Why can we dis Jesus but not the Holy Ghost?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matt 12:32,

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come.
Aren't they both supposedly God? Scripture references would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come.
Basically in context, The HS is who did the miracles thru Jesus. The problem is saying the Devil did them. The text is the only one I remember on this.

Job 2:3
And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It stands out that it is “whoever speaks against the Son of man it shall be forgiven”

John 10:36 do you say of Him, who the Father sanctified and sent into the world,
“You are blaspheming,” because I said, “I am the Son of God”?
If I do not do the works of My Father; do not believe Me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the Works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.

Whoever speaks against the Son of man it shall be forgiven
But whoever speaks against the Work of the Holy Spirit—this is My Son in whom I am well pleased, hear Him— “The Son of God” “that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father”
Whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven now or neither in that which is to come: Do you say of Him, who the Father sanctified and sent into the World(the works), “You blasphemy,” because I said, “I am the Son of God”?

after Jesus Christ said this to them
They seek again to seize him
And he eluded their grasp.

Last edited:

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think everyone on Earth has blasphemed Jesus. That is probably why, no one would be saved. If you think about it when people get frustrated they say “Jesus” or they say G— damn. Well most non Christians do. Isn’t it funny they don’t curse Bhudda or Allah or whatever, they curse using the real God’s name. They curse Jesus.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think everyone on Earth has blasphemed Jesus. That is probably why, no one would be saved. If you think about it when people get frustrated they say “Jesus” or they say G— damn. Well most non Christians do. Isn’t it funny they don’t curse Bhudda or Allah or whatever, they curse using the real God’s name. They curse Jesus.
Very astute observation. I never thought of that before, but you are absolutely right. I wonder why? Maybe Satan has something to do with it? I think so!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the Holy Spirit !
That's what it's all about !
If one does not have the Holy Spirit one will not truly know Christ Jesus in fact.
I had faith in Jesus but i did not truly fully know him until the Holy Spirit showed me who he truly was, The Christ Jesus in fact !

One who looks to Jesus, thinks that he was only a good man ! for they do not know that he is the Christ in fact !

Jesus disciples did not know that he was the Christ until he went to Heaven in fact, now they had faith that he was the one but they did not know 100% but when the Holy Spirit informed them then they knew he was the Christ Jesus in fact and then came Grace abiding in them.

Only Nathaniel was the one who said before hand that Jesus was the Christ and Jesus said what Nathaniel will see ! remember that ? Will see ! because he was worthy or Israel in fact ! a true Israelite in fact ! that's what Jesus called him, no one else did Jesus make such a claim.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 3
He who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"--

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

And see, I am sending upon you what my Father promised; so stay here in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high” (Luke 24:49 NRSV).

Here is it Jesus alone who is sending the Holy Spirit.

When the Counselor comes, the One I will send to you from the Father the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father–He will testify about Me. (John 15:26 HCSB).

Whom Does the Holy Spirit Proceed From? by Don Stewart

One does not proceed or send themselves.

Reactions: Rich R

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus is the Holy Spirit !
That's what it's all about !
If one does not have the Holy Spirit one will not truly know Christ Jesus in fact.
I had faith in Jesus but i did not truly fully know him until the Holy Spirit showed me who he truly was, The Christ Jesus in fact !

One who looks to Jesus, thinks that he was only a good man ! for they do not know that he is the Christ in fact !

Jesus disciples did not know that he was the Christ until he went to Heaven in fact, now they had faith that he was the one but they did not know 100% but when the Holy Spirit informed them then they knew he was the Christ Jesus in fact and then came Grace abiding in them.

Only Nathaniel was the one who said before hand that Jesus was the Christ and Jesus said what Nathaniel will see ! remember that ? Will see ! because he was worthy or Israel in fact ! a true Israelite in fact ! that's what Jesus called him, no one else did Jesus make such a claim.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, in one glorious God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, in one glorious God.
What verse says that? (Single verse please. Don't copy and paste a bunch, hoping something sticks to the wall.)

proxy-image

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit converts the unbeliever and is a witness to Christ. In this passage the Pharisees were attributing the healing power of God, the Holy Spirit - to Satan. Sinning against Jesus stills leaves open the power of God, the work of the Holy Spirit to bring the person to repentance.
I think in life, one of our primary objectives is to learn how to discern good from evil. We grow in the knowledge of good and evil and then _ at a prepared moment in time _ we are put to the ultimate test, to make a decision for Christ. The Father draws us to Himself and we must decide: Is God, the Son _ good or evil? If we say He is evil, we obviously can't repent (turn towards Him).
The Pharisees said the miracles Jesus preformed were evil, from Satan, blaspheming the works of the Holy Spirit.
That was their moment of decision. Many who witnessed Christ believed when they saw evidence of God in him and many did not.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because by the time the Holy Spirit began to be sent, "It is finished."

In other words, when once the Holy Spirit has come to a person, the time of considering the good news of Christ, is over. During these times, it's take it or leave it. You can even spend the rest of your life himhawing about whether or not you believe the truth from God, but the moment the Messenger is convince your answer is No--He's done, and so are you. “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I was guilty of this - before I was sealed by the Holy Spirit. What can one make of this? :confused:
Speaking against the Holy Spirit in ignorance is not the same as doing it like the Jews who hated Jesus did. Jesus / God knows the difference.

Last edited: