WHY CHRISTIANS DON'T ATTEND CHURCH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
I find it amazing at all the excuses people can come up with...why not to attend church....
and defend them as if they were not excuses.

Excuse= lie from adversary.
Obviously..if you be bedridden or hospitalized ya can't attend. :(

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
RANDOR said:
I find it amazing at all the excuses people can come up with...why not to attend church....
and defend them as if they were not excuses.

Excuse= lie from adversary.
Obviously..if you be bedridden or hospitalized ya can't attend. :(
Last year they paid me to not attend...my mouth sort of thing.

This year they pay me not to say anything, not questioning anything wanting me to attend. The down side is they gave me the toilet cleaning ministry...not complaining as I count my money...even pay me to clean the restrooms.

Old attending Church for sure for the little ones who are any Churches' treasure!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually i am not shocked at all. protestants are taught not to trust church or their ministers. take away the authority of church, why would anyone attend? i also think that many ministers get caught up in the boring details of minor characters and obscure events in the Bible and go on and on and ON for and hour prattling off dry sermons - as if ancient history and genealogies matter. There is a double message regarding church - dont trust it AND it is important

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
aspen said:
actually i am not shocked at all. protestants are taught not to trust church or their ministers. take away the authority of church, why would anyone attend? i also think that many ministers get caught up in the boring details of minor characters and obscure events in the Bible and go on and on and ON for and hour prattling off dry sermons - as if ancient history and genealogies matter. There is a double message regarding church - dont trust it AND it is important
Thank you for caring! What really opened my eyes up long ago was bumping into all these Christians that had a very private "faith" giving me about anything I wanted providing I kept my beliefs to myself...stunning? I also bumped in Heb.10:25, etc. which also impacted me and have been fellowship publically daily since then...been working for me whether they are make-believers, Sunday-believers, or 007 believers or etc....I thank our Lord for all of them...the more they space out the Cross the more I embrace the Cross.

Old Jack just thinking out loud again

Church 24/7 without neglecting the whole "1" hour on Sunday, Jack

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678s said:
Thank you for caring! What really opened my eyes up long ago was bumping into all these Christians that had a very private "faith" giving me about anything I wanted providing I kept my beliefs to myself...stunning? I also bumped in Heb.10:25, etc. which also impacted me and have been fellowship publically daily since then...been working for me whether they are make-believers, Sunday-believers, or 007 believers or etc....I thank our Lord for all of them...the more they space out the Cross the more I embrace the Cross.

Old Jack just thinking out loud again

Church 24/7 without neglecting the whole "1" hour on Sunday, Jack
Very good................."not give up meeting together" The greek word translated:::::::give Up.......speaks of desertion and abandoment.

Satan loves the non church goer....

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
aspen said:
Some Protestants are like that and give the rest a bad name. The others actually read their Bibles and understand that God commands us to submit to spiritual leadership, imperfect as it is. There are some, though, even right here on this forum, who are in open rebellion against God even while deceiving themselves into thinking they are doing the right thing more than the rest of us. Even when they go to church, they do so with a lot of criticism and self righteousness and they never stay long, finding it difficult to contend with all the faults they see in the pastor, the worship, and the ministries. They pick on doctrinal nuances, but the truth is, they have a rebellious spirit and won't stay in their assigned seat long enough for God to work a change in them. They're runners, running from God and running from God's holy Church and the only cure for their condition is submission, which they refuse to do.

Even though you and I know that the Protestant reformation was an act of insurrection against the Church Jesus instituted, centuries later Protestantism is no longer exactly defined by it's protest against the Catholic Church. In fact, many don't have any animosity toward Catholics at all, just disagreements in their point of view. Strictly speaking, they're more accurately called evangelical Christians rather than Protestants.

And as far as the pastors go, you're right that they drag on and on and the service becomes about them rather than about Jesus as is the case in Catholic and Orthodox services. The pastor is expected to be entertaining, engaging, and charismatic. But in their defense, they aren't the problem when it comes to churchlessness, which should be obvious. They need people to attend. The rebels I speak of are the wandering "prophets" who think God speaks to them exclusively like John, Elijah, or Samuel and they have a "word for the pastor" which usually includes a rebuke or criticism, which God mysteriously gave to them instead of telling the pastor Himself. These types are ensconced in the Old Testament, well versed in the woes and condemnations, the calls for repentance and a return to righteousness. But the demons they battle are their own.

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
aspen said:
Romanists have the lowest attendance of all denominations. Just in case you were wondering.

Christians don't attend church because there is no social pressure to do so, and most Christians just really don't care all that much. Sinful nature gets to us, and no one is keeping anyone accountable. Worst of all, if I were to attempt to keep my neighbor accountable, I would be branded an intolerant bigot because the culture of the day is against us.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
RANDOR said:
Very good................."not give up meeting together" The greek word translated:::::::give Up.......speaks of desertion and abandoment.

Very tasty

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
RANDOR said:

It's all Greek to me, however let's eyeball Heb.10:25 again, "not abandoning the assembly of ourselves" As long as RANDOR keeps preaching the Word on this forum, I'm fulfilling Heb.10:25 right here and now...thank you Jesus. Throw in a little of RANDOR's agape, and we're together at the foot of the precious Cross daily...Church on Sunday added gravy.

Don't want anyone irritated with me, but use to attend the 7th Dayers on Saturday as I'm sold out as in Acts 2:44, etc, however they were not happy with an old Lutheran attending their Adventist church thus had to let that one go...sticking to Sunday services and Bible and prayer gatherings during the week + hearing the message from brother RANDOR.

Old sold out for church hourly, not neglecting the whole "1" hour on Sunday.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
The excuses of why one does not attend church lies deep deep deep within us.........the deepest excuse located at the bottom of the belly
is the one which holds the key to the truth. The ones at the top seem to come out easily and the next one after that seems to come out quicker.

But whatever one does.............never....never.....open the door to the last excuse, the real excuse why one does not attend church.

A list of upper excuses:::from Christians::: that flow so easily from our lips.

It's to far
I work on Sundays.......hmmmmmm.... there's church everyday of the week if it was important to you.
Church goers are all hypocrites.
It's the weekend.
Actually anything that keeps ya away from church is...... lets say....an excuse.
Can't find one I like........hmmmmmmm....who are we going for?
And most people who do not attend church ...seems to always do the things on Sunday that they have been puttin off all week.
Got to wash the clothes.
I'm to tired.
Actually endless....excuses we have all used...........including myself :(

Now...the the excuse......notice it is singular? There are only one of these and it breeds all others.
This will be similar to the thread...."Satans Weapons"

I'm self-conscious.
I don't like people.
I think people don't like me.
I'm not handsome.
I'm not pretty.
I have nothing to wear.......along with everything mentioned above...
I am my own self image.....meaning biker, gang member, ZZ top look alike.....etc etc.
I'm not funny.

This list could go on...I'm sure.........

But I would say self-consciousness would be #1..........................seen it in my own family...as i to once was this way :(

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God has the key to all those excuses......called a break through.....YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!

I've come to realize.....which miracle after miracle could be shared......but......I know.......satan loves excuses people use
to not attend church......sooooooooooooo he will make you think you came up with it therfore you believe it.

But...he also knows...you are going to hear something that God has been wanting to tell you for years......something he knows
you need to hear.........and that something......he does not want to lose...........and that loss for him is........
Your next measure of faith.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This Vale Of Tears said:
Some Protestants are like that and give the rest a bad name. The others actually read their Bibles and understand that God commands us to submit to spiritual leadership, imperfect as it is. There are some, though, even right here on this forum, who are in open rebellion against God even while deceiving themselves into thinking they are doing the right thing more than the rest of us. Even when they go to church, they do so with a lot of criticism and self righteousness and they never stay long, finding it difficult to contend with all the faults they see in the pastor, the worship, and the ministries. They pick on doctrinal nuances, but the truth is, they have a rebellious spirit and won't stay in their assigned seat long enough for God to work a change in them. They're runners, running from God and running from God's holy Church and the only cure for their condition is submission, which they refuse to do.

Even though you and I know that the Protestant reformation was an act of insurrection against the Church Jesus instituted, centuries later Protestantism is no longer exactly defined by it's protest against the Catholic Church. In fact, many don't have any animosity toward Catholics at all, just disagreements in their point of view. Strictly speaking, they're more accurately called evangelical Christians rather than Protestants.

And as far as the pastors go, you're right that they drag on and on and the service becomes about them rather than about Jesus as is the case in Catholic and Orthodox services. The pastor is expected to be entertaining, engaging, and charismatic. But in their defense, they aren't the problem when it comes to churchlessness, which should be obvious. They need people to attend. The rebels I speak of are the wandering "prophets" who think God speaks to them exclusively like John, Elijah, or Samuel and they have a "word for the pastor" which usually includes a rebuke or criticism, which God mysteriously gave to them instead of telling the pastor Himself. These types are ensconced in the Old Testament, well versed in the woes and condemnations, the calls for repentance and a return to righteousness. But the demons they battle are their own.
A nice bit of self righteousness here and spiritual humbuggery. Your church is no more the church that Christ instituted than Jim Jones church was. I doubt if you have any idea what the church is beyond what you have been told by those who love dressing up in women's clothes.

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
After you preached the Word brother RANDOR, I'll even show up to Church an hour early tomorrow, leaving an hour later after dismissal....now concerning the passed around Lulu Bowl....hmmm....I'll put money in instead of taking out....thank you Jesus!

Old Jack getting ready.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course the first question is "What is church." Most christians have no idea as they think that it is a building where you go to gather with others to sing songs, follow some religious rituals, put some money in the plate, listen to some incompetent spout what he thinks about the bible and indulge in a religious ritual called communion.

If that is your impression of the church, then you have no idea what the church is, and until you do, you will not be able to be the church, which is what we are.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
marksman said:
Of course the first question is "What is church." Most christians have no idea as they think that it is a building where you go to gather with others to sing songs, follow some religious rituals, put some money in the plate, listen to some incompetent spout what he thinks about the bible and indulge in a religious ritual called communion.

If that is your impression of the church, then you have no idea what the church is, and until you do, you will not be able to be the church, which is what we are.
I agree we are the church...the bride...that i agree with....but i hope that which you have just wrote is not your excuse for not attending a church.

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
RANDOR said:
I agree we are the church...the bride...that i agree with....but i hope that which you have just wrote is not your excuse for not attending a church.
RANDOR said:
If a bad excuse is worse than no excuse at all...and if Church is composed of those in the Kingdom of God today for example then this is our Lord's impression of the Church...sounds good to me as only winging it?

Old Jack's opinion

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
marksman said:

Sounds like an excuse. Church has always been a building that people gathered to weekly for worship, all the way back to the apostolic age. People also gave offerings and listened to a preacher and the centerpiece of the gathering was communion, doing in remembrance what Jesus commanded them to. All of that is in the Bible. So with all due respect, which is very little, YOU have no idea what church is.

Repent of your rebellion and start going to church and when you leave money in the offering plate, do so unbegrudgingly, with a cheerful heart.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
RANDOR said:
I have had some very bad impressions of church. I can completely understand why someone wouldn't want to go back.

A church that stifles the Spirit and is full of hypocrisy is worse than no church at all. God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of them.

Reactions: Dan57 and RANDOR

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Remember.......it's the deep deep deep part of the belly why they choose not to find or get back into a church.
Now............if a bad impression is one of them..(ten to one though I bet it isn't the deep deep down one)..then that needs to be cast out....and get out there and find a church.....but remember...when ya find that church that doesn't give ya bad impression.....now you are there.

My wife went through this....yes, i know...my wife :)
Anyway, she stopped going because the people were mean.
8 years passed.....FINALLY she went to another church.
And saw...what and how she was not there for the people
But she is there to hear from God.

People say...I can hear from God in my closet, back yard, sittin on the toilet....sure ya can.
But............................................God loves the effort you put in for His name. That James 4:8 thing I've always pushed. :)

let me say it again....ya know since I'm here.........JAMES 4;8..... IS THE ONLY SCRIPTURE ONE NEEDS.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
RANDOR said:
Remember.......it's the deep deep deep part of the belly why they choose not to find or get back into a church.
Now............if a bad impression is one of them..(ten to one though I bet it isn't the deep deep down one)..then that needs to be cast out....and get out there and find a church.....but remember...when ya find that church that doesn't give ya bad impression.....now you are there.

My wife went through this....yes, i know...my wife :)
Anyway, she stopped going because the people were mean.
8 years passed.....FINALLY she went to another church.
And saw...what and how she was not there for the people
But she is there to hear from God.

People say...I can hear from God in my closet, back yard, sittin on the toilet....sure ya can.
But............................................God loves the effort you put in for His name. That James 4:8 thing I've always pushed. :)

let me say it again....ya know since I'm here.........JAMES 4;8..... IS THE ONLY SCRIPTURE ONE NEEDS.
Amen! That was a very good answer.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
lforrest said:
A church that stifles the Spirit and is full of hypocrisy is worse than no church at all. God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of them.
Nooooooooooooooooooo....my friend....this was the better answer :)