Who wants to Judge a Man of God who lives i Health and Prosperity??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

James 4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen...

Rom 14:4, Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with the Prosperity Message, but I do think some Prosperity Ministers do have a "gift of faith." They may get some amazing answers to prayer. But I think it's discouraging to some when they make a doctrine out of it, because it doesn't work for all. I thank God they're at least preaching the Gospel of Christ!

There is certainly a biblical basis for being prospered for our obedience, such as in the Law of Moses. Israel was promised blessings if they obeyed God's word.

So it's true that prosperity, of some kind, will fall upon those who are obedient in the covenant of Christ. I just won't say precisely what that blessing will look like. Christians sometimes suffer, as well. And it's my burden to strengthen them, so that they aren't disillusioned by it.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with the Prosperity Message, but I do think some Prosperity Ministers do have a "gift of faith." They may get some amazing answers to prayer. But I think it's discouraging to some when they make a doctrine out of it, because it doesn't work for all. I thank God they're at least preaching the Gospel of Christ!

There is certainly a biblical basis for being prospered for our obedience, such as in the Law of Moses. Israel was promised blessings if they obeyed God's word.

So it's true that prosperity, of some kind, will fall upon those who are obedient in the covenant of Christ. I just won't say precisely what that blessing will look like. Christians sometimes suffer, as well. And it's my burden to strengthen them, so that they aren't disillusioned by it.

Do you want to give the poor and sick man's word or God's Word??
3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to give the poor and sick man's word or God's Word??

Well, the question is: Is it really "God's Word?" I don't find that Paul the Apostle lied when he said he was knocked down, shipwrecked, stoned, etc. So yes, I will take his word for it, but not against God's word. The Prosperity Message doesn't seem to have an answer for legitimate Christian suffering, for times when God does not heal. I don't wish to be in a position to judge people for the ills they go through. Sorry! That's a very cruel road to take! I leave you to walk your own chosen path. If it doesn't work out over the long haul, don't give up: God doesn't abandon His people when He puts them through hard times.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the question is: Is it really "God's Word?" I don't find that Paul the Apostle lied when he said he was knocked down, shipwrecked, stoned, etc. So yes, I will take his word for it, but not against God's word. The Prosperity Message doesn't seem to have an answer for legitimate Christian suffering, for times when God does not heal. I don't wish to be in a position to judge people for the ills they go through. Sorry! That's a very cruel road to take! I leave you to walk your own chosen path. If it doesn't work out over the long haul, don't give up: God doesn't abandon His people when He puts them through hard times.

I last went to a doctor in 1967 for a stuffy ear=wasted my time and PTL. for all His gifts=everything I want and need with more to share with others and ZERO debts!!!PYL. and you??===NEVER try to blame GOD FOR YOUR HARD TIMES!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the one thing we need to be aware of when we pray that the Lord will prosper is to ask that He might safeguard us from being captivated by mammon.

Mat 6:22, The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23, But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 6:24, No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

We must keep our focus on the Lord and not allow the material prosperity that He gives us to captivate us or bring us under its spell.

If we have the blessing of abundance we need to be on guard against that abundance becoming a sort of idol in our lives.

However, contextually, I can do all things through Him that strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:12-13).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan's deception is that Born-again believers should not seek to accept God's blessings of health and prosperity and it is good to live sick and poor!!! WRONG!!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

James 4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

no its not, its the Lord God choice. and these statements in Psalms are written by those who lived in material prosperity.

there are some that may have no desire for things of this world to allow them to be available for any service in the faithful's case. but if you live this life in the flesh for this life in the flesh you're not living the life of Christ. and criminals and the corrupt live in material prosperity and material poverty also.

wasn't it Jesus who said something to the effect that seek out the things of Heaven and the rest is unto you?

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ti 6:5, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6, But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7, For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8, And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9, But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10, For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1Ti 6:11, But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:17, Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Ti 6:18, That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19, Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Last edited:

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan's deception is that Born-again believers should not seek to accept God's blessings of health and prosperity and it is good to live sick and poor!!! WRONG!!

actually GOd tells us not seek riches but to be content,

1Ti 6:9, But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

you seem to be very concerened with money and wealth, is not God enough for you???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 118:25, Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
That was one gorgeous psalm . Notice HE says SAVE NOW , I BESEECH THEE , Send now PROSPERITY .
OH the psalmists wasnt speaking of uncertain riches which cannot save .
As you seem to know that already . LOOK at the next line for this SAVING PROSPERITY .
What was the answer .
BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES in the NAME of the LORD .
That writer KNEW and SAW and told of the COMING OF THE ONE TRUE SAVOIR .
HIS prosperity . the prosperity HE was speaking of , IS JESUS . OH read the beauty of pslam one hundred and eighteen .
But this proves a point . WHERE our heart truly is , IS HOW we will discern scripture .
IF a man loveth money , HE , as many false prosperity preaches have done , WILL use that line to JUSTIFY they love of money.
WHEN In truth , IT WAS SPEAKING OF CHRIST .
OH but lambs WHO LOVE JESUS , they see what the scripture truly means and points too .
THE beauty of CHRIST . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .
See, our prosperity , the only way to be truly rich, IS IN JESUS . HE IS OUR PROSPERITY . OH let the LORD be praised .
LET the LORD , i say , BE PRAISED .

Reactions: Nancy and Dave M

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=NEVER try to blame GOD FOR YOUR HARD TIMES!!

see brother the difference in what you say and the word of God below says. suffering hard times as you put it, prepare us for eternal life, purify us. You are focused on the riches of the world that are all passing away, when the bible tells us to be focused on the spiritual blessing of Eternity. That never pass away, the bible tells us it is stupid to build store up treasure on earth and wise to store up treasure in heaven
Matthew 6:19-20

2 Corinthians 4:17
For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,

James 1:2-4 E
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Romans 5:3-4
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

Philippians 1:29
For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

1 Peter 3:14
But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
(note the blessing here is a spiritual blessing which is far greater then any material blessing)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see brother the difference in what you say and the word of God below says. suffering hard times as you put it, prepare us for eternal life, purify us. You are focused on the riches of the world that are all passing away, when the bible tells us to be focused on the spiritual blessing of Eternity. That never pass away, the bible tells us it is stupid to build store up treasure on earth and wise to store up treasure in heaven

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
(note the blessing here is a spiritual blessing which is far greater then any material blessing)

For BLESSED is the one who endures temptation .
Rejoice when you are persecuted , hated , despitefully used , for great is your reward in heaven .
SING to the Glorious King .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was one gorgeous psalm . Notice HE says SAVE NOW , I BESEECH THEE , Send now PROSPERITY .
OH the psalmists wasnt speaking of uncertain riches which cannot save .
As you seem to know that already . LOOK at the next line for this SAVING PROSPERITY .
What was the answer .
BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES in the NAME of the LORD .
That writer KNEW and SAW and told of the COMING OF THE ONE TRUE SAVOIR .
HIS prosperity . the prosperity HE was speaking of , IS JESUS . OH read the beauty of pslam one hundred and eighteen .
But this proves a point . WHERE our heart truly is , IS HOW we will discern scripture .
IF a man loveth money , HE , as many false prosperity preaches have done , WILL use that line to JUSTIFY they love of money.
WHEN In truth , IT WAS SPEAKING OF CHRIST .
OH but lambs WHO LOVE JESUS , they see what the scripture truly means and points too .
THE beauty of CHRIST . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .
See, our prosperity , the only way to be truly rich, IS IN JESUS . HE IS OUR PROSPERITY . OH let the LORD be praised .
LET the LORD , i say , BE PRAISED .
It is important that we love the Blesser more than we love the blessing that He gives.

Does this mean that He does not give material prosperity as well as spiritual?

He has said, "I have given thee the power to get wealth;" (Deuteronomy 18:8) and "Money answereth all things." (Ecclesiastes 10:19).

This to be balanced out by the understanding that money can become an idol in your life, through the principality mammon; and that Jesus said you cannot serve two masters; either you will love the one and hate the other or else you will hold to the one and despise the other...you cannot serve God and mammon.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no instead you should thank him for chance to prove your faith in him,,
Amen...one will NEVER grow in Him unless they share in His sufferings. We grow through trials! how else to become strong and built up in the faith when they start saying "peace and safety"..."sudden destruction..." ? The narrow path is not intended to be easy- peezy smooth sailing from here on out!! Ya'd never grow an inch! We are grateful for ALL things, good AND bad. I'm grateful for my shoe's AND socks, I'm grateful for food, shelter and a decent vehicle to get me to where I need to be, and the numerous things He has blessed me with! I was not blessed financially until I prayed fervently to become a good steward of HIS money. He has made a way where I couldn't see one. Funny thing, once you lose your taste for filthy lucre...it seems to find you ;) He knows what you will do with your blessings. It is all in motive I suppose.
And those who say "oh, you just don't have the faith" if they are not healed make me want to slap them! How horrid to say that to someone who certainly DOES have true faith. Sickness and death are promised to us. Seems the poor soul usually ends up questioning their own faith, their joy starts to dissipate after awhile, some will walk away and not look back or do what I did...found another bible teaching Church. And let me tell you, WHAT a breath of fresh air.
Okay then...sry I ran on. :)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are free to live in sickness and poverty if you so choose but I choose to believe for and accept the blessings, protection,and gifts from God!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.
And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually." Job 1:1-5

Yes, Job was perfect before God with what he had, but in order to grow even closer to God, what happened then?