Why are you here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am interested to hear why you have decided to post here. Some have been clear about why they have decided to contribute to this board - Bread of Life is here to challenge his perceived misconceptions about the Catholic Church (NOT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IDIOTS); meanwhile, Helen is here primarily for the fellowship. I am here to clarify my own beliefs in the moment and to have a record of change over time. So, why are you here?

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

I am here for a number of reasons, but intitially I came because I was invited to join the forum by another member. I am not always as active as others, and I pick and choose where I post. I like to get other people's views on subjects, scripture , experiences, but also want to share my thoughts and views I have actually made quite a few friends here now, and we pray for one another.
I may be miles and miles away from many people here, but it's a meeting place , where I can catch my breathe and talk things through X
Rita

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am here for a number of reasons, but intitially I came because I was invited to join the forum by another member. I am not always as active as others, and I pick and choose where I post. I like to get other people's views on subjects, scripture , experiences, but also want to share my thoughts and views I have actually made quite a few friends here now, and we pray for one another.
I may be miles and miles away from many people here, but it's a meeting place , where I can catch my breathe and talk things through X
Rita

Well, I am glad you decided to respond to this thread - I have experienced a lot of the reasons you listed, as well

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm here because my work is really slow.

And so long as I'm to man the phone, I'm stuck at this computer. Manning the phone is dreadfully important for this tiny little company.

And so long as I have all this time, nothing better to do than to share with the saints of God!

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I spend a lot of time in the word and in meditation. So the forum breaks things up during the day in order to stimulate my seeking, share some of the more understandable things I have received, and to challenge me in my having patience with others.

I look for spiritual moments with people. I'm here to edify and encourage...and if necessary point out those things that are not life giving that many have adopted as doctrines. Hopefully all of the above in love.:)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am interested to hear why you have decided to post here. Some have be clear about why they have decided to contribute to this board - Bread of Life is here to challenge his perceived misconceptions about the Catholic Church (NOT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IDIOTS); meanwhile, Helen is here primarily for the fellowship. I am here to clarify my own beliefs in the moment and to have a record of change over time. So, why are you here?

I too, like Helen am here for fellowship, learning about others views and, it gets me into scripture :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

BTW Rita, your Avatar is cute :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree @aspen I came here some years ago to have fellowship with other Christians. Being that I now have more road behind me, and much less in front of me...I have time on my hands and spending it with online christians is a good way.
I like that the posts here 'make me think', make me check things, make me remember studies I did years back, and during reading many posts we also get to read a number of scripture verses per day.
All good for the old grey cells. :)

Like someone else said...I have made some good on-line 'friends' over the years..the most long standing one being @amadeus , I first met him in about '98 , '99 on a Site that has long gone now.... so we we are going on 20 yrs now.

Someone the other day mentioned that I was somewhat of a touchy/feely person...which I guess I am. I like the get to know the person behind the avatar. But I know this is often annoying to some people.
I think I probably get under @CoreIssue skin, because at times I poke him as I so want him to bend a bit and 'loosen up'. But he is one who stays hidden behind his 'name.' But, one day I may 'see' him smile. :)

Yes, I enjoy coming here. For the most part we have a good crowed on here.
It has been wonderful getting to know you all.

Good Thread Ron. Glad that you started it.
These kinds of thread show us much...most by those who don't post in them.
That tells us a lot about them!

Blessing on all....Helen

B

brakelite

From my blog....
Traffic can be hell. Distractions, speeding, intolerance, abuse, rudeness…and much more can make traveling from one place to another a nightmare. It can be frustrating, dangerous, confusing, fraught with near misses and worse, at times one can get lost, even never reaching the intended destination.

Which brings me to the ‘brakelite’. A bright warning light on the rear of the vehicles ahead that scream ‘hold-up’, ‘slow down’, or even ‘STOP’, but always when displayed it gives the following driver pause, and awakens one senses to seriously consider the way ahead. To evaluate the options, and choose wisely, hopefully, a safe line of travel, even if necessary in certain circumstances like a ‘detour’, turning around and going another way,.

‘Brakelite’ is the pseudonym I write under. For precisely the same reasons as described above. My hope is that as one reads my articles they will pause, consider their options, and choose wisely their way ahead. My hope and prayer is that all who read will safely arrive one day at the New Jerusalem, where we may meet by the grace of God and never more to worry over traffic jams.

God bless.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...Oh I forgot to say @aspen one of the most important reasons I am here,
..(or have been on any christian site over the years)...is to remind people of the vision of The Fathers 's Great Love.

Satan loves to present the image of God ( and so many, many christians do his bidding for him...on this site ) that God is harsh, hard, angry and just can't wait to judge His creation.

So I am here to remind people that Our Great Creator so loved the world, He became our saviour...and when Emanuel came to earth the message from Father was - Good news..."Peace on earth, good will toward man."

"...God is love."

If I , by being here, can dilute the judgementalism and constant references to sin and hell one tiny bit...then praise the Lord!

Like many others I was taught that "Jesus spoke more about hell than any other subject".
And, like many others , I just believed it... Why not, it came over the pulpit so must be true!

Then I did my own studies, not some other mans studies.

There are 1900 words , 60 verses mentioning hell, outer darkness etc.
Yet three times as much mention of heaven, eternal life, or the kingdom.

The Gospel is good news...but with many, one would never know it!

Our God Wins!

D

Dave L

I contribute to other forums but this is the best one by a long-shot. Jesus warns us about not investing what he has given us so I'm the little guy sharing in good faith what the Lord has shown me. In thanksgiving and sheer excitement that he would bless me as he has. I also appreciate the other posters to this forum whom I admire for their composure and loving attitudes even when we disagree. It is that resilience more than what people say that comes through where it really matters. In similar ways, how many times have the memories of two old baptists I knew also kept me in the faith when the world was going crazy around me.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey, I started life as a Baptist too :)

I'm here bc I go where I'm sent, and I just assume I'm either here to learn some truth (iow something that I will not like) or impart some, or both

Well said.
Im sure it is "both". The older I get, the more I find that so very very often the answer does not lay in 'either v or ' ...but in both.

( I didn't start as a Baptist as you and Dave did..I started as a Brethren. Good grounding and rooting for the time)

Bother...I just looked up as I typed that, and it is snowing heavily!
I thought spring was here!!! :(

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well said.
Im sure it is "both". The older I get, the more I find that so very very often the answer does not lay in 'either v or ' ...but in both.

( I didn't start as a baptist as you and Dave did..I started as a Brethren. Good grounding and rooting for the time)

Bother...I just looked up as I typed that, and it is snowing heavily!
I thought spring was here!!! :(
Hey, I'm in sunny s Florida, resort destination, trade ya!
Not kidding!
Pics of house on zillow :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I contribute to other forums but this is the best one by a long-shot. Jesus warns us about not investing what he has given us so I'm the little guy sharing in good faith what the Lord has shown me. In thanksgiving and sheer excitement that he would bless me as he has. I also appreciate the other posters to this forum whom I admire for their composure and loving attitudes even when we disagree. It is that resilience more than what people say that comes through where it really matters. In similar ways, how many times have the memories of two old baptists I knew also kept me in the faith when the world was going crazy around me.

Well , even though we don't agree on a few things...having you here makes this forum a better place. :)