Who/What is Jesus if not God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not God, as so many love to claim today, please explain who Jesus is then; what He is that His life and sacrifice could accomplish so much if not the work of divine efforts.

Many will make all manner of case to prove that He is not God, but I have seen nobody explain just where He stands in such a scenario as having changed everything in the entire world ... by His sheer blood, sweat and tears.

Nobody but God could do what He did.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God inside of Jesus was apart of God, and Jesus also was named God with us. However Jesus wasn’t fully God in the exterior fleshly part of what was made to become a sacrifice in which Jesus offered his blood to God and returned to show it was accepted back in that day in age.

I believe Jesus was God with them but not the flesh… why? What is the reason? God himself could not be tempted. However Jesus the fleshly nature was indeed tempted. God knows everything, there was times where Jesus professed he did not know everything.

So those are two simple reason why I understand we are to pray to the Father in heaven and ask in Jesus name.

Some believe they need to pray to Jesus. I don’t know why but it is something people do. I don’t judge what people do but however what Jesus presents is strong indications of what one should follow. Praying to the Father in Jesus name.

Jesus is ultimately the Word of God. As in the beginning in which God gave The spoken Word power to create. That Word became flesh, and dwelt among his own chosen people the Israelites.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
If Jesus is not God, as so many love to claim today, please explain who Jesus is then; what He is that His life and sacrifice could accomplish so much if not the work of divine efforts.

Many will make all manner of case to prove that He is not God, but I have seen nobody explain just where He stands in such a scenario as having changed everything in the entire world ... by His sheer blood, sweat and tears.

Jesus is the son of God... How do you explain Jesus is his own father? If Jesus was God, how could he have a God?
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
The Word of God inside of Jesus was apart of God, and Jesus also was named God with us. However Jesus wasn’t fully God in the exterior fleshly part of what was made to become a sacrifice in which Jesus offered his blood to God and returned to show it was accepted back in that day in age.

I believe Jesus was God with them but not the flesh… why? What is the reason? God himself could not be tempted. However Jesus the fleshly nature was indeed tempted. God knows everything, there was times where Jesus professed he did not know everything.

So those are two simple reason why I understand we are to pray to the Father in heaven and ask in Jesus name.

Some believe they need to pray to Jesus. I don’t know why but it is something people do. I don’t judge what people do but however what Jesus presents is strong indications of what one should follow. Praying to the Father in Jesus name.

Jesus is ultimately the Word of God. As in the beginning in which God gave The spoken Word power to create. That Word became flesh, and dwelt among his own chosen people the Israelites.
If Jesus was not fully God, then he is not God... plain and simple... God is the father of Jesus, is he not? How then could Jesus be God, who is his father?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Who is Jesus?
I will answer by quoting what God himself said...
"THIS IS MY SON"
So according to God Jesus is His son

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
If Jesus was not fully God, then he is not God... plain and simple... God is the father of Jesus, is he not? How then could Jesus be God, who is his father?
John 14:6-10 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Philippians 2:6-11 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However Jesus wasn’t fully God in the exterior fleshly part of what was made to become a sacrifice in which Jesus offered his blood to God and returned to show it was accepted back in that day in age.
This is total nonsense. It was the blood of God which was shed for the sins of humanity.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28)

Here Luke is writing by divine inspiration and plainly calling Jesus "GOD" who has purchased the Church with His own blood. This one verse should settle the matter altogether. And all English translations have the same verse.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How Does God have blood when God is spirit?

doesn’t make sense to me either Enoch my friend.

let me show you something,

back in the day the Israelites needed one high priest to go into the holy of Holies once a year… to do what? Bring forth a sacrifice for sins paid for, they would tie a rope around the person in case they died while in there and needed to be drug out.

When the high priest came back out they all rejoiced in learning their sins were forgiven.

It’s the same thing with the fleshly blood of Jesus only he went and ascended to heaven however it was the same premise… he had to come back out to show the believers that their sins had been paid for.

Jesus presented his blood as an offering to God which was accepted which was pure and eradicated all sin for all the world.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people believe God is just as tangible as an old grandpa or something yet clearly described as being Spirit, and a Consuming fire.

Why doesn’t the Jesus just say I am God, and stop saying that they are right when they call him the son of God or Christ…

The reason why Jesus never says this is because That would be going against the first commandment to not have idols before God thus God (Yahweh) was the God of the born son Jesus who was the Word of God which makes him the very image of the invisible God.

Jesus was the expressed image of Gods (mind/will/emotions) that was killed on the cross.

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
since He Himself is God.
do i get something from our conversation? i don't think so because i know i'm absolutely right
right now
Philippians 2:6-11
the begotten son of God did not rob God of his identity when he was in the form of God but instead he humbled himself that's why God his father exalted him

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

christ never admitted he was God
nor did he admit he wasn't
but you on the otherhand testify he was based on a conclusion

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is total nonsense. It was the blood of God which was shed for the sins of humanity.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28)

Here Luke is writing by divine inspiration and plainly calling Jesus "GOD" who has purchased the Church with His own blood. This one verse should settle the matter altogether. And all English translations have the same verse.

Thats written metaphorically and could have several meanings. I have my dads blood, Jesus has Gods blood

What about the fact that Jesus spoke and prayed to God and God spoke back declaring "this is my son"
I can never get a logical explanation for this. Can you provide one?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
John 14:6-10 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jesus is not saying he is God...He said the father is in him...and he is in the father... either way he is not God...If you swallowed a bus or you are in the bus either way you are not the bus.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
There you have it. Christ did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, since He Himself is God.
If you are equal to your brother, does that make you your brother? Jesus said he came out from God, as all sons came out from their fathers. Sons are not their father,s are they?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Thats written metaphorically and could have several meanings. I have my dads blood, Jesus has Gods blood

What about the fact that Jesus spoke and prayed to God and God spoke back declaring "this is my son"
Don't fall for his nonsense...Luke is saying to feed the church of God (Jesus' father) which he (Jesus ) had purchased with his (Jesus') blood. We know this because God is spirit and spirits do not have blood. God sent Jesus his son to be the saviour of the world, because God himself cannot die and he has no blood.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago

God does not have blood sir. God is not a man. God is a spirit. Luke is not calling Jesus God. You are calling Jesus God. Jesus died on the cross, not God. Are you saying that your God died on a cross?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes. Easy. Jesus is God's Son. This fact, that Jesus is the Son of God, is the greatest evidence there is to Jesus' divinity. Angels are sons of God by creation. We are sons of God by adoption. Jesus is the only unique begotten Son of God...a Son in the highest sense. Therefore if God begets a Son after His own nature (for what other nature can Jesus possibly be) , then surely that means that the Son is God begotten.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and GEN2REV

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And more nonsense. God doesn't have blood. You are tripping yourself up in trying to support Jesus being divine so much you are denying Jesus' humanity. Jesus IS BOTH fully God And fully man. You obviously can't reconcile this duality...as VERY FEW are honest enough to consider. Any sense of balance seems beyond the capability of the carnal religious mind.

Reading skills seem to be very lacking where religious convictions are concerned. The church of God was indeed purchased by the blood of Jesus...not the blood of God. You are falling into the SAME error as the Catholics who see Mary as the mother of God...rather than the mother of the humanity of Jesus.

The reason why there is a religious reaction going too far one way is because of a religious reaction going too far the other way. Nobody wants to use some wisdom to see the proper balance so instead people take up one extreme or the other...in the cause of foolishness.

Basic human tomfoolery at work.

Reactions: faithfulness

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Saint of God

I don’t believe the claim of Jesus is fully 100% God when he left the heavenly realm, he was maybe 50% God and 100% human.

Jesus being born in fleshly body became lower than the angels is something to consider.

I do see Jesus however in the fullness of God having done everything he said he would do, as now being the Lord God Almighty.

Many people have a problem with that though… but when you think about Jesus being the WORD, God spoken Word was Jesus who became flesh who was the Lord God Almighty.

That is the end result for me and my understanding and doesn’t matter if people have a problem with it as GOD SEES right through me and my nakedness… the only one who clothes me in his righteousness is Jesus when I abide in him.

Last edited: