Why Are We Here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know why we were created,wanna know thoughts on here...

I guess because we aren't 'there' yet.
God is still working on us and getting us ready to fit perfectly 'there.' :)

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought's

to execute God's Judgement in His place in the earth that He has given to Adam that was to be son of God. and that Judgement that is God's is Life, but instead man executes judgement other than God which isn't life.

Jesus the Son of God executed God's Judgement in the earth in the world, who is the Beloved Son of God.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
to execute God's Judgement in His place in the earth that He has given to Adam that was to be son of God. and that Judgement that is God's is Life, but instead man executes judgement other than God which isn't life.

Jesus the Son of God executed God's Judgement in the earth in the world, who is the Beloved Son of God.

Why did He have to have a judgement,wasn't all He created good?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did He have to have a judgement,wasn't all He created good?

a most excellent question:

God declares all that He made as good, hence He is the judge of what is good, not man, especially in the context of what is good and evil.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

He is the Judge of what is good and evil for His creation and all the creatures in it, no exceptions. He is Righteous, Merciful and His Judgement is Life , and it would make sense that His creation respond to Him accordingly to His Judgments.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are here, but where is here? Where is God in relation to us? Is He not everywhere and therefore also here?

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." Prov 15:3

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Psalm 139:7-8

But...

"Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them." Psalm 115:4-8

He is here and we are here, but if we cannot speak or see or hear or smell or touch Him; if we have feet but do not walk to Him... what do we have? Consider:

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

But then again...

"Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day." Deut 29:4

Yes, He is here also, but what is it that we lack in order to perceive His presence?

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." Matt 13:16

Reactions: Helen and pia

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see us as the sons and stars,had satan not rebelled,we would not had been made flesh

So is it your belief that we were a part of the rebellion that got Satan and his angels booted out of heaven?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
So is it your belief that we were a part of the rebellion that got Satan and his angels booted out of heaven?

Guess you can say that however satan has yet to be cast out of heaven.

I'm not always articulate in what I want to say,put I believe what I post.
With that said here's what I believe to be true

To understand God's Word we must first understand why we are here on earth in the flesh in the first place.

There are Three World Ages written of in our Father's Word and we are now living in The Second World Age.

Why?

What is described in Revelation chapter 12 happened BETWEEN the first and second verses of Genesis.

"AND THERE APPEARED A GREAT WONDER IN HEAVEN; A WOMAN CLOTHED WITH THE SUN,

AND THE MOON UNDER HER FEET, AND UPON HER HEAD A CROWN OF TWELVE STARS:

AND AFTER BEING WITH CHILD CRIED, TRAVAILING IN BIRTH, AND PAINED TO BE DELIVERED.

AND THERE APPEARED ANOTHER WONDER IN HEAVEN;

AND BEHOLD, A GREAT RED DRAGON, HAVING SEVEN HEADS AND TEN HORNS,

AND SEVEN CROWNS UPON HIS HEADS. AND HIS TAIL DREW THE THIRD PART OF THE STARS OF HEAVEN,

AND DID CAST THEM TO THE EARTH:

AND THE DRAGON STOOD BEFORE THE WOMAN WHICH WAS READY TO BE DELIVERED,

FOR TO DEVOUR HER CHILD AS SOON AS IT WAS BORN."

Revelation 12:1-4

The Dragon is Satan, and the Stars of Heaven are God’s children. When Satan said in his heart,

"I WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN, I WILL EXALT MY THRONE ABOVE THE STARS OF GOD: I WILL SIT ALSO UPON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION, IN THE SIDES OF THE NORTH: I WILL ASCEND ABOVE THE HEIGHTS OF THE CLOUDS; I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH."

Satan deceived a third of God’s children into following him.

Needless to say, God was not happy about this AT ALL.

Jeremiah chapter 4, starting with verse 23, tells us how God reacted:

"I BEHELD THE EARTH, AND LO, IT WAS WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID; AND THE HEAVENS, AND THEY HAD NO LIGHT. I BEHELD THE MOUNTAINS, AND, LO, THEY TREMBLED, AND ALL THE HILLS MOVED LIGHTLY. I BEHELD, AND, LO, THERE WAS NO MAN, AND ALL THE BIRDS OF THE HEAVENS WERE FLED. I BEHELD, AND, LO, THE FRUITFUL PLACE WAS A WILDERNESS, AND ALL THE CITIES THEREOF WERE BROKEN DOWN AT THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD, AND BY HIS FIERCE ANGER. FOR THUS HATH THE LORD SAID, THE WHOLE LAND SHALL BE DESOLATE; YET WILL I NOT MAKE A FULL END."

About 12 million years ago, a volcano in southwest Idaho spread a blanket of ash over a very large area. One or two feet of this powdered glass covered the flat savannah-like grasslands of northeastern Nebraska. Most of the animals which lived here survived the actual ashfall, but as they continued to graze on the ash covered grasses, their lungs began to fill up with the abrasive powder. Soon their lungs became severely damaged and they began to die. The smaller animals died first (smaller lung capacities) and finally, after perhaps three to five weeks, the last of the rhinos perished.Their bodies were quickly covered by the blowing and drifting ash. Undisturbed except by an occasional scavenging meat-eater, the skeletons of these animals are preserved in their death positions, complete with evidence of their last meals in their mouths and stomachs and their last steps preserved in the sandstone below." (Ashfall Fossil Beds State Historical Park, Nebraska)

God destroyed "THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS" because of Satan’s rebellion. This is how Satan became the son of perdition. You can read about how he received the death sentence in the 28th chapter of Ezekiel. The reason behind creating "THE HEAVENS AND EARTH WHICH ARE NOW" and causing each soul to be born of woman IS: The only alternative God had was killing a third of His children for worshiping Satan. What would YOU do? And, not only did God include Himself when He said "LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE",

and was born of woman also, but died on the cross at the hands of His own creation so that

"WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE."

The word "everlasting" is "aionos" in the Greek, and means"perpetual(also used of past time,

or past and future as well):-eternal, for ever, everlasting, world(began).-Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance)".

It means, if you believe in Jesus Christ, YOU, who never ceased existing from the day you were created,

will continue to exist throughout eternity, rather than being blotted out, which is what it is to"perish".

Whosoever believes in Christ will not be cast into the lake of fire at the end of the millennium.

Getting back to Genesis, the second verse reads:

"AND THE EARTH WAS WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID; AND DARKNESS WAS UPON THE FACE OF THE DEEP."

The word "was" here is a bad translation. If you go back and check it out in the original Hebrew language,

you can see for yourself that it reads "AND THE EARTH BECAME WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID."

This is what is being spoken of in 2 Peter 3:6:

"WHEREBY THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS, BEING OVERFLOWED WITH WATER, PERISHED."

Whenever you see the words "BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD" in God’s Word,

it is always in reference to "THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS".Same planet, different age.

The word "FOUNDATION" is translated from the Greek verb for "THE OVERTHROW".

When Satan rebelled, there were some who stood against him. They will stand against him again.

"BLESSED BE THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,

WHO HATH BLESSED US WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST:

ACCORDING AS HE HATH CHOSEN US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD,

THAT WE SHOULD BE HOLY AND WITHOUT BLAME BEFORE HIM IN LOVE:

HAVING PREDESTINATED US UNTO THE ADOPTION OF CHILDREN BY JESUS CHRIST TO HIMSELF,

ACCORDING TO THE GOOD PLEASURE OF HIS WILL."

Reactions: bbyrd009

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess you can say that however satan has yet to be cast out of heaven.

I'm not always articulate in what I want to say,put I believe what I post.
With that said here's what I believe to be true

To understand God's Word we must first understand why we are here on earth in the flesh in the first place.

There are Three World Ages written of in our Father's Word and we are now living in The Second World Age.

Why?

What is described in Revelation chapter 12 happened BETWEEN the first and second verses of Genesis.

"AND THERE APPEARED A GREAT WONDER IN HEAVEN; A WOMAN CLOTHED WITH THE SUN,

AND THE MOON UNDER HER FEET, AND UPON HER HEAD A CROWN OF TWELVE STARS:

AND AFTER BEING WITH CHILD CRIED, TRAVAILING IN BIRTH, AND PAINED TO BE DELIVERED.

AND THERE APPEARED ANOTHER WONDER IN HEAVEN;

AND BEHOLD, A GREAT RED DRAGON, HAVING SEVEN HEADS AND TEN HORNS,

AND SEVEN CROWNS UPON HIS HEADS. AND HIS TAIL DREW THE THIRD PART OF THE STARS OF HEAVEN,

AND DID CAST THEM TO THE EARTH:

AND THE DRAGON STOOD BEFORE THE WOMAN WHICH WAS READY TO BE DELIVERED,

FOR TO DEVOUR HER CHILD AS SOON AS IT WAS BORN."

Revelation 12:1-4

The Dragon is Satan, and the Stars of Heaven are God’s children. When Satan said in his heart,

"I WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN, I WILL EXALT MY THRONE ABOVE THE STARS OF GOD: I WILL SIT ALSO UPON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION, IN THE SIDES OF THE NORTH: I WILL ASCEND ABOVE THE HEIGHTS OF THE CLOUDS; I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH."

Satan deceived a third of God’s children into following him.

Needless to say, God was not happy about this AT ALL.

Jeremiah chapter 4, starting with verse 23, tells us how God reacted:

"I BEHELD THE EARTH, AND LO, IT WAS WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID; AND THE HEAVENS, AND THEY HAD NO LIGHT. I BEHELD THE MOUNTAINS, AND, LO, THEY TREMBLED, AND ALL THE HILLS MOVED LIGHTLY. I BEHELD, AND, LO, THERE WAS NO MAN, AND ALL THE BIRDS OF THE HEAVENS WERE FLED. I BEHELD, AND, LO, THE FRUITFUL PLACE WAS A WILDERNESS, AND ALL THE CITIES THEREOF WERE BROKEN DOWN AT THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD, AND BY HIS FIERCE ANGER. FOR THUS HATH THE LORD SAID, THE WHOLE LAND SHALL BE DESOLATE; YET WILL I NOT MAKE A FULL END."

About 12 million years ago, a volcano in southwest Idaho spread a blanket of ash over a very large area. One or two feet of this powdered glass covered the flat savannah-like grasslands of northeastern Nebraska. Most of the animals which lived here survived the actual ashfall, but as they continued to graze on the ash covered grasses, their lungs began to fill up with the abrasive powder. Soon their lungs became severely damaged and they began to die. The smaller animals died first (smaller lung capacities) and finally, after perhaps three to five weeks, the last of the rhinos perished.Their bodies were quickly covered by the blowing and drifting ash. Undisturbed except by an occasional scavenging meat-eater, the skeletons of these animals are preserved in their death positions, complete with evidence of their last meals in their mouths and stomachs and their last steps preserved in the sandstone below." (Ashfall Fossil Beds State Historical Park, Nebraska)

God destroyed "THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS" because of Satan’s rebellion. This is how Satan became the son of perdition. You can read about how he received the death sentence in the 28th chapter of Ezekiel. The reason behind creating "THE HEAVENS AND EARTH WHICH ARE NOW" and causing each soul to be born of woman IS: The only alternative God had was killing a third of His children for worshiping Satan. What would YOU do? And, not only did God include Himself when He said "LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE",

and was born of woman also, but died on the cross at the hands of His own creation so that

"WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE."

The word "everlasting" is "aionos" in the Greek, and means"perpetual(also used of past time,

or past and future as well):-eternal, for ever, everlasting, world(began).-Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance)".

It means, if you believe in Jesus Christ, YOU, who never ceased existing from the day you were created,

will continue to exist throughout eternity, rather than being blotted out, which is what it is to"perish".

Whosoever believes in Christ will not be cast into the lake of fire at the end of the millennium.

Getting back to Genesis, the second verse reads:

"AND THE EARTH WAS WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID; AND DARKNESS WAS UPON THE FACE OF THE DEEP."

The word "was" here is a bad translation. If you go back and check it out in the original Hebrew language,

you can see for yourself that it reads "AND THE EARTH BECAME WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID."

This is what is being spoken of in 2 Peter 3:6:

"WHEREBY THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS, BEING OVERFLOWED WITH WATER, PERISHED."

Whenever you see the words "BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD" in God’s Word,

it is always in reference to "THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS".Same planet, different age.

The word "FOUNDATION" is translated from the Greek verb for "THE OVERTHROW".

When Satan rebelled, there were some who stood against him. They will stand against him again.

"BLESSED BE THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,

WHO HATH BLESSED US WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST:

ACCORDING AS HE HATH CHOSEN US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD,

THAT WE SHOULD BE HOLY AND WITHOUT BLAME BEFORE HIM IN LOVE:

HAVING PREDESTINATED US UNTO THE ADOPTION OF CHILDREN BY JESUS CHRIST TO HIMSELF,

ACCORDING TO THE GOOD PLEASURE OF HIS WILL."

Would you mind providing a link to the writings in your post?

Thanks...

Reactions: Helen