Who Was The Other Disciple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
I have often wondered who the other disciple was. I read this again tonight and thought I would ask my questions here. John 20:8 8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.~~~~~~~~John 21:20-2520 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? 21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? 22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? 24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. 25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.~~~~~~Who was this other disciple.....After reading these scriptures , it sounded like the other disciple ( who Jesus loved) was John, the author of the Gospel John?God bless