Whose idea was it to send the spies to scout the promised land?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From the vertical perspective, Numbers 13:

1And the LORD said to Moses, 2“Send out for yourself men to spy out the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the Israelites. From each of their fathers’ tribes send one man who is a leader among them.”
From the horizontal perspective, Deuteronomy 1:

22Then all of you approached me and said, “Let us send men ahead of us to search out the land and bring us word of what route to follow and which cities to enter.” 23The plan seemed good to me, so I selected twelve men from among you, one from each tribe.
Both are true. This is the principle of Co-Reality.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the vertical perspective, Numbers 13:

From the horizontal perspective, Deuteronomy 1:

Both are true. This is the principle of Co-Reality.
I don't know what you mean by "Co-Reality?" But if you mean that two seemingly-contradictory facts can both be true, I would agree. For example, God has determined things that will take place in the future. And the fact He uses intermediary agencies to accomplish these things does not contradict the fact that He ie the One overseeing this work.