Why are you a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you decide to become a Christian?
What persuaded you? Fear of Hell? Pursuit of Love? Because God told you to?
Did the Bible lead you to God?

Also, what is the point of being Christian?

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you decide to become a Christian?
What persuaded you? Fear of Hell? Pursuit of Love? Because God told you to?
Did the Bible you to God?
For me: it's about following Christ, and that relationship. He is the rock that lifted/lifts me up from depths of despair, and with whom I celebrate.

Side note: fear-mongrulingg / threats of Hell are.... extremely ineffective method of conviction for me.
Also, what is the point of being Christian?
Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. And secondly, love thy neighbour as thyself.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had given up trying to be a Christian. I could hear on sunday the most challenging and motivational surmon that ticked all the boxes, answered all my questions but I wasn't a Christian and by the end of monday knew I'd failed to live as a Christian.
I'd stopped trying and went as a habit.
One sermon woke me out of my doze.
If Christ is not risen we are still in our sins' 1cor15:14
Changed everything. I knew when I walked out that Jesus had died for me, he had taken my sins and rised to prove he had done it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Originally, I became a Christian because I became convinced the Bible was a true book, and it said I had to obey Jesus.

Now, I am a Christian because it's this kind of love relationship that my Father created me for.

Much love!

Reactions: aspen and Willie T

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
coz its the proper way 2 live and God has called me 2 it, without Christianity all a person has is sin and death and separation from God.

Reactions: aspen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply wanted to know the Truth...no matter what. He brought me to my knees! And, shouldn't burning in Hell concern well, anybody? Learning how to Love God was kind of a disconnect for me as, I was never close with my own father. I am still trying to grasp the love He has for me! Once I finally understood what "faith" really meant, everything fell into place. When first starting to attend services 29 years ago...it was going through the motions and waiting to see if God would take away the things I put value in...He did not, even though I knew He would not have approved how I lived my life. It wouldn't come for another 15 or so years, when I suddenly realized He DID answer my prayers...I was not asking Him the correct questions. Bottom line is that He said "my grace is sufficient for you". Then, once I got a good grasp on the things God DID approve of, every one of my prayers have been answered, ALL of them! It still amazes me, each time when He moves.
Ah, the point of being a Christian...gonna just say here that I believe we were all created to have fellowship with God but, as He cannot abide sin - He made the way for us to NOT live a debauched life, and it is so good to NOT have the urge to return to the mud pile. :)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because my Mother sent me to the Catholic School and to Mass.

And ,,, then in my 50's I got saved and went to a bible church !

And started to learn a lot , and read the bible !

Reactions: amadeus and aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks everyone - interesting posts!

You all have interesting stories to tell - this thread is turning into a testimony thread - not sure if it needs to be moved. BTW I love testimonies so please continue adding information

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Christian because I was called by God at a young age. It took me years and years to learn what a Christian is and where God wanted me to be. Some have told me that I have had a hard life, but when I have spent time thinking back on my history, there have been so many mountaintop experiences and well placed oasis’, I have been able to survive and learn to practice my sanctification by loving as many people as God puts in front of me.

Five years ago, In deep prayer, God told me that my life was going to get harder - and He was not joking around! But He also told me that He has been with me my whole life and that everything was going to be ok. That time with God has changed my life - my ennui has been quenched.

So now, I am in pursuit of God and He is in pursuit of me - it has been like a game of tag, which ends in daily prayer before starting all over again.

Reactions: amadeus

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was always seeking from as earliest as I can remember, I would drive my mum up the wall asking why this why that.
I just had blind faith for the most part that other Christians must of knew what they were on about and I can across some people who were truly devout and it's not about blind faith but the substance that is the faith can be understood.

I would seek and knock on this subject all the time because I knew it was a worthy subject.

It was much like the parable of the weeds = the world trying to choke what faith you had, but I had strong faith and it was always tested and then one day, it just clicked who Jesus Christ truly was in fact and bingo the lights went on and once that happens your his as no one can snatch you out of his hand. it's real faith it's self 100% God given. what a blessing ! I am so glad. one can not beat this.
It's the Hammer time ! Song ? MC Hammer you can't touch this ! Why would I ever stop doing this, it's Hammer yo ! Hammer no ! Hammer go !;)

Reactions: amadeus