Who You Are

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 12-2-22 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Kislev 7, 5783 72nd Fall Day

Today's Devotional

Read: Psalm 8 | Bible in a Year: Joel 1–3; Revelation 5
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

What is mankind that you are mindful of them? Psalm 8:4

His name is Dnyan, and he considers himself a student of the world. And “this is a very big school,” he says of all the cities and towns he’s passed through. He began a four-year journey on his bicycle in 2016 to meet and learn from people. When there’s a language barrier, he finds that sometimes people can understand just by looking at each other.

He also depends on a translation app on his phone to communicate. He doesn’t measure his journey in the miles he’s traveled or the sights he’s seen. Instead, he measures it in the people who’ve left an imprint on his heart: “Maybe I do not know your language, but I would like to find out who you are.”

It’s a very big world, yet God knows everything about it and the people in it—fully and completely. The psalmist David was in awe of God when he considered all the works of His hands: the making of the heavens, the moon, and the stars (Psalm 8:3). He wondered, “What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?” (v. 4).

God knows you more thoroughly than anyone else possibly can and He cares for you. We can only respond, “Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!” (vv. 1, 9).
How do you feel knowing that God knows all about you and loves you? What does believing this truth look like in your life today?
Dear God, it’s awesome to realize that You’re all-knowing about Your whole creation. I love You for knowing me personally too.

INSIGHT

In the opening verse of this beautiful hymn of praise, David declares the greatness of God through His power and glory evident in heaven and earth. In Psalm 8:2 he states, “Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies.” Some Bible versions put it this way: “you have ordained strength” (nkjv); “you have established strength” (esv).

Here David considers the power and glory of God displayed through babies and small children. This idea touches on the familiar theme in the Bible that God uses the weak to display His strength and majesty (1 Corinthians 1:27). The remaining verses of Psalm 8 point to the creation story in Genesis 1–2 and the fact that God’s creation of humanity was His crowning achievement.

By Anne Cetas|December 14th, 2020

Living Like Christ 1 Timothy Four:12-16

12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

Reactions: Nancy and Charlie24