Who or What is Antichrist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
In Matthew 24 Jesus warns us of false teachers to lead us away from Him.
Paul in 2nd Thess.2 and John in 1st John 2 reminds of a "son of perdition" and "antichrists"...
Who and what are these?
There is a website that has very informative articles on this subject, to the point of identifying these entities.
Google: End times deception-The antichrist is hidden in plain sight.

Reading this article, and following the many links, provides spiritual understanding, as well as the history leading up to these entities.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now now now, i know you are all busting to here my opinions of the Antichrist. I believe the Anti-Christ is not specifically anyone, but is anyone who is against Christ, is not saved and does not carry the mark of the Lamb. And we do not know who is the false prophet, the beasts of the sea and the land, the great harlot, people can keep guessing when will these people rise, and when will Jesus comes back, but no one knows the time or day when these figures will rise, and when Jesus will come back, there has been a lot of guesses but they are all wrong, ya know people thought Hitler was the end and he was the 1 Anti-Christ, well they were wrong. Now the false prophet, great harlot, the beasts of the sea and the land may be human, they may not be human, and it's certainly not Pope St Francis.

It's probably gonna be someone with much more power, and they are gonna operate in the powers of witchcraft, they may be great magicians, wizards and witches in disguise, who will be able to do greater than what the witchdoctors, mediums, psychics can currently do on this earth. Now yes i said they may not be human, they could come in the form of a false messiah, Satan and his fallen angels could enter this world in human form, it's not impossible and as i mentioned before they could have supernatural powers from Satan with the ability to deceive every corner of the earth.

Yes, i said Satan and his demons could literally enter this world in human form, and they will look nothing like it.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Satan and his demons are in control of the planet now, as per Apostle Paul...their representatives are in all facets of day to day life on earth...religion, government, business etc etc....Anti christ means opposed to Christ or in place of Christ...the pope does this all the time..he wants to be known as "Holy Father'...despite the fact Jesus said call no man on earth your Father, only the Father that is in Heaven. That is just one example..I suggest you look up the website I quoted in my post..if gives very detailed Biblical references to this antichrist and false prophets etc.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think you will find yourself very surprised in who this antichrist false messiah figure is, i think it will be someone with great supernatural power from the darkness, with powers like levitation and healing and i think this false messiah to come to earth will have greater powers than Pharoah's magicians, witches, sorcerers, psychics, mediums, witch doctors.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Beast out of the Sea
13 The dragon[SIZE=.625em][a][/SIZE] stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”
5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earthwill worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.[SIZE=.625em][b][/SIZE]
9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

10 “If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity they will go.
If anyone is to be killed[SIZE=.625em][c][/SIZE] with the sword,
with the sword they will be killed.”[SIZE=.625em][d][/SIZE]

This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.
The Beast out of the Earth
11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[SIZE=.625em][e][/SIZE] That number is 666.

Now let me ask you can the Pope cause fire to come down from heaven to earth? You realize both the beasts have great supernatural powers from the darkness? And you do realize by the great miracles the beasts has the power to do, it will probably even lead Atheists to believe that there are supernatural powers after all, and cause the strongest of atheists to bow to these beasts, because of the evidence in front of their eyes.

Now as a Pentecostal, I'm a great believer of the supernatural, and strongly believe there are greater powers in the name of the Holy Spirit, but there are powers also in the darkness that witches, wizards and people who practice witchcraft operate under, and people have been deceived by them before. Because psychics have been right before, witch doctors have healed people before, and mediums have led people to believe that they can talk to the dead, when they have been actually talking to demons, i know this stuff, and i know of witches and wizards who operate in these powers, i live in an area full of witchcraft, and i know how real it is and those kind are operating under demonic powers of the devil. Of course as Christians though we have a much greater power, but the powers of witchcraft is very very real too, therefore i believe it's quite a possibility these 2 beasts mentioned in Revelation will operate entirely under the power of witchcraft and will be able to really cause fire to come down from heaven, to heal great wounds, to levitate, to do many things, but it will be a lesser power than Jesus Christ, but it still will deceive very many people.

Now don't you think that's a possibility? If the Pope can cause fire to come down from the sky without using a single weapon, then i would believe you, but at the moment i don't. You realize a lot of Revelation is supernatural, the tribulation will almost be all supernatural activity, and there's no doubt that the beasts, false prophet can be too. As for the great harlot, there's already a lot of sexual immorality in advertising, tv, books, music, etc, none of them are the Pope, but i could be wrong though, we may not have seen the great harlot yet, the great harlot might be a much greater figure than what is happening in Hollywood today.

Some of us think we have seen the worst to come and it can't get much worse, but still it's not as bad as the times of Noah or the times of Sodom & Gomorrah or the times of Jezebel, but I tell you i don't think we have seen much yet, it can get a whole lot more worst, this is a more peaceful time in history, even though we are probably just around the corner from the next big war, it has been more peaceful lately than WWI and WWII. The times of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah were probably a lot rougher than the last 2 world wars though don't you think?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Satan and his demons are in control of the planet now, as per Apostle Paul...their representatives are in all facets of day to day life on earth...religion, government, business etc etc....Anti christ means opposed to Christ or in place of Christ...the pope does this all the time..he wants to be known as "Holy Father'...despite the fact Jesus said call no man on earth your Father, only the Father that is in Heaven. That is just one example..I suggest you look up the website I quoted in my post..if gives very detailed Biblical references to this antichrist and false prophets etc.
Anti-Christ does not mean in place of.
Anti- means against

From the Concise Oxford English Dictionary
1. opposed to; against: anti-aircraft. preventing or relieving: antibacterial. the opposite of: anticlimax. acting as a rival: antipope.
2 Physics the antiparticle of a specified particle.

ORIGIN
from Greek anti 'against'.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Mungo said:
Anti-Christ does not mean in place of.
Anti- means against

From the Concise Oxford English Dictionary
1. opposed to; against: anti-aircraft. preventing or relieving: antibacterial. the opposite of: anticlimax. acting as a rival: antipope.
2 Physics the antiparticle of a specified particle.

ORIGIN
from Greek anti 'against'.
It also can mean instead,which satan as the antichrist shall pretend to be Christ

Strong's Concordance
anti: over against, opposite, hence instead of, in comp. denotes contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence
Original Word: ἀντί
Part of Speech: Preposition
Transliteration: anti
Phonetic Spelling: (an-tee')
Short Definition: instead of, for
Definition: (a) instead of, in return for, over against, opposite, in exchange for, as a substitute for, (b) on my behalf, (c) wherefore, because.

Reactions: The Good Path

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Such unbelief here, people do not believe the 2 beasts and the false prophet can operate with complete supernatural powers under the power of witchcraft, have you have seen an Obama or Pope able to do such things? Jeez they cannot even turn water into blood, how are they gonna cast fire from the sky down to the earth, you guys do realize a lot of Revelation is a massive supernatural battle between both Christ's side and Satans, it's not all natural wars, get that out off your head, we have yet to see Obama, the Pope, Clinton, or any nation's government that have gained the title of false messiah, none of them are significant enough, and none of them have deceived people by using great supernatural powers.

Now the real beasts and false prophet are gonna be so deceiving that even the strongest of atheists will follow them and worship them, they will especially worship the beast of the land, it's gonna totally destroy their doubts of there being a supernatural power.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Mungo glad you clarified the meaning of antichrist..you should be an expert on this subject..
Yes, I can read a dictionary.

You should try it sometime.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
n2thelight said:
It also can mean instead,which satan as the antichrist shall pretend to be Christ

Strong's Concordance
anti: over against, opposite, hence instead of, in comp. denotes contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence
Original Word: ἀντί
Part of Speech: Preposition
Transliteration: anti
Phonetic Spelling: (an-tee')
Short Definition: instead of, for
Definition: (a) instead of, in return for, over against, opposite, in exchange for, as a substitute for, ( B) on my behalf, (c) wherefore, because.
From the Online Etymology Dictionary

antichrist (n.)

c. 1300, from Late Latin antichristus, from Greek antikhristos (I John ii.18), from anti- "against" (see anti-) + khristos (see Christ).

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even I think the notion of the Pope being THE Anti-Christ is rubbish.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Born_Again said:
Even I think the notion of the Pope being THE Anti-Christ is rubbish.
It's one of the SDA's main doctrines along with Saturday Sabbath keeping

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Mungo said:
It's one of the SDA's main doctrines along with Saturday Sabbath keeping
Matthew 7 Jesus said "by their fruits they will be known"...the fruits of the Roman church has been the inquisitions and the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people who would not conform to their perverted doctrines, and the crusades which killed thousands of more, and of course the Northern ireland war they had against the protestants under recently in which hundred more innocent people were killed in the name of religion...sure does not sound very "christian" does it?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
heretoeternity said:
Matthew 7 Jesus said "by their fruits they will be known"...the fruits of the Roman church has been the inquisitions and the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people who would not conform to their perverted doctrines, and the crusades which killed thousands of more, and of course the Northern ireland war they had against the protestants under recently in which hundred more innocent people were killed in the name of religion...sure does not sound very "christian" does it?
Well then they weren't real Catholics then were they? And I hope you realize a lot of the KKK went to Church and called themselves "Christians", and killed blacks the other days, a lot of the KKK were meant to be so called "protestant Christians", Hitler and the Nazis most of them claimed to be Christian too, they had Churches too, what did they do, murder 1 million Jews and millions of others, well they weren't real Christians either were they? Just because someone says they are a Christian or Catholic doesn't mean they are.

I will say this once again, I have sensed in the Spirit that Pope St Francis is a born again lively spirit filled Christian. You gotta stop relying on human interpretations of Revelation, that someone came up with 2000 years after Revelation was written, if you want a real interpretation check with the Holy Ghost, and he will reveal to you what he wants to reveal to you. Yes i am slamming all the assumptions of the Pope being the Anti-Christ as false with the backing of the Holy Ghost, and you yourself better check with the Holy Ghost too instead of relying on your own human understanding.

And I encourage you to chase the Holy Spirit, instead of chasing end time doom and gloom and falsely accusing other Christians of being the Anti-Christ, and by doing this you will be amazed, you yourself will discover unusual things, amazing things, things that are not off this world, like the speaking of tongues in a language unknown to you, spiritual gifts - healing, prophesying, the raising of the dead, casting out demons, interpretation of tongues and many other spiritual gifts, and experiencing the true uncontrollable Holy Ghost joy that is so exciting, and many other wonderful things, and many supernatural experiences, you will never be the same again.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Mungo said:
From the Online Etymology Dictionary
antichrist (n.) c. 1300, from Late Latin antichristus, from Greek antikhristos (I John ii.18), from anti- "against" (see anti-) + khristos (see Christ).

In light of the below scripture why do you choose (against)?

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Prove it.

Exodus 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour."

All we ever get from you is your false claims - never backed up by evidence of even the weakest kind.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
n2thelight said:
In light of the below scripture why do you choose (against)?

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

I can't see what point you are trying to make with this post.