Who Taught Moses ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Thread is try to determine, weather or not God and or Savior, can and will Reveal to any one person, the fullness of THE GOSPEL by Revelation.
The Scriptures are full of many such doings, The First book in the Scriptures is Genesis! How did Moses write about Creation, a Prince of Egypt with no background in Hebrew Teaching? OK let us take this thought a little further, AFTER, Moses then there were the Prophets, God would like Mary overshadow these men and or His Spirit would Fall upon them, and would Reveal, His Will, and expect them to take what was revealed to them and Pass it on to the People! Again a Revelation to normal person's, just people, maybe with a heart to do Gods will!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and DPMartin

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting point thing is how did Moses know, revelation or not, that he was dealing with the God of Enoch or Noah and Abraham without their witness? how do you know that you are experiencing the Lord God of Israel in the name of Jesus Christ without their witness?

for example Mahammad the prophet of Islam found his god in the building of idols in mecca, and didn't see if it was the God of Abraham. hence his god isn't the same God.

Jesus came to witness the Father in Heaven to us, for that very reason. hence the importance of the witness.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This Thread is try to determine, weather or not God and or Savior, can and will Reveal to any one person, the fullness of THE GOSPEL by Revelation.
The Scriptures are full of many such doings, The First book in the Scriptures is Genesis! How did Moses write about Creation, a Prince of Egypt with no background in Hebrew Teaching?
Moses built upon the current mythology, as the Ten Commandments make plain, imo; all the ones dealing with our interactions with other people were already very old then, Babylon-old

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures are full of many such doings, The First book in the Scriptures is Genesis! How did Moses write about Creation, a Prince of Egypt with no background in Hebrew Teaching?

The first five books of the Bible was written by Moses as dictated to him by God, called the Pentateuch, although he lived many centuries after the “Garden.” Pentateuch means “five,” “book,” or “scroll.”

Exodus 24 reads:

Verse 3, -”And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.”

Verse 4, -”And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD,...”

Verse 7, -”And he took the book (which became the Bible) of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

The above was the methodology by which God communicated His word to mankind, as set forth in 2 Peter 1:21.

Today, the Bible is closed and is NOT possible for anyone to receive any kinds of revelations from God, either by voice, or dreams, or angel visitations!

To God Be To Glory

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I haven't read the other people's posts yet...but what made me smile was your word 'revelation'. I do not believe that what God dictated to Moses...all the laws, ordinances, measurements for every tabernacle vessel and the building of the tabernacle and Ark itself...was done by revelation! Or the creation either, Eden, the fall...

So, I don't believe it was by revelation as much as by divine inspiration.
( what the negatives call "the robotic pen".)
Moses ( in my book) wrote 'by faith' not by understanding...Moses' revelation was of God Himself, who spoke to him face to face as a friend.= Exodus 33:11.

Just my two cents :)

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't read the other people's posts yet...but what made me smile was your word 'revelation'. I do not believe that what God dictated to Moses...all the laws, ordinances, measurements for every tabernacle vessel and the building of the tabernacle and Ark itself...was done by revelation! Or the creation either, Eden, the fall...

So, I don't believe it was by revelation as much as by divine inspiration.
( what the negatives call "the robotic pen".)
Moses ( in my book) wrote 'by faith' not by understanding...Moses' revelation was of God Himself, who spoke to him face to face as a friend.= Exodus 33:11.

Just my two cents :)

Two cents is still worth something, LoL - So do you think that God over many Visits, Gave Moses Information about all that happened from Creation, to Abraham, and up to the present time with Moses, We know from Scripture, that Moses Face shone with a glow, as to scare the people, and that He would have to cover His Face, Kinda like the Glory Of God. So that alone was a Supernatural Effect!!
Revelation-- Disclosure or something disclosed by or as if by divine or preternatural means.
Most people believe that there is a Temple within the realm where God abides ! ? I don't rely know I haven't been there. So in Exodus 25:8-9. 8- "And let them make Me a Sanctuary, that I may dwell among them, 9- "According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the Tabernacle and the pattern of all its Furnishings, just so you shall make it!
Exodus 25-40 - [Speaking about the Sanctuary and the Furnishings] And see to it that you make them according to the pattern which was shown you on the Mountain. God must have revealed to Moses these patterns by vision, or by planting the Patterns within His Memory !
I just wanted to have decent interactions with others, and not the throwing of stones!!! Well here are the start of my two cents, Thanks for the Reply.

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting point thing is how did Moses know, revelation or not, that he was dealing with the God of Enoch or Noah and Abraham without their witness? how do you know that you are experiencing the Lord God of Israel in the name of Jesus Christ without their witness?

for example Mahammad the prophet of Islam found his god in the building of idols in mecca, and didn't see if it was the God of Abraham. hence his god isn't the same God.

Jesus came to witness the Father in Heaven to us, for that very reason. hence the importance of the witness.

I think after the burning bush, before He set out to Egypt, He had a good Idea maybe! But after experiencing what God did to Egypt, and Gods deliverance I think He was pretty sure. So going up onto the Mountain and speaking face to face with God, was it just conversations about Creation, and so on, or was it a revealing By Gods Spirit, They are the only true Witnesses.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible may have ended in revelation, but that was only teh beginning for us, as that is what Christ is building His "ecclesia" in,

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

For nothing can stand against revelation, it only comes from God.

God never stopped speaking. men just got to arrogant and proud and stopped listening.

Reactions: Truth and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think after the burning bush, before He set out to Egypt, He had a good Idea maybe! But after experiencing what God did to Egypt, and Gods deliverance I think He was pretty sure. So going up onto the Mountain and speaking face to face with God, was it just conversations about Creation, and so on, or was it a revealing By Gods Spirit, They are the only true Witnesses.

na, again Adam Enoch Noah Abraham Isaac and Jacob and all that happened was no secret. also how do you know whether or not Adam wasn't told the origins of creation? Adam was alive the sixth day and seen the coming of the seventh, and during that time until the tree he had the life Jesus restored us to, hence son ship with the Almighty enjoying unfettered communion with and in the Voice of the Lord.

also with out looking it up, didn't the Lord God identify Himself as to who's God He is at the burning bush?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So do you think that God over many Visits, Gave Moses Information about all that happened from Creation, to Abraham, and up to the present time with Moses, We know from Scripture, that Moses Face shone with a glow, as to scare the people, and that He would have to cover His Face, Kinda like the Glory Of God. So that alone was a Supernatural Effect!!

I've always believed that God downloaded the whole lot during the 40 days Moses was up the mountain with Him. It would take 40 days I am sure. :)
No wonder that experience caused his face to shine!! He was obviously caught up in such a cloud of glorious Presence. ( Can I plug that this is what I believe Rapture is...nothing more, nothing less than the Cloud Of Glory which changes us :) Sorry couldn't resist )

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible may have ended in revelation, but that was only teh beginning for us, as that is what Christ is building His "ecclesia" in,

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

God never stopped speaking. men just got to arrogant and proud and stopped listening.

Enjoyed your reply, well said, Let us have an Ear to Hear!!!!!!!!!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
na, again Adam Enoch Noah Abraham Isaac and Jacob and all that happened was no secret. also how do you know whether or not Adam wasn't told the origins of creation? Adam was alive the sixth day and seen the coming of the seventh, and during that time until the tree he had the life Jesus restored us to, hence son ship with the Almighty enjoying unfettered communion with and in the Voice of the Lord.

also with out looking it up, didn't the Lord God identify Himself as to who's God He is at the burning bush?

Yes I believe God expressed who's God He was at the burning bush! My question is at what level, or depth did God give Moses the entire story of Creation, as so for Him to Pen this information so that we have it today. Did Moses depend on info handed down through the ages, by Hebrew's, from generation to generation? Remember Moses was raised by Egypt, not his Hebrew people!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I believe God expressed who's God He was at the burning bush! My question is at what level, or depth did God give Moses the entire story of Creation, as so for Him to Pen this information so that we have it today. Did Moses depend on info handed down through the ages, by Hebrew's, from generation to generation? Remember Moses was raised by Egypt, not his Hebrew people!

who was what we would call his nanny? wasn't it his own mother? also wasn't his father in law a priest of the Midianites. are they not children of Abraham? hence other than children of Israel their history and God were the same were they not? how long did Moses spend in the desert before the Lord God called him? some where's near forty years, correct? that's plenty of time to learn of one's own heritage.

I'm not saying during all that time Moses spent in the tabernacle the Lord wasn't clarifying and or giving Moses any corrections to what Moses has learned form such. but even if you read books like jasher and jubilees you will see that what Moses recorded was what the two documents agreed on and left out the rest. (hence two witnesses) same method when the church back in the day had to sort out the NT, it can be done. the information is forgotten only if no one tells it and keeps it like its gold.

and there's no doubt as to anything such as instructions or laws to the priesthood and or children of Israel didn't come from direct communication with the Lord.

but creation and the like such as the flood, Abram's history before the Lord God told him to pack his stuff, could most definitely come from the hand me down method.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who was what we would call his nanny? wasn't it his own mother? also wasn't his father in law a priest of the Midianites. are they not children of Abraham? hence other than children of Israel their history and God were the same were they not? how long did Moses spend in the desert before the Lord God called him? some where's near forty years, correct? that's plenty of time to learn of one's own heritage.

I'm not saying during all that time Moses spent in the tabernacle the Lord wasn't clarifying and or giving Moses any corrections to what Moses has learned form such. but even if you read books like jasher and jubilees you will see that what Moses recorded was what the two documents agreed on and left out the rest. (hence two witnesses) same method when the church back in the day had to sort out the NT, it can be done. the information is forgotten only if no one tells it and keeps it like its gold.

and there's no doubt as to anything such as instructions or laws to the priesthood and or children of Israel didn't come from direct communication with the Lord.

but creation and the like such as the flood, Abram's history before the Lord God told him to pack his stuff, could most definitely come from the hand me down method.

DON"T YOU REMEMBER IN THE MOVIE THE 10 COMMANDMENTS!! That Moses didn't even know His mother! LoL???
I love ya man, but where are these books Jasher and Jubilees, and by who's authority are they considered Scripture! personally I have never read them. I only have what most folk's have, the Bible!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DON"T YOU REMEMBER IN THE MOVIE THE 10 COMMANDMENTS!! That Moses didn't even know His mother! LoL???
I love ya man, but where are these books Jasher and Jubilees, and by who's authority are they considered Scripture! personally I have never read them. I only have what most folk's have, the Bible!

they're what some classify as lost books but there's even mention of book of jasher in the bible and the book of Enoch. also Enoch is maintained in the Ethiopian bible though there are other versions floating around. jubilees isn't mentioned in the bible. but is available and some you can read online.

anyway I asked a converted rabbi about there statues and he said that they aren't maintained like the bible or the Torah and the like and are considered unreliable for accuracy, which stands to reason.

but if my memory serves, the Lord told Moses where two or more witnesses agree. and if these documents or any like it or those who were responsible for maintaining history when informing Moses for the sake of setting it down, like the NT was, Moses would have to go with where two or more agree and the rest would have to remain outside of what is agreed.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is some what of a side line but of the same information.

could it be said that where the Word of God and the Spirit of God agree there is the Power of God, where the Power and the Word of God agree there is the Spirit of God, and where the Power and the Spirit of God agree the is the Word of God. hence the Word is where the Power and Spirit agree, the Power is where the Word and Spirit agree, and the Spirit is where the Power and the Word agree. note it is the Holy Spirit that is spoken of here.

Reactions: pia and Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
this is some what of a side line but of the same information.

could it be said that where the Word of God and the Spirit of God agree there is the Power of God, where the Power and the Word of God agree there is the Spirit of God, and where the Power and the Spirit of God agree the is the Word of God. hence the Word is where the Power and Spirit agree, the Power is where the Word and Spirit agree, and the Spirit is where the Power and the Word agree. note it is the Holy Spirit that is spoken of here.

Excellent....I like that. :)

Reactions: pia

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always believed that God downloaded the whole lot during the 40 days Moses was up the mountain with Him. It would take 40 days I am sure. :)
No wonder that experience caused his face to shine!! He was obviously caught up in such a cloud of glorious Presence. ( Can I plug that this is what I believe Rapture is...nothing more, nothing less than the Cloud Of Glory which changes us :) Sorry couldn't resist )

I liked your response, but I would like to take another step, concerning ordinary people being given, Knowledge, wisdom, and understanding!!
Exodus 31:1-6
Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying-- 2- " See I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 3- "And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, In wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and all manner of workmanship, --4- "to design artistic works, to work in Gold, in Silver, in Bronze, --5- "in cutting Jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of workmanship. --6 - "And I, indeed I, have appointed with Him Aholiab the Son Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and I have put in the Hearts of all the Gifted artisans, that they may make All that I have Commanded You!
These ordinary men were given the ability to do what they normally could not do! One must realize that the Tent of meeting, the furnishings, and the vessels of worship, were special in design, and had to meet Gods requirements!

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A few years ago a person gave me a book of Enoch, it was a three part book, first was termed from the old testament, second was a rendition from early Christians with Gnostic influence, and the third was from Rabbinical sources. It was an elaborate telling about Heaven and how the Universe was controlled!! It would take a Professor of Enstien capacity, to make heads or tales of it. the third part went like this, Enoch said to Rabbi so and so, so at that point I realized it was a fake, it was really crazy!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The above Scripture was possible because the Bible was not yet finished at that time, but once the Bible was completed, it was no longer possible to receive any form of revelations coming from God. Today we have God’s whole revelation to mankind written in book form called the Bible.

Just because God is Sovereign, it does not mean He can break His own rules whenever He likes. God is a God of order, and He does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He abides by His own rules. What He says He will do!

And, He said in Revelation 22:18-19:

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

The plagues written herein are the judgments of God!

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the Holy City, and from the things that are written in this book.

Again, the things written in this book are the judgments of God, but this time, God will also take away his part in the book of life!

The two Scriptures above are ominous warnings. I pray you pay heed.

So you still think nothing can stand against revelation because it only comes from God?

OR…

God never stopped speaking because you said so? Unbeknown to you, the end result thereof is death in both Scriptures above.

For someone who believes only in God, and NOT believe the Bible is the word God, as you’ve claimed, you’re a bad example who thinks he knows the things of God! Go figure.

Why not tell people you’re supposed to have addressed post #8 to me, afraid you will be refuted again as I just did?

To God Be The Glory