Why did God create beauty and why so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When I see a beautiful woman with a beautiful face, and other features, I think it is beautiful. But why is that so? I mean, why is a woman lacking these features beautiful?
Why did God create beauty and why in this way?
Why is the brain set up in such a way that one finds this beautiful?

(Edited by mod due to ludeness)

Last edited by a moderator:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I see a beautiful woman with a beautiful face, and other features, I think it is beautiful. But why is that so? I mean, why is a woman lacking these features beautiful?

good question Isaiah 53:2-5 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. [3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now there's an example of keeping it real on a Christian forum, LoL : )

I believe the answer is because He commanded we go forth and multiply upon the earth, so that He might have a harvest of souls when all was said and done. If He had made it a burden that we be attracted to one another and have sex together, the human race would have died out a long time ago, because He knew perfectly well most would not walk in obedience unless there was something in it for them.

God bless, and thanks for the rather refreshing honesty.
Hidden

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Now there's an example of keeping it real on a Christian forum, LoL : )

I believe the answer is because He commanded we go forth and multiply upon the earth, so that He might have a harvest of souls when all was said and done. If He had made it a burden that we be attracted to one another and have sex together, the human race would have died out a long time ago, because He knew perfectly well most would not walk in obedience unless there was something in it for them.

God bless, and thanks for the rather refreshing honesty.
Hidden
but why is beauty beauty and not ugly and why is ugly ugly and not beauty?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Whaty whaty whaty? I'm having trouble following you...

Oh. I believe it has to do with the quality of workmanship. We use the word "fine" in this country to refer to beautiful women, similar to how you describe a "fine wine," or fine craftsmanship.

Care to explain why this is on your mind?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I see a woman with a beautiful face, big breasts and a good ass, I think it is beautiful. But why is that so? I mean, why is a woman with an ugly face without breasts and without an ass not beautiful?

can only give a perspective as a female. Lately have been noticing the out-of-line comments men make where all they see is boobs, a body, a face, an rear end ...even when married the hidden things commented in words. Get it takes chemistry and really do not know why God made the way of attraction as such...but maybe attraction changes, if not then as we age and outward beauty fades, then what? Sometimes attraction to only what is outward can be deceiving and come with lessons of what is superficial and what is not. Why do elderly people continue together long after the outward fades and falls due to gravity, but sometimes grow closer and blossom towards something real and lasting? Thought a lot of mother Teresa and what drew people towards her?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can only give a perspective as a female. Lately have been noticing the out-of-line comments men make where all they see is boobs, a body, a face, an read end ...even when married the hidden things commented in words. Get it takes chemistry and really do not know why God made the way of attraction as such...but maybe attraction changes, if not then as we age and outward beauty fades, then what? Sometimes attraction to only what is outward can be deceiving and come with lessons of what is superficial and what is not. Why do elderly people continue together long after the outward fades and falls due to gravity, but sometimes grow closer and blossom towards something real and lasting? Thought a lot of mother Teresa and what drew people towards her?

Amen. The most attractive women to me are those who serve God wholeheartedly. The physical enters in, but only as a bonus of sorts. But to a spiritual man, women who are not devoted to God are just a pretty face. Nothing more.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I see a beautiful woman with a beautiful face, and other features

LoL. I see the "quality" of your original post has been "refined" somewhat by the moderators now. Ha!

laughing-animals-8.jpg

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. The most attractive women to me are those who serve God wholeheartedly. The physical enters in, but only as a bonus of sorts. But to a spiritual man, women who are not devoted to God are just a pretty face. Nothing more.

admittedly I’ve struggle so much with this topic. There is this ache. In the past wanting attention for maybe the wrong reason as I thought attention would give or prove some kind of worth. Lately, as I said aching for a different kind of attention. Again, only a perspective from one who is female, but more and more wanting to be seen less by the anatomy but as a sister.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
admittedly I’ve struggle so much with this topic. There is this ache. In the past wanting attention for maybe the wrong reason as I thought attention would give or prove some kind of worth. Lately, as I said aching for a different kind of attention. Again, only a perspective from one who is female, but more and more wanting to be seen not by the anatomy but as a sister.

Yes, well men go through the same sort of thing; not only how they are judged physically but materially, and how "prosperous" they are in the earth, or how successful in the eyes of men. They even do this in the Christian world, judging men by how successful their ministry is, or how much money they make and the standard of living they enjoy.

Sort of turns my stomach, because many if not most of those who are deemed "great" and "successful" in this life will actually be the least in the kingdom of God, while many who were belittled and considered of no account will be the greatest.

But I can imagine it must be tougher on women, being judged as of value merely on the basis of something as shallow as outward appearance alone.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, well men go through the same sort of thing; not only how they are judged physically but materially, and how "prosperous" they are in the earth, or how successful in the eyes of men. They even do this in the Christian world, judging men by how successful their ministry is, or how much money they make and the standard of living they enjoy.

Sort of turns my stomach, because many if not most of those who are deemed "great" and "successful" in this life will actually be the least in the kingdom of God, while many who were belittled and considered of no account will be the greatest.

But I can imagine it must be tougher on women, being judged as of value merely on the basis of something as shallow as outward appearance alone.

wouldn’t say it is tougher for a woman. We maybe do not agree on there will be the greatest and the least but no matter. Makes me think though of the saying ‘the haves and the have not’ of this world ...

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does someone prefer a stone before gold? Everyone likes a woman who looks like gold more than a woman who looks like a stone.
says who ?

some like anorexic women while others like obese women...................some like no make up while others like allot of make up. some like tall while others like short, some love blondes others hate blondes and love brunettes, some like butch hair while others like long hair and the list goes on and on.

like I said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. It's very much a cultural thing. In some cultures fat women are considered beautiful, etc. It's more what your brain likes and what feedback you get from your influencers.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is what God originally created, and this current fallen world filled with corrupted fallen people. We cannot understand what God created solely by examining the behavior of corrupted people.

Each feature in both genders have a purpose and reason, and if we were not fallen in sin, I daresay we would all see beauty in everyone. But sin changed everything.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can only give a perspective as a female. Lately have been noticing the out-of-line comments men make where all they see is boobs, a body, a face, an rear end ...even when married the hidden things commented in words. Get it takes chemistry and really do not know why God made the way of attraction as such...but maybe attraction changes, if not then as we age and outward beauty fades, then what? Sometimes attraction to only what is outward can be deceiving and come with lessons of what is superficial and what is not. Why do elderly people continue together long after the outward fades and falls due to gravity, but sometimes grow closer and blossom towards something real and lasting? Thought a lot of mother Teresa and what drew people towards her?
I thought my wife was beautiful when I married her. Now that I have a better idea of what beauty really is, I see she is so much more beautiful now than I had any idea!

Much love!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does someone prefer a stone before gold?

If I want to flatten a piece of gold I'd rather have a stone. Your question assumes it's own answer.

Why consider beauty to be only skin deep?

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod