correctors

What God needs is for you to learn how to discern scriptures and you need someone to help you trust and learn the word of God, not doubt it.

Behold, while I understand your logic, I also see that you do not want people to really follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit, when the HS prompts a person to check out their "source" of the Bible, in our case an English translation, to see if it complies with the actuals words originally recorded as the words of God in the Hebrew, in the case of the OT and the Greek, in the case of the NT.

Now your two points above are true. God has only caused one "Bible" to be written. However, he does want the Saints to have a better understanding of it, from our respective preferred translations.

As for your second point, God does not need anyone to correct the "Bible" that He was responsible for writing, but He does require people to correct the errors in our respective translations.

Let me give you an example.

In Acts 7 Stephen said the following concerning Abraham: -

Acts 7:4-5: - He moved him to this land in which you now dwell. 5 And God gave him no inheritance in it, not even enough to set his foot on.​
NKJV
The word "inheritance" in verse 5 gives the wrong impression as to what was being said. Abraham was given no possession in the Land of Canaan except for the field that he purchased with a cave in it to bury Sahara, his wife in.

Now if we consider Genesis 13:15

Genesis 13:14-16: - 14 And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: "Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are — northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever."​
NKJV
However when I have researched this passage, I have come to understand that the English translation is flawed and that these verses should be understood in this manner: -

14 And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: "Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are — northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the land/earth which you see I give to you and/, {that (entity)} I will give to your descendants forever/for a long period of time {whose ending is at a vanishing point of time in the future}.​

This suggested paraphrase of Genesis 13:14-15 is now in agreement with what Stephen stated in Acts 7:5.

Now in Genesis 12:1, was Abraham promised "land" or an "earth", that God would show him, in line with God's plan to redeem the people of the earth who so chose and their inheritance of the whole earth.

By your logic in your post, it would seem that I have corrected God's word, based on our translations, whereas I would argue that I have provided a far better understanding of what God had promised to do in Genesis 13:14-15.

In Genesis 12:1, what is the form of the "earth" that God was going to show Abraham. Was God speaking of a lifestyle that he would live in within the boundaries of God's "earth," or was it a "land" which Abraham would possess, even though we are told by Stephen, Abraham never received.

Our understanding of God's word has been corrupted by Satan through our revered English "translations."

Do the translations need correction? They sure do. The question is, who if fully qualified to bring about these corrections. It cannot be achieved through a piecemeal translations of selected books out of the Bible, but bringing in these correction of our translation will only happen when all of the Bible is presented with all of the corrections in it for people to read.

Even then there will be lots of grumbles from the people who believe that their favourite translation is infallible. They will claim that the corrected translations is not the same as in their "bible," and as such it is all wrong.

Shalom

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold, while I understand your logic, I also see that you do not want people to really follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit, when the HS prompts a person to check out their "source" of the Bible, i

Shalom

Shalom to you...

However, there is a lot of error in your understanding, regarding "extant" greek texts and manuscript evidence.
For one thing, and its vital that you know this......there is no "original" greek text.
THere is no Original.
So, if a person says...>"the original says", they are lying, because there is no "original".
Jay Ross, the Original's were the Apostle's LETTERS< and we dont have any of those...
What do we have? We have copies of copies of copies, and a few early pieces of parchment, but none of the "original autographs', exist.
They are long long Gone.
Time + ROT.......as "parchments', do not last very long....

What do we have? We have COPIES.
And these copies are not the ORIGINAL....they are copies.
So, there is no "original".

Next.

Its fine if you study the copies in the Latin or in the Greek. There are 30 Greek New Testaments, obo, and there are some Latin Manuscripts.
This is all "manuscript evidence" study and im educated in this because im Seminary Trained and in my Seminary, this is quite an important topic, as its here by study that you find out which bibles are corrupted and so forth.
Most bibles are flawed, based on, not the texts that generated them, but based on cultic theologians who changed or omitted verses in their "new" Translation.

Its like i told Marks...... study all you can, but never believe that study of dead languages, or nearly dead, equips you to correct the Word of God.
God does not call people to correct a real bible, but God does call people to the Cross using one.
Bottom line.
He didnt listen.
I hope you will.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wrangler. Following on from my previous post, note that in Mark 12:29, that you quote in your signature message, that Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy 6:4 which says, "Hear, Israel: Yahweh is our God. Yahweh is one" (WEB), but the Greek manuscripts were altered to use kurios (translated as Lord in the KJV) rather than God's name Yahweh.

Few seem to understand this.

(And verse 32 is a reply from the scribe, not the words of Jesus.)

I know. Just trying to be concise. The point is Jesus did not correct the scribe in saying God alone is one, which does not bode well for trinitarianism. That would have been an excellent opportunity to introduce 1 = 3 IF Jesus thought it were so.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Behold I agree with you, but as you said in your post above, "God does not call people to correct a real bible, but God does call people to the Cross using one."

Now I am on record on this forum of stating that the present "bible," in our case "English Translations," are the best tools that we have for understanding the relationship we should have with God. However, people expand on what they read in the English translations and make wild claims as to how God's prophetic utterances will pan out.

I note, and understand, that there have been subtle revision of the Source texts available that alter the understanding that we should have in our English Translations and that these revisions should be considered in what we understand. Now the Latin Translations are not a reliable source for the original word of God as you have suggested. Also the LXX Greek translation of the Hebrew Books of the Old Testament is not necessarily a reliable source for the original word of God.

As I have demonstrated in my post above, I have considered the English translations we have and have found them wanting with respect to the contextual accuracy that they present as the "word of God."

Now in Daniel 2, the prophet records that when God establishes His everlasting kingdom in the days of the kings of the fifth segment of the Statue prophecy, i.e. the feet, that He will cause to come down out of heaven the foundation stone, untouched by human hands, the basis for the religion that He would have us hold with respect to God's word.

Now we all hold to a particular flawed understanding of God and the requirements for us to have, to be in relationship with God. Now after the time of the Armageddon judgement of the kings of the earth on the earth and the fallen heavenly hosts in heaven in our near future, our understanding will be modified by God when His foundation stone for our understanding comes down out of heaven, i.e. our understanding of God's word, will force a radical change in our understanding of what is required for us to have a deep and meaningful relationship with Him.

Perhaps we both need to change our perspective of what "God's word" contains so that we can come to understand what is actually contained within His Word.

Although I can teach people my understanding of what God's words actually contain, by showing them a better paraphrasing of the source texts for the translations that we have, my teaching is rapidly undone because the source texts that they read does not have my suggested corrections in them. I often catch myself out reading the available translations and defaulting to the errors contained within those translation texts.

Shalom

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I can teach people my understanding of what God's words actually contain, by showing them a better paraphrasing of the source texts for the translations that we have, my teaching is rapidly undone because the source texts that they read does not have my suggested corrections in them. I often catch myself out reading the available translations and defaulting to the errors contained within those translation texts.

Shalom

Do you consider any translations to be sufficiently accurate for a general acceptance of what it says, "read without filters", like that?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its like i told Marks...... study all you can, but never believe that study of dead languages, or nearly dead, equips you to correct the Word of God.
God does not call people to correct a real bible, but God does call people to the Cross using one.
Bottom line.
He didnt listen.
But I am listening to you! And I am hearing your heart, as well as your words.

The Holy Spirit teaches His Word, and in whatever way He wants to. If you find fault with the information I share, than show where my information is wrong, and I will have gained.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you consider any translations to be sufficiently accurate for a general acceptance of what it says, "read without filters", like that?

Much love!

I believe I had answered that question in the post that you have quoted from: -

Now I am on record on this forum of stating that the present "bible," in our case "English Translations," are the best tools that we have for understanding the relationship we should have with God. However, people expand on what they read in the English translations and make wild claims as to how God's prophetic utterances will pan out.

Mark what I have observed of you for over 10 years is that you hold to some questionable theological understandings.

For example, the Jewish understanding of the Jeremiah 31:31 verse is that God will make like new again the covenant that He had made with the Nation of Israel at Mt Sinai for Israel to become a Kingdom of Priests, A Holy Nation and God's possession among the Nations. In other words, God is not going to make a brand new covenant with the Nation of Israel, but instead He will renew the same covenant with the nation of Israel that He had previously made with Israel around 3,500 years earlier at Mt Sinai.

The same is also true for what is recorded in the Gospels. Jesus did not make any brand new "laws" or "commandments," but He did say to us that He reframed our understanding of the Commandments so that they became like new to us. There is a very big difference. This results from "Neo" and "Kainos" being both translated as "new" in our English Translations. On Sunday I had a discussion with a Book well read Christian who argued that an old used wineskin cannot be refurbished through the application of oils and waxes to become as good as a "brand new" wineskin. He also rejected my suggestion that even a "Brand New" wineskin, in that it has not be used for its purpose, will fail because over time even brand new wineskins become hard and brittle while waiting to be used.

This has resulted in "people" when evangelising other, requiring them to become "Brand New" otherwise they would not be acceptable to God, whereas Paul required people to "renew," which is the actual meaning of the Greek word it has been translated from, their minds and to then "put on this refurbished like new man" which was created personally for them by God in true righteousness and holiness.

Now your question concerning, "reading without filters," is a loaded question because we all read the scriptures with our biased filters to come to conclusions that we find is acceptable for us.

Sadly when our biased filters are questioned we often become very angry at the messenger, rather than looking inwards to verify what we believe is true. We all suffer from having a belief system that is not conforming to what is contained in the scriptures.

We all have to renew our minds to conform to the mind of Christ. Sadly, many do not take the next step as encouraged by Paul.

Shalom

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The point is Jesus did not correct the scribe in saying God alone is one, which does not bode well for trinitarianism. That would have been an excellent opportunity to introduce 1 = 3 IF Jesus thought it were so.
Yes, I agree, the Trinity is not supported by the Bible. However, some translations do translate Deu 6:4 slghtly differently, giving it a slightly different meaning, e.g.

(International Standard Version) "Listen, Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone."
The ASV has a footnote giving alternative translations: "Hear, O Israel: {1 } Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:"
{1) Or Jehovah our God, Jehovah is one; Or Jehovah is our God, Jehovah is one; Or Jehovah is our God, Jehovah alone }​

However, the Tree of Life Version, translated by Messianic Jews, translates it as "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one" and I would be inclined to trust Jewish scholars to translate it correctly, as they are no doubt very familiar with this verse.

Reactions: Wrangler

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another example of an error in the KJV translation is Philippians 2:6, which says of Jesus,

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".​

However, that gives the exact opposite meaning of what the Greek manuscipts say, which is,

"who, existing in the form of God, didn’t consider equality with God a thing to be grasped" (WEB)​

Even literal translations differ. Young's Literal Translation renders it as:
"who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal to God,"​
whereas the Literal Standard Version renders it as:
"who, being in the form of God, thought [it] not something to be seized to be equal to God,"​

I think this is down to the difficulties of translating to a different language, because there isn't always an equivalent word in the other language, and a word can often be translated in more than one way. So the translators tend to rely on their own beliefs, or what they have been taught, and chose to translate it in a way that is consistent with that. That is why we need to take the whole Bible into consideration, recognising that although written by over 27 different men, there is just one real author, which is God, and that the Bible can be used to help interpret itself. So when there's more than one way to translate a passage it should be translated in a way that is in harmony with other passages, e.g. in the above example, it should be translated as Jesus did not consider trying to be equal to God (unlike Satan, who wanted to be like God!) in order to be in harmony with verses like:

(John 14:28) You heard how I told you, ‘I go away, and I come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said ‘I am going to my Father;’ for the Father is greater than I.

(John 13:16) Most certainly I tell you, a servant is not greater than his lord, neither one who is sent greater than he who sent him.
(John 6:38) For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold I agree with you, but as you said in your post above, "God does not call people to correct a real bible, but God does call people to the Cross using one."

I note, and understand, that there have been subtle revision of the Source texts available that alter the understanding that we should have in our English Translations and that these revisions should be considered in what we understand. Now the Latin Translations are not a reliable source for the original word of God as you have suggested. Also the LXX Greek translation of the Hebrew Books of the Old Testament is not necessarily a reliable source for the original word of God.

As I have demonstrated in my post above, I have considered the English translations we have and have found them wanting with respect to the contextual accuracy that they present as the "word of God."

Now in Daniel 2, the prophet records that when God establishes His everlasting kingdom in the days of the kings of the fifth segment of the Statue prophecy, i.e. the feet, that He will cause to come down out of heaven the foundation stone, untouched by human hands, the basis for the religion that He would have us hold with respect to God's word.

Now we all hold to a particular flawed understanding of God and the requirements for us to have, to be in relationship with God. Now after the time of the Armageddon judgement of the kings of the earth on the earth and the fallen heavenly hosts in heaven in our near future, our understanding will be modified by God when His foundation stone for our understanding comes down out of heaven, i.e. our understanding of God's word, will force a radical change in our understanding of what is required for us to have a deep and meaningful relationship with Him.

Perhaps we both need to change our perspective of what "God's word" contains so that we can come to understand what is actually contained within His Word.

Shalom

You are mistaken to believe that the bible we are really discussion has errors in it.
And the "original texts' do not usurp the authority of the Bible, as provided by the accurate English Translation.
God is not using the Greek Texts, .. He's using the English versions.
Why?
Because God is "foreknowledge" and in this, He knew in 1611 that ENGLISH and not "koine greek" was going to be the END TIMES Universal Language, and that is why He had ENGLISH translations created, as they are what God uses, in the "time of the Gentiles", as per these end times.

Being a fan of the Greek texts, is a rabbit hole waste of time.
God gives light, through the English versions, but you have to be careful of them, as most are junk.

Shalom

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But I am listening to you! And I am hearing your heart, as well as your words.

The Holy Spirit teaches His Word, and in whatever way He wants to. If you find fault with the information I share, than show where my information is wrong, and I will have gained.

Much love!

You wrote a Thread that cast's doubt on the Word of God.
If you can't understand this, or if you simply dont care, then that is an issue, isn't it?

What you need to do, is let this Bible castigating Thread, die.

Find yourself something else to do, that lifts up the Word and does not try to harm the faith of members here.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(International Standard Version) "Listen, Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone."

However, the Tree of Life Version, translated by Messianic Jews, translates it as "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one" and I would be inclined to trust Jewish scholars to translate it correctly, as they are no doubt very familiar with this verse.

Agreed. Bad translations, trinitarian translations, falsely equate the LORD God with lord/Lord. CAPITAL <> lowercase.

I've noticed Biblegateway.com does this with the word LORD when you copy and paste it, it converts to Lord in many cases. Very disingenuous.

In devotional reading NSRV this year, I am keeping a record of how may L/lord's there are in the Bible. Only at Numbers, I have compiled quote a list. Moses is referred to in today's reading as lord, lowercase. No one thought Moses was God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are mistaken to believe that the bible we are really discussion has errors in it.
And the "original texts' do not usurp the authority of the Bible, as provided by the accurate English Translation.
God is not using the Greek Texts, .. He's using the English versions.
Why?
Because God is "foreknowledge" and in this, He knew in 1611 that ENGLISH and not "koine greek" was going to be the END TIMES Universal Language, and that is why He had ENGLISH translations created, as they are what God uses, in the "time of the Gentiles", as per these end times.

Being a fan of the Greek texts, is a rabbit hole waste of time.
God gives light, through the English versions, but you have to be careful of them, as most are junk.

Shalom

What about the French, German, Russian, Spanish, etc. versions of the scriptures. Do they not also qualify as God's Biblical word for today.

You start your post with this statement: -

"You are mistaken to believe that the bible we are really discussion has errors in it.
God is not using the Greek Texts, .. He's using the English versions."​

And finish it with this statement: -

"God gives light, through the English versions, but you have to be careful of them, as most are junk."​

Is that not what I am saying, that most, including the KJV is junk and needs correction to fix up the errors the respective translations all contain. You cannot have it both ways.

Shalom

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Myself, I like the KJV Bible because the KJV was translated from the better Received Text Manuscripts, and most concordances (at least for the Strong's and Youngs Concordances) were written specifically for KJV.

Plus, in the KJV Bible, the printer is warning the English reader that all italicized words are not in the original manuscripts.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In devotional reading NSRV this year, I am keeping a record of how may L/lord's there are in the Bible. Only at Numbers, I have compiled quite a list.
I don't want to spoil it for you, but eSword Bible software says that Strong's Concordance for God's name says there are 6,521 occurences (although the Online Bible says there are 6,519). A search in the WEB translation finds 6,840 occurrences of Yahweh (in 5,795 verses) and 47 of Yah (abbreviated name), although it claims that there are 49 occurences of Yah in the KJV (tranlsated as Jah just once, the other 48 as LORD). It looks like the WEB translates Yah as Yahweh in a couple of Psalms, 106:1 and 149:1.

So that's 6,573 - 6,887occurences of God's name, although the ASV has Jehovah 6883 times. It's difficult to narrow it down to an exact number!