Why are Catholics so bad?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Why are Catholics bad? Everyone says they are, but I see no logical or scriptural reasoning behind it. Give me some instead of just saying that there a cult or something.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is seven churches in which the Catholic church is one of them...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic
2. Smyrna - Martyrs
3. Pergomos - Orthodox
4. Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel as to control and to dominate
5. Sardis - Protestant - A true Sardisean hates Catholics, speaking in tongues, and Joel Osteen! :(
6. Philadelphia - Methodist / Pentecostal - Revived church... Well in and out of revival!
7. Laodicea - Charismatic / Word of Faith

As the Lord only knows the true geography.

I personally like the way Catholics do mass and the people seem to be a more disciplined and interesting bunch. The things I don't care for are the doctrines such as apostolic succession, I also don't pray to the saints or the Holy Mother Mary. Hammerstone (righteousely so I think) typically does not like excessive denominational posts. So the people most likely to Catholic bash most probably ended up banned here.
https://www.youtube....h?v=LXO8Y0vvWT0

Reactions: IanLC

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Right, we should be interested in staying with what God's Word declares, and not debates about denominations. Staying in God's Word as written will reveal if a denomination is aligned with God's Word or not.

Reactions: Groundzero

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
A lot of them are idiots and they don't even know their own religion and the thing is people like to focus on that type. just like the atheist like to bag Christianity and focus on what they can drum up, as it works a treat to simpletons and the ignorant.
The whole thing is like an enigma. arguing to and throw, but that's the way you can learn if you have an open mind and seek truth.
Some want you to see the Bible in one light as they can't or are happy with that and can't move beyond that getting belligerent and puffed up refusing to look into things in depth because they think they know it all. and maybe they don't want to end up with a inferiority complex or admit they were wrong.
Some people like to think that they have arrived and that's it. but i think we all can learn our whole life and it does not matter if you were a christian your whole life even at 100 years of age you would still be learning.

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
Why are Catholics bad? Everyone says they are, but I see no logical or scriptural reasoning behind it.

Catholics are not all bad. There are Protestants belonging to fringe hatred groups who teach that all Catholics are evil. They believe that the Catholic Church is the great harlot, and that the pope is the Antichrist. This thinking originates from war mongering haters who call themselves Christians, but who lived false to its power.

Seventh Day Adventists promote this hatred, as do the Jehovah’s Witnesses. It originated by Protestants who spread false teachings about Catholics because the political leaders coveted the power of the Catholic Church. John Calvin, for instance, wrote 2 books on Systematic Theology, and over 80 books on a replacement government of the Catholic Church. His views were politically motivated, and those who were less informed simply went along with this agenda out of ignorance.

Seventh Day Adventists do this for the same reason Jehovah’s Witnesses do it… there is big money in hatred! They both claim that the bible teaches this, but they are both wrong. People who have hatred in their hearts gravitate toward these teachings. It makes them feel that God approves of their hatred. The JW’s and SDA’s groups also know how to make a lot of noise. Be careful of the Christian haters and baiters. Christians need to avoid such a gospel of hatred. The first Christians did not even speak with such hatred against the Pharisees. Jesus alone spoke to them with contempt, and this was a parable which was prophetic against Pharisees in the Church... ironically, these very groups!

God Bless
Steve

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

On Christian unity: Why can't we just all agree on the same errors? ;)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with Veteran on this topic. Catholics that cannot look past their own doctrine and recognize Christ in their brothers and sisters in Christ who are not members of the RC, really need to search their hearts and put aside their differences. So often, doctrine creates division between believers - it is not right.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I agree with Veteran on this topic. Catholics that cannot look past their own doctrine and recognize Christ in their brothers and sisters in Christ who are not members of the RC, really need to search their hearts and put aside their differences. So often, doctrine creates division between believers - it is not right.

Wow, aspen, that is refreshing! Until now I have never heard anyone (online) who claims to be Catholic say anything so vitally important and true as this. Thank you.

http://youtu.be/0sGTxdyhzMk

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why are Catholics bad? Everyone says they are, but I see no logical or scriptural reasoning behind it. Give me some instead of just saying that there a cult or something.

BAD?

By 'bad' I assume you mean licentious.

The affliction is not restricted to Roman Catholics. It pervades Protestantism to a much greater degree.

The root of the problem is the belief that one has his golden ticket to heaven, as well as God's automatic favor, in his back pocket. This spiritual reservation no longer depends upon being good. It depends upon membership only; what Calvin referred to as election.

Calvin's election isn't the same thing as the election mentioned in the Bible. (I can just imagine the flurry of objections I'll get on this assertion.) While it may be so in theory or in polite theological discussion, it does not manifest itself in practice. In short, we don't see it. Anywhere. Christians act badly because they feel they have a right to do so.

What we DO see is Christians of both Catholic and Protestant persuasions assuming the attitude that membership is license to sin.

Theoretically it isn't, but as the leading post in this thread points out IT IS BAD out there. Shall we continue to argue in theory, bantering passages about to support our private golden ticket, or shall we recognize the reality of the issue?

We shall see.

pegasus1982

Mar 22, 2012

I was borned and raised as a catholic, but i stopped believing in the dogmas at a young age.

One of those teachings i rejected was exactly this, because to me the idea of Jesus punishing those that didn't believe that the pope was infallible was impossible to believe.

But now, at the same time, i also have problem to believe that good people that never heard of Jesus, or that follow other religions, are going to hell for this reason. Honestly i am not even so sure what Hell means.

So i' m starting to question that the faith in Jesus as your savior matters, but what it matters maybe to follow the law Jesus gave to us: Love God, Love the Others. Maybe Jesus can save you if you love others, even if you never reader the gospels and called him savior.

I want to make clear that i'm not trying to fund a church or teach something. the truth is i'm just confused .

BAD?

By 'bad' I assume you mean licentious.

The affliction is not restricted to Roman Catholics. It pervades Protestantism to a much greater degree.

The root of the problem is the belief that one has his golden ticket to heaven, as well as God's automatic favor, in his back pocket. This spiritual reservation no longer depends upon being good. It depends upon membership only; what Calvin referred to as election.

Calvin's election isn't the same thing as the election mentioned in the Bible. (I can just imagine the flurry of objections I'll get on this assertion.) While it may be so in theory or in polite theological discussion, it does not manifest itself in practice. In short, we don't see it. Anywhere. Christians act badly because they feel they have a right to do so.

What we DO see is Christians of both Catholic and Protestant persuasions assuming the attitude that membership is license to sin.

Theoretically it isn't, but as the leading post in this thread points out IT IS BAD out there. Shall we continue to argue in theory, bantering passages about to support our private golden ticket, or shall we recognize the reality of the issue?

We shall see.

You are right , many catholics believe that you can sin seven days at the week, then you confess, say three paternoster and everything is fine.

Personally i don't know if god will forgive my sins or not, i hope and pray he will, and i hope and pray he helps me to do less sins.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a former Catholic, my major concern is where Catholicism conflicts with the Word of God. And the conflicts are numerous:

CATHOLIC SCRIPTURAL CONFLICTS / FALLICIES

1. Exclusive Salvation by Traditionalist Catholics (all Protestants are heretics)
2. Idolatry - Veneration of statues, relics and images (an ancient Elcasaite-Jewish tradition which permitted the worship of idols to escape persecution, provided the act was merely an external one, disavowed in the heart.)
3. Church traditions taking precedence over Bible as God's Word
4. Extremely few Bible-carrying/reading Catholics Homosexual / Pedophile priests & cover-up by bishops or re-assignment of offenders to another parish
5. Rapes and abuse of young nuns in convent
6. Magdalene laundries - Forced slavery of women
7. Rosary Beads/ canned repetitive prayer Mat_6:7
8. Canonization of dead saints
9. Regular Church attendance = Salvation (by works)
10. Prayer for the dead
11. Indulgences
12. Purgatory
13. Transubstantiation of the Eucharist
14. Worship of the Sacremental Host
15. Mary worship (Mother of God) Luk_11:27-28
16. (Ever) Virgin Mary Mat_1:25 Mar_6:1-4, Mat_12:46-50, Joh_7:3
17. Immaculate Conception
18. Assumption of Mary
19. Intercessory prayer and veneration of Mary 1Ti_2:5
20. Intercessory prayer by hundreds of dead saints 1Ti_2:5
21. Pagan ceremony & traditions incorporated (Holy days => "Holidays") Sabbath, Easter, Christmas
22. Latin Mass -The Word of God forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue 1Co_14:9
23. Yarmulkes, vestments, backwards collars for clergy
24. Women no longer wearing veils
25. Forbidding to marry priests / celibacy 1Ti_3:2,5,12; 1Ti_4:3 Mat_8:14-15, Peter was married
26. Infallibility of the Pope (whose office is never mentioned in the Bible)
27. Pope as "Holy Father"
28. Priests called "Father" - Mat_23:8-10
29. Instituing the wrong Sabbath day
30. Religion of many ignorant and compliant masses (synchronous genuflectors)
31. Lukewarm congregations / half-hearted praise
32. Systematic mass indoctrination of the youth to sacraments
33. Ritualized OT style priesthood
34. Confessions to priests / penance
35. Sprinkling infant baptism
36. Reliance on apparitions from children
37. Veneration of bleeding statues, "sacred" oil spills and food formations resembling Christ/Mary
38. Boring repitive masses w/ two glossed over scriptures, lackluster singing/praise
39. Ruthless Inquistions, Persecutions of Protestants - Foxes Book of Martyrs
40. Sequestering the Word of God and persecuting Bible translators into the common tongues
41. Birth control stance in Third World countries
42. Obeisiance to Idols, Statues, Relics - Deu_12:3
43. Peter "first Pope", No mention in the scriptures or historical records of Peter ever going to Rome
44. Monastery & convents - cloistered existence of monks / nuns
45. Catechism & Missals instead of Bible (canned faith statements)
46. Paucity of priests - no inspiration to serve Church
47. Worshipping false apparitions
48. Kissing the Pope's ring & feet
49. Salvation by works, church attendance & sacraments
50. Crucifix & scapulas worn as charms or fashion statements
51. Burying St. Joseph's idols to sell real estate
52. Holy water, incense, candle lighting
53. Mafia - Roman Catholic connection
54. 501(c)(3) tax exemption
55. Imprimatur and censorship of acceptable literature
56. Infallible papal ex cathedra pronouncements
57. The Catholic Charities organization is a conduit and protector of illegal Mexican immigrants and also Black Africans, into this country who resist assimulation as Americans and are loyal only to their (Muslim/Catholic) Church and native culture.
58. Jews infiltrating Catholic Church heirarchy
59. Militant Jesuits, Leftist South American/Mexican priests
60. Voodoo condoned in African Catholic churches
61. Richest of the world's religions yet many parishes are closing
62. Bingo & raffles instead of Christian fellowship
63. Failure of papal decree prayer for Russia for promise of World Peace
64. Failure to recognize that there were variances of doctrine & worship practices in early church
65. Papal apologies to Jews
66. No meat (only fish) on Fridays
67. Tonsure of monks, priests & nuns
68. Veneration of dead saints
69. Ordained Priesthood of all believers - 1Pe_2:5, 1Pe_2:9
70. "Mother Church"
72. Self-flagellation and mock crucifixation displays
73. Crucifix displaying Christ forever on the cross
74. Corrupt immoral popes (Anti-popes since 1958)
75. Sanctioning inter-racial marriage
76. Apocryphal books incorporated into the Bible
77. Lighting of candles for prayer requests
78. Confession of sins to priests and prayer penance

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Protestants are Catholics James.
And there is no such thing as a Christian that is not a Catholic.
All this shows is only someone has a lot to learn James as this rubbish just goes to show just a skimming over the top of things with no depth at all, not to mention you have said some things more then once.
Not even all RC are exactly the same.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants are Catholics James.
And there is no such thing as a Christian that is not a Catholic.
All this shows is only someone has a lot to learn James as this rubbish just goes to show just a skimming over the top of things with no depth at all, not to mention you have said some things more then once.
Not even all RC are exactly the same.

That's a fairly inept defense, Mr. Rosenberger. All based upon a word game, i.e., Catholic = Universal. Yes, 'Catholic' does have a connotation of being 'universal' but no one is fooled by your semantic juggling. No where did I claim that 'all RC are the same' and my list was intentionally a brief synoposis of the Roman Catholic Churches doctrinal fallacies. There's little doubt that Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are heretical cults but I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a similar list that's half as long as the Roman Catholic's.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
As a former Catholic, my major concern is where Catholicism conflicts with the Word of God. And the conflicts are numerous:

CATHOLIC SCRIPTURAL CONFLICTS / FALLICIES

displays
73. Crucifix displaying Christ forever on the cross
74. Corrupt immoral popes (Anti-popes since 1958)
75. Sanctioning inter-racial marriage
76. Apocryphal books incorporated into the Bible
77. Lighting of candles for prayer requests
78. Confession of sins to priests and prayer penance

What? Why is this a bad thing?

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? Why is this a bad thing?

The topic of miscegenation (race-mixing) is not germane to this thread. However, here are a few scriptures to study at your leisure:

MISCEGENATION --Nave's Topics
Forbidden by Abraham. Gen_24:3
Forbidden by Jacob. Gen_28:1
Forbidden by Moses. Exo_34:12-16; Deu_7:3-4 Deu_23:2
Forbidden by Joshua. Jos_23:12
Reasons for prohibition. Exo_34:16;Deu_7:4; Jos_23:12-13
Results of. Jdg_3:6-7
Instances of.
Moses. Num_12:1
Esau. Gen_26:34-35
Israel. Num_25:1; Num_25:6-8; Jdg_3:5-8

Cain, who was "of that wicked one" 1Jo_3:12 after the murder of his righteous brother Abel, may well have been the first to practice miscegenation as he fled to the land of Nod east of Eden. Gen_4:16 Jud_1:11

Ishmael - The rebellious son of Abraham and father of the Arab nations which still plague the Israelites.

Judah 1Ch_2:3-4 Er and Onan were evil sons born from a Caanitess.

God's law is that every seed shall produce after his kind. (Gen_1:11)

We have God's Creation of nature as our example. The bluebirds do not nest with the blackbirds nor does the cheetah lie with the hynena. Instinctively, mankind puts a great price on acquiring pure-bred animals of every stripe (prized horses, cattle, dogs, cats etc.) and intuitively understand the special value of these carefully selected, time honored breeds (while at the same time shunning the mixed-breed mutts as inferior). Yet this discriminating genetic taste is often completely ignored or considered somehow inconsequential when choosing our own mates and offspring.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
No, but, Poodles breed with Schnauzers, Schnauzers breed with Labradors..............

I'm sorry you think that way.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because a dog in heat will mate with just about anything that moves does not mean that we should emulate their behavior.

I'm sorry that you think that way.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Because a dog in heat will mate with just about anything that moves does not mean that we should emulate their behavior.

I'm sorry that you think that way.

That wasn't the point. There is nothing in those verses that forbids marrying outside of your race. The point of the dog breeds, is, a poodle is a dog, a labrador is a dog, same species different look.

Now, a White person is a human, an Asian person is a human, A black person is a human, etc etc.........

It's suspected that Abraham married an Ethiopian woman.

Even so, in the NT, there's no races in Christ.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't the point. There is nothing in those verses that forbids marrying outside of your race. The point of the dog breeds, is, a poodle is a dog, a labrador is a dog, same species different look.

Now, a White person is a human, an Asian person is a human, A black person is a human, etc etc.........

It's suspected that Abraham married an Ethiopian woman.

Even so, in the NT, there's no races in Christ.

--
The errors of Catholicism is the topic of this thread. If you'd like to discuss Miscegenation or Marrying outside one's race, start a new thread and I will respond to you in that thread.
--

Does anyone have any more responses to my rather extensive list of where Catholicism deviates from scripture? Anything I may have missed in that list would be greatly appreciated.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Some Catholics are not Christian, e.g Italian Mafia and many other Catholics. I just recently met a woman who told me she was Catholic, so I asked her if she attends Church weekly and reads her Bible, and she said she never attends Church and never reads her Bible.

But some Catholics are Christian.

The problem is not so much Catholics but rather Catholicism which is a corrupt teaching and false Church.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.