Why am I a muslim

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hersh

Jan 7, 2021
Melbourne
newpaul369125753.wordpress.com
Faith
Muslim
Country
Australia
Hi all,
Upon signing up, I was asked to click if I was a 'Christian' or a 'Muslim.' While I practice Christianity more so that I do Islam (though I have been to Mosque from time to time), I decided to click 'Muslim,' as it is known that the many prophets of the religions of the God of Monotheism that came before visited Mohammed in his lifetime, in order to authenticate the establishment of yet another of God's many great religions. Why, then, would any Muslim deny the legitimacy of Christianity?
It is not necessary, however, for a Christian to accept Islam, seeing as though there is no mention of it in the scripture.
And yet, Christians and Muslims are constantly at war with one another. Why does God do this to His peoples? Is war really that much fun? Members of all monotheistic faiths should be working together to repel the advance of nihilism that has spread since World War II. Religion has been responsible for all the major advancements in history leading to the present.
Only through war can technology increase, and humanity can conquer the stars. But it must be done with love, the way God does it. Because without love, life is not worth having. The sole reason the Creator made the universe in the first place is on love's account.
It's time for the fundamentalists to own up to their scheming and deceitful ways, and take responsibility for the losses suffered by God and His churches from the outside.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
Upon signing up, I was asked to click if I was a 'Christian' or a 'Muslim.' While I practice Christianity more so that I do Islam (though I have been to Mosque from time to time), I decided to click 'Muslim,' as it is known that the many prophets of the religions of the God of Monotheism that came before visited Mohammed in his lifetime, in order to authenticate the establishment of yet another of God's many great religions. Why, then, would any Muslim deny the legitimacy of Christianity?
It is not necessary, however, for a Christian to accept Islam, seeing as though there is no mention of it in the scripture.
And yet, Christians and Muslims are constantly at war with one another. Why does God do this to His peoples? Is war really that much fun? Members of all monotheistic faiths should be working together to repel the advance of nihilism that has spread since World War II. Religion has been responsible for all the major advancements in history leading to the present.
Only through war can technology increase, and humanity can conquer the stars. But it must be done with love, the way God does it. Because without love, life is not worth having. The sole reason the Creator made the universe in the first place is on love's account.
It's time for the fundamentalists to own up to their scheming and deceitful ways, and take responsibility for the losses suffered by God and His churches from the outside.

Greetings, Hersh!

I agree with a number of your statements, but let me ask you: How do you feel about Islamic Jihad? Do you feel it is right to take human life in the name of religion?

Welcome to Christianity Board, btw, and I hope you like it here.
Hidden In Him

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

Something about beheading all Christ followers as stated in the Koran...
Wahabi, Shiite, and Suni extremists have taken over. They claim Christians are satanists.

So where what you propose is peaceful enough...there's an old proverb about caring for snakes...or the one about the frog and the scorpion probably fits better. But it's not going to happen with most.

Hersh

Jan 7, 2021
Melbourne
newpaul369125753.wordpress.com
Faith
Muslim
Country
Australia
@Hersh
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, amadeus! :cool:

Something about beheading all Christ followers as stated in the Koran...
Wahabi, Shiite, and Suni extremists have taken over. They claim Christians are satanists.

So where what you propose is peaceful enough...there's an old proverb about caring for snakes...or the one about the frog and the scorpion probably fits better. But it's not going to happen with most.[/QUOTE

I've read the Koran. It is a masterpiece of biblical literature. There is a lot of righteous anger, and it can tend to be a little on the harsh side, but all of the anger is aimed at schemers, unbeleivers--negative people in general, certainly not against Christ, whom is exalted as the standard. Somewhat more against the Jews who have broken their covenant with God (God was angry about this, and wanted to vent His frustration).

Greetings, Hersh!

I agree with a number of your statements, but let me ask you: How do you feel about Islamic Jihad? Do you feel it is right to take human life in the name of religion?

Welcome to Christianity Board, btw, and I hope you like it here.
Hidden In Him

That is a difficult question. My instincts say No, it is not right to do this. But if God says it is right, which He may well, it comes down to the plan of salvation for each soul.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a difficult question. My instincts say No, it is not right to do this. But if God says it is right, which He may well, it comes down to the plan of salvation for each soul.

Thank you for the response.

I think this may be one of the places where your two faiths differ. In Christianity, at least true Biblical Christianity, the teaching is that those who live by the sword shall die by the sword, and that the Christian must not return evil for evil. But in Islam the taking of human life for the furtherance and/ or protection of the religion is acceptable. Among some it is even applauded and praised.

Now I understand the seriousness of religion, so I don't say that with a judgmental spirit. But to me it is at the heart of the difference between the two faiths. There are many good aspects to Islam, especially the moral teachings. I find many Muslims to be very considerate people, more so than most Christians, which is a shame to believers in Christ in my time. But the focus of Biblical Christianity is on the kingdom to come, whereas the focus of Islam is more on making the kingdom a reality now. In Christianity, it is a focus on the things of the Spirit, and in Islam (without wanting or trying to be insulting) it is more a focus on the things of the flesh.

I'm guessing Christianity appeals to you for its moral aspects, which bear strong resemblances to Islam in some respects. But have you ever attended a Christian service where the Holy Spirit was poured out, and you experienced the supernatural power of God?

Welcome again to the forum, and nice having a discussion with you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I believe that the statement you are making here is that the Islamic Religion is not mentioned in the scriptures.

The truth of the matter is that it is mention through a reference to a particular people group.

The verse Genesis 15:16 tells us that the Amorites' iniquities against the God of Abraham will not yet be complete when some of Abraham's descendants return to the land of Canaan in their own strength, in the fourth Age of their existence, some 4,000 or so years after the birth of Isaac.

Much reflection on the scriptures, is needed to come to the above conclusion of the above verse.

Shalom

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians misunderstand who Ismael is and have a deep-seated distrust of all spirituality they do not recognize.
This is called immaturity.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians misunderstand who Ismael is and have a deep-seated distrust of all spirituality they do not recognize.
This is called immaturity.
Consider here the concern of both Abraham and God for Ishmael:

"And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.
Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.
And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.
And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.
And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs.
And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept.
And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is.
Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation." Gen 21:9-18

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians and Muslims are constantly at war with one another. Why does God do this to His peoples?
Why do you blame God for what Satan did? Satan created Islam in order to attack the Gospel, and that is quite evident when you read the Koran. So if you are a crypto-Muslim, it means that you know neither the Gospel nor the Koran.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians misunderstand who Ismael is and have a deep-seated distrust of all spirituality they do not recognize. This is called immaturity.
And this remark is total nonsense. Ishmael is the ancestor of the Arabs, and the Arabs are all Muslims. Should Christians reject the Koran and its misrepresentation of the Bible and the Gospel? Absolutely. The Koran is a direct attack on the Gospel and Christ.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Consider here the concern of both Abraham and God for Ishmael:

"And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.
Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.
And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.
And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.
And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs.
And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept.
And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is.
Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation." Gen 21:9-18
I guess we all start off as babies.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi all,
Hi.
Welcome to Christianity Board.
A place, I have found, where sinners like you and I who have found refuge in Isa Messiah are accepted into God's family as co-heirs of salvation.
Where we are free to be who God created us to be. :)

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And this remark is total nonsense. Ishmael is the ancestor of the Arabs, and the Arabs are all Muslims. Should Christians reject the Koran and its misrepresentation of the Bible and the Gospel? Absolutely. The Koran is a direct attack on the Gospel and Christ.
upload_2021-1-9_20-18-35.png

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The multi-dimensional aspect of God's word continues to surprise me!
What an awesome God we serve!

Reactions: Nancy