Who voices are you listening too? God, your own or the devil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it God's voice that you hear? or your own? or worse the devil and his demons, I think many will be suprised that the voices they are listening to may not be God's and will find themselves in a trap that will be hard to escape before Jesus returns, maybe it will be you. This short vid touches on how it happens.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, Good tpoic.
John 10:1-18

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it God's voice that you hear? or your own? or worse the devil and his demons, I think many will be suprised that the voices they are listening to may not be God's and will find themselves in a trap that will be hard to escape before Jesus returns, maybe it will be you. This short vid touches on how it happens.

Hi Mark, did the video actually explain what the indicator was for discerning fallacy from truth? He did mention that we must be weary as to from where we get our instructions from i.e. qualified Christians, but even the most astute or sincere theologians/pastors can be in error. Assuming that we trust that both Luther & Calvin were well-intending Christians, who side should we take in case of a dispute or controversy?

I've often said, that if there is wisdom, Biblical attestation, and ultimately, glory to God in one's theology/doctrine/convictions, then there is a high possibility that you have discerned God's word correctly. If one cannot substantiate their position with a comprehensive and cohesive approach to Scripture, or that their view leads to a subjective mysticism or spirituality that no one can verify its efficacy, then delusion or a misguided intent is usually behind such radical and irrational conclusions.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
How do even the elect guard themselves from being deceived? Matthew 24:24
Knowing the scriptures isn't enough. 2 Peter 3:16 How many cultists still think they and the rest of their group are the only ones saved, but their condemnation is far more likely?

We need to trust God to keep us, we came to him for salvation, we must believe he still loves us and wants us. The trust we had in the beginning, to believe in him, we still need to operate in it.

What does it mean to believe? Even the demons believe God exists and tremble. We need to act like we believe that Jesus is Lord. That means obedience to him.

Should we continue lying to one-another or ourselves and expect God to continue to reveal the truth to us? Repent of all falsehood, then we are not double minded; Lying but claiming to know the truth, hating but claiming to love life.
James 1:6

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Rather a negative approach that is subject to interpretation, Better that you encourage people to hear God's voice and how that is done.

Hears one to help you. I have two hearts. The normal one that beats and keeps me alive and an inner one that is spiritually attuned to spiritual messages. If God speaks to me it is usually not a loud shouting. It is usually a quieter still voice. A little something that is impressed on my spirit (second heart). If that voice continues to make its presence known then I can be assured that God is speaking to me.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Every mankind are given the same equal heart and this was called as a "wheat". But they were grows in different culture or habitant, some grow at a "give a damn" of live with God some grow at a "good family" with good understanding of God's Love, some grow at a "lukewarm" family neither follow God or follow rationality, etc. As we see together many of them are being tested in some point of their lives, good seeds are becoming more Love to God and others, while some seeds are being taken of the world treasures and leaving God, but some of the worst is they preach as a god and their lives was worshiped the mammon. Some examples of the scripture where every person of this world were being tempted by the devil are when they were in difficult times of their lives or experiencing trouble with disease or economic problem, some will follow what the devil offer just like Jesus was tempted in Luke 4:5-8, some artists were following the mammon and deny God existence just like following examples :

So, the voice of God were guide us thru the bible. By knowing bible we can discern the voices that comes into your life. But in the end, does everybody was knowing God or not it depends on what is the most priority of their own life ?

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do even the elect guard themselves from being deceived? Matthew 24:24
Knowing the scriptures isn't enough. 2 Peter 3:16 How many cultists still think they and the rest of their group are the only ones saved, but their condemnation is far more likely?

its not that complicated the liar doesn't tell the truth about the truth, or its not a liar. also the instructions to live a certain life received comes from the source thereof. that can be seen even in the animal kingdom. also with whom one has received this life in the flesh from. therefore the instructions to live the Life received of Christ is of God. if one is born of the Holy Spirit the instructions are with you.

surly the Lord will not let you be deceived if you seek Him for the Truth. one should read proverbs chapter 8

Reactions: lforrest

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
if you seek the Father you should have no fear from the voice you are hearing.