WHY CHRISTIANS ARE STILL DYING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the RESURRECTION. Thus, the Body of Christ should be the Body of the Resurrection.
So why are christians still dying to beat-the-band?

The simple answer is Romans 8:13 -
"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live."

Reactions: Mayflower

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the RESURRECTION. Thus, the Body of Christ should be the Body of the Resurrection.

The simple answer is Romans 8:13 -
"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live."

When we are born again, it is our nature inside our body that goes from death to eternal life. It dies on the cross and is resurrected now. Our nature is our mind and desires Paul calls "the flesh." It is why if we are born again, it is because the Holy Spirit has come inside of us to kill the old nature, and create a whole new nature. Romans 8:9. Those who experience no change regarding the desire to sin have never been born again, and are only Christians in name only, but are NOT abiding in Christ and He in us. 1 John 3:24 We must truly repent before the Holy Spirit is given to us. And without the Spirit we do not belong to Christ.

Our body is separate from our nature. It must die also and be resurrected to eternal life. Romans 8:10.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are born again, it is our nature inside our body that goes from death to eternal life. It dies on the cross and is resurrected now. Our nature is our mind and desires Paul calls "the flesh." It is why if we are born again, it is because the Holy Spirit has come inside of us to kill the old nature, and create a whole new nature. Romans 8:9. Those who experience no change regarding the desire to sin have never been born again, and are only Christians in name only, but are NOT abiding in Christ and He in us. 1 John 3:24 We must truly repent before the Holy Spirit is given to us. And without the Spirit we do not belong to Christ.

Our body is separate from our nature. It must die also and be resurrected to eternal life. Romans 8:10.

You glossed passed Romans 8:13, like most all do, real quick.
Salvation is "spirit, SOUL AND BODY" - I Thess 5:23.

The carnal mind is death - Romans 8:6, and it excepts physical death.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, our body will be saved also, but not at the same time as our nature. It is in two stages. But if the first happens, the second will happen also. But if the first doesn't happen, neither will the second.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 12:1-2 talks about being transformed by the renewing of our minds. Paul was speaking to believers here, and it is a process.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone dies bodily. Are you planning to physically live forever? You'll be the first I guess?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are dying?

Jesus said, he who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, our body will be saved also, but not at the same time as our nature. It is in two stages. But if the first happens, the second will happen also. But if the first doesn't happen, neither will the second.

You're still avoiding Romans 8:13 (nullifying the word for the sake of your tradition) -
"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live." -

You can't escape it @CharismaticLady - Time to ascend into the spiritual Feast of Tabernacles.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are dying?

Jesus said, he who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe?

Much love!
The greek for "In" is 'eis', which means, 'Into' - you must believe INTO Jesus - it's called "going from glory to glory" - II Cor 3:18

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're still avoiding Romans 8:13 (nullifying the word for the sake of your tradition) -
"For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live." -

You can't escape it @CharismaticLady - Time to ascend into the spiritual Feast of Tabernacles.

Why don't you tell us what you believe happens when someone is born again. That is what that verse is about. Someone who is born again is born of the Spirit.

Don't get frustrated, just put it in your own words so we can discuss.

Reactions: soul man

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell us what you believe happens when someone is born again. That is what that verse is about. Someone who is born again is born of the Spirit.

Don't get frustrated, just put it in your own words so we can discuss.
Frustrated? No, this is all old hat to me. When a person is 'born-again' as you know it, their 'spirit' is renewed. That is 1/3 of being saved ,next is your Soul then Body, if your ascending in Jesus.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frustrated? No, this is all old hat to me. When a person is 'born-again' as you know it, their 'spirit' is renewed. That is 1/3 of being saved ,next is your Soul then Body, if your ascending in Jesus.

I can buy that.

First comes justification/sanctification of old sins - being born again of the Spirit who takes away our desire to sin. 1 John 3:5 and 9.

Then comes glorification that is a life-time process of the soul to grow and mature in the fruit of the Spirit - 2 Peter 1:5-7; Romans 8:29-30

Then comes the resurrection of the body

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another one - John 8:51
"Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

Please, someone tell me, 'That just means spiritual death'.

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can buy that.

First comes justification/sanctification of old sins - being born again of the Spirit who takes away our desire to sin. 1 John 3:5 and 9.

Then comes glorification that is a life-time process of the soul to grow and mature in the fruit of the Spirit - 2 Peter 1:5-7; Romans 8:29-30

Then comes the resurrection of the body

If you're not "living after the flesh" then you'll die and be taken to the morgue.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thief that died on the cross next to Jesus did not have time to renew the mind and act out his newfound faith. But Jesus Himself said, "Today, you will be with me in paradise." What would you say to this?

"But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
Luke 23:40‭-‬43 NASB1995

Even in His darkest hour, Christ ministered to someone. Go God!

Reactions: Nancy and marks

The Kreisel

Feb 9, 2021
Tahoe City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thief that died on the cross next to Jesus did not have time to renew the mind and act out his newfound faith. But Jesus Himself said, "Today, you will be with me in paradise." What would you say to this?

"But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
Luke 23:40‭-‬43 NASB1995

Even in His darkest hour, Christ ministered to someone. Go God!

Paradise exists now on Earth, if you enter it, the way into the Holiest is now open.