Who wrote the bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many of us, are very curious about who the author of the Bible is? And when was this Bible written? Let's explore this topic with me.

vvy6eya.png
According to historical tradition as well as the assertion of many Bible scholars, it is asserted that the Bible was written by man and used by God. All of the manuscripts that make up the Bible today were written over a millennium and a half.

The manuscript was written by 36 men known by name plus the sons of Korah, as they are called in the scriptures. All these people collaborated in sacred writings, mostly in the Old Testament and a few in the New Testament.

In 1947, a boy goat herder while searching for lost goats in Qumran by the Dead Sea stumbled into a cave. He found earthen jars with scrolls of parchment inside. These manuscripts were later identified by the Jerusalem Bible Institute as dating to the time of Jesus.

Then, people excavated this area from 1947 to 1956 and discovered about 870 more manuscripts. By the early 1990s, all of these texts were published. Experts have collaborated to restore, read and interpret these texts. They are written in Hebrew and Aramaic and contain passages from the Hebrew Bible that recount the lives of famous biblical figures such as Noah or Abraham. The contents of the manuscripts talk about the birth of the Savior and the desire for God's grace.

According to what has been found by scripture scholars, some biblical texts were written by various scribes or authors. Some examples of this can be mentioned in the book of Psalms.

The main collaborator in the book of Psalms is King David, but other Psalms were also written by the sons of the Korah, Mosé, Ethan, and Asaph. The names of these people will then be detailed and the Bible editions of the Old or New Testaments that each of them wrote.

In the nineteenth century, several writers discovered different styles in the Old Testament, indicating that there were many different authors. Regarding the Old Testament, analysts have changed the way the problem is put. Instead of wondering who wrote the Bible, they now ask, “When was the Bible written?” It seems that the Jewish Bible is a collection of scriptures written over and over again in the first millennium B.C.E and not by one person who wrote them.

It was not until the 6th century BC that the canon recounts of the stories from the 2nd millennium BC were fully edited. The authors of those sutras relied not only on references before their time but also on oral stories that are now untraceable. Thus, the more you try to search, the less likely you are to find the author of the Bibles.

With the New Testament, it is a bit different because everyone agrees that each Gospel was written by one person. But even this is more of a conjecture than an assertion. One problem with the gospels is that they were compiled in the first century AD recording the messages of Jesus half a century after His death.

Thus, from the above time periods, the question "Who was the author of the Bible?" is still a parameter with no exact answer. One can only say: The Bible is inspired by God (the Father of Jesus Christ), God is the author, and the Bible is written by man through the inspiration of God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Currently, there are many arguments, so it is not possible to determine exactly who wrote it.
It would have remained a mistery accept that when you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you, this very book comes alive with revelation of God's truth.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was not until the 6th century BC that the canon recounts of the stories from the 2nd millennium BC were fully edited. The authors of those sutras relied not only on references before their time but also on oral stories that are now untraceable. Thus, the more you try to search, the less likely you are to find the author of the Bibles.
Why are you posting this nonsense? And you have probably copied this from somewhere without properly attributing it to the original writer (hack). Looks like you have been doing this all long.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Currently, there are many arguments, so it is not possible to determine exactly who wrote it.
Not possible to determine using what means?

By scouring history books that are re-written every decade, or less?

By using mathematics and science that is also updated every decade, or less?

How is it that you are trying to 'determine' who wrote the Bible, and what is your standard of definitive proof?

You claimed you were a New Christian here excited to learn about God and the Bible, but you have done nothing but post sermons with the apparent intent of teaching Christians that their faith is misplaced.

Can you explain your apparent insincere presence here?

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not possible to determine using what means?

By scouring history books that are re-written every decade, or less?

By using mathematics and science that is also updated every decade, or less?

How is it that you are trying to 'determine' who wrote the Bible, and what is your standard of definitive proof?

You claimed you were a New Christian here excited to learn about God and the Bible, but you have done nothing but post sermons with the apparent intent of teaching Christians that their faith is misplaced.

Can you explain your apparent insincere presence here?
How can you think I am teaching Christians that their faith is out of place? This is a forum for discussion and I think that with every post, someone is right and someone is wrong. And I'm here to listen to people, and I'm not teaching anyone anything. Blessing!

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
With the New Testament, it is a bit different because everyone agrees that each Gospel was written by one person. But even this is more of a conjecture than an assertion. .

What you said it not true.
The Authorship of the 4 Gospels is not a "conjecture" tho it is a bit of a issue for people like you, Jennifer, who want to use a Christian Forum to cast doubt on the word of God.
Maybe you can find something better to do with your Christianity, if you are actually a Christian.
Or no?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you think I am teaching Christians that their faith is out of place? This is a forum for discussion and I think that with every post, someone is right and someone is wrong. And I'm here to listen to people, and I'm not teaching anyone anything. Blessing!
You're not here asking questions, though, Jennifer. You are posting sermons. Are you not?

Would it make sense for a new Christian to show up at a church and claim that they are new to Christianity and eager to learn and then begin preaching sermons to people about God and the Bible?

It's fine to post what you're posting, but it is a bit confusing if you claim to be new to the faith and eager to learn. In other words, your actions aren't lining up with your claims about why you're here.

You posted this thread as a question, "Who wrote the Bible", then proceeded to answer your own question; and when I gave you my answer, you corrected me with this post:
Does that look/sound like somebody who is here to learn in honesty and humility?

If you are here in sincerity, then why dodge this follow-up question of mine?:

Last edited:
Reactions: RedFan

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not here asking questions, though, Jennifer. You are posting sermons. Are you not?

Would it make sense for a new Christian to show up at a church and claim that they are new to Christianity and eager to learn and then begin preaching sermons to people about God and the Bible?

It's fine to post what you're posting, but it is a bit confusing if you claim to be new to the faith and eager to learn. In other words, your actions aren't lining up with your claims about why you're here.

You posted this thread as a question, "Who wrote the Bible", then proceeded to answer your own question; and when I gave you my answer, you corrected me with this post:
Does that look/sound like somebody who is here to learn in honesty and humility?

If you are here in sincerity, then why dodge this follow-up question of mine?:
If you already think I am, then I have nothing more to explain. I will delete the post to avoid causing unnecessary controversy. After this article, I think I have more experience in choosing topics. But you said I am a newbie and trying to teach others, you are wrong, I put up a topic to learn, I am not allowed to answer the question ?, so that through those answers I can accumulate more experience and determine what is right and wrong?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you help me delete this post, I can't find the delete button. Thank you!
Don't be so quick to delete your own post because someone has disqualified you. In the Spirit leave it to God. On the forum if you really want to delete a post, look to the lower left three parallel lines and click it for options...

Some people like preachers or teachers educated perhaps by the schools of men and too often those schools include the designated seminaries of the various denominations. Jesus spoke about The Teacher here:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Early in your walk with God you may simply read and study your Bible, but always, always reach out to God talking with Him asking for the Teacher to help you learn and understand His Message to you and His purpose for you. Let God define it for you rather than any man... including me.

Consider what David was inspired to write here:

"Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger." Psalm 8:2

And what Jesus said here:

Mt 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

God does want you to respect older folk, but that does not mean you must follow them into a ditch. As Paul put it:

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" I Cor 11:1

God works with available vessels to accomplish His works for His purpose. He chooses the vessels among those who are willing. This could and does at times include newbies!

Don't let anyone put you down simply because you are new and inexperienced in the things of God. God is your Leader. He may use men to lead you, but not every who claims to be your leader or teacher, is!

Give God the glory!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the OP -- who wrote the Bible -- is a misleading query. The Bible is a collection of sixty-six separate works, written by different authors over thousands of years. These days, we can purchase a Bible, as though it was one book, since it's bound between two covers, but it's more like a portable library.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you already think I am, then I have nothing more to explain. I will delete the post to avoid causing unnecessary controversy. After this article, I think I have more experience in choosing topics. But you said I am a newbie and trying to teach others, you are wrong, I put up a topic to learn, I am not allowed to answer the question ?, so that through those answers I can accumulate more experience and determine what is right and wrong?

I am sorry that you were spoken to so harshly as well. I did not see anywhere in what you wrote wrote that God was disrespected in any way. One of my favorite speakers on Creation believes that at least 10 people wrote Genesis. He thinks Adam wrote Genesis 1. I always thought that was kinda cool. He is taking nothing away from the Bible for saying that, and believes that God created in 6 days.
I wonder how many of the folk who are hollering at you take the Bible literally, esp in Genesis? It would be kinda funny if they hollered about who wrote it but didn't quite believe what was in it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry that you were spoken to so harshly as well. I did not see anywhere in what you wrote wrote that God was disrespected in any way. One of my favorite speakers on Creation believes that at least 10 people wrote Genesis. He thinks Adam wrote Genesis 1. I always thought that was kinda cool. He is taking nothing away from the Bible for saying that, and believes that God created in 6 days.
I wonder how many of the folk who are hollering at you take the Bible literally, esp in Genesis? It would be kinda funny if they hollered about who wrote it but didn't quite believe what was in it.
I have been spoken to harshly at times, but it was the OP poster that was addressed in a not so loving way. I think people on these forums don't always follow proper scripture supported methods for discussing differences to our beliefs. It should be done in love. I've been guilty of that too.

Reactions: amadeus

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been spoken to harshly at times, but it was the OP poster that was addressed in a not so loving way. I think people on these forums don't always follow proper scripture supported methods for discussing differences to our beliefs. It should be done in love. I've been guilty of that too.
Yes, i thought I deleted this post and redid it quoting Jennifer post #18

Guess I wasn't fast enough.

Reactions: dev553344