Who Or What Is The Promise Of The Father?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 5-18-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Iyar 27 5783, 60th. Spring Day

The Promise of the Father refers to the promise that the Holy Spirit would come at Pentecost to do a distinctive work in the lives of all Christians. It was a promise relating to this period of time in which we are living, the Dispensation of the Spirit, the Church Age ¹. The Holy Spirit is also referred to as the Advocate or the Spirit of truth ². Is there anything else you would like to know?

Source: Conversation with Bing, 5/18/2023
(1) Study 2 WAITING FOR THE PROMISE OF THE FATHER. Study 2 WAITING FOR THE PROMISE OF THE FATHER - Words of Life Ministries.
(2) John 14:15-31 NIV - Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit - “If - Bible Gateway. Bible Gateway passage: John 14:15-31 - New International Version.
(3) PROMISE OF THE FATHER - What Did Jesus Say This Promise Was?. PROMISE OF THE FATHER - What Did Jesus Say This Promise Was?.
(4) Luke 24:49 Commentaries: "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of .... Luke 24:49 Commentaries: "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.".
(5) THE PROMISE OF THE FATHER - Dr Jonathan David. THE PROMISE OF THE FATHER - Dr Jonathan David.

According to scripture, the Promise of the Father refers to the promise that the Holy Spirit would come. In John 14:16-17, Jesus says "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you" ². Is there anything else you would like to know?

(1) John 14:15-31 NIV - Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit - “If - Bible Gateway. Bible Gateway passage: John 14:15-31 - New International Version.
(2) 39 Magnificent Bible Verses about God, the Father — Bible Lyfe. Promise of the Father scripture - Bing.
(3) Luke 24:49 And behold, I am sending the promise of My Father upon you .... Luke 24:49 - Jesus Unveils the Scriptures.
(4) 39 Magnificent Bible Verses about God, the Father — Bible Lyfe. 39 Magnificent Bible Verses about God, the Father — Bible Lyfe.
(5) Promise of the Father - Bible Study Online. PROMISE OF THE FATHER - What Did Jesus Say This Promise Was?.
(6) Luke 24:49 Commentaries: "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of .... Luke 24:49 Commentaries: "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.".

Yes, Luke 24:49 is another scripture that refers to the Promise of the Father. In this verse, Jesus tells his disciples that he will send them what his Father has promised and instructs them to stay in the city until they have been clothed with power from on high. This power from on high refers to the Holy Spirit, which is the Promise of the Father .

Yes, there are several scriptures that mention the Promise of the Father. Some of these include John 14:15-31, where Jesus promises to send the Holy Spirit ², and Luke 24:49, where Jesus tells his disciples that he will send them what his Father has promised and instructs them to stay in the city until they have been clothed with power from on high ³. Another scripture is Acts 1:4-5, where Jesus commands his disciples not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father ⁵. These are just a few examples. Would you like more information on a specific scripture?

(1) John 14:15-31 NIV - Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit - “If - Bible Gateway. Bible Gateway passage: John 14:15-31 - New International Version.
(2) Luke 24:49 And behold, I am sending the promise of My Father upon you .... Luke 24:49 - Jesus Unveils the Scriptures.
(3) Promise of the Father - Bible Study Online. PROMISE OF THE FATHER - What Did Jesus Say This Promise Was?.
(4) 39 Magnificent Bible Verses about God, the Father — Bible Lyfe. Promise of the Father scripture - Bing.
(5) 39 Magnificent Bible Verses about God, the Father — Bible Lyfe. 39 Magnificent Bible Verses about God, the Father — Bible Lyfe.
(6) Luke 24:49 Commentaries: "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of .... Luke 24:49 Commentaries: "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.".

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl and APAK