why did God make me ugly???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

uglyGuy

Apr 23, 2007
i am so angry at for god creating me 'ugly' that i dont even want to be a christian anymore. how could god do this to one of his own children? is this some sick joke he playing at my expense?I am in my late 20s, single, no dates in years, and i dont get any attention from the opposite sex whatsoever. also, i just found out that i need $15,000 jaw surgery just to fix my overbite, but guess what: my insurance won't cover it!! thanks a lot god! your a real pal!! youre always there when i need you!! (im being sarcastic if you couldnt tell)lately ive been praying everyday that god will just strike me down and end my pathetic life. but i just realized that would be too easy for him - im sure god wants to sit up there enjoy his sick joke of watching this ugly human he made troll through life that he will probably make me live till im 100. i HATE what god did to me. all my friends at church my age are enjoying life, getting married, etc..while i am stuck alone because god made me so ugly that no one wants to be with me. and before you say: 'its not god's fault, you are probably are fat or something'. well im not overweight - i have severe jaw deficiencies that can only be corrected with expensive surgery which i can never afford. but more importantly, god did not stop there, oh no no no. he also made sure to make me with a big deformed nose and gave me severe acne as a child. i guess one deformity wasn't enough for him. i hate god for doing this to me. please please please with me for god to strike me down:pray: :pray: :pray:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hey look at the bright side you are not divorced paying large alimony an child support payments, Your nose didn't get that way from being punched in it and broken 5 times. You have real teeth they didn't fall out and you had to carve a set dentures out of wood. And hey at least you got insurance, You grew out of your acne. You have friends, you go to church, and obviously were blessed with an good sense of humor I'd say all in all you got it good compared to some.praise be to God.
smile.gif

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(uglyGuy;9598)
i am so angry at for god creating me 'ugly' that i dont even want to be a christian anymore. how could god do this to one of his own children? is this some sick joke he playing at my expense?I am in my late 20s, single, no dates in years, and i dont get any attention from the opposite sex whatsoever. also, i just found out that i need $15,000 jaw surgery just to fix my overbite, but guess what: my insurance won't cover it!! thanks a lot god! your a real pal!! youre always there when i need you!! (im being sarcastic if you couldnt tell)lately ive been praying everyday that god will just strike me down and end my pathetic life. but i just realized that would be too easy for him - im sure god wants to sit up there enjoy his sick joke of watching this ugly human he made troll through life that he will probably make me live till im 100. i HATE what god did to me. all my friends at church my age are enjoying life, getting married, etc..while i am stuck alone because god made me so ugly that no one wants to be with me. and before you say: 'its not god's fault, you are probably are fat or something'. well im not overweight - i have severe jaw deficiencies that can only be corrected with expensive surgery which i can never afford. but more importantly, god did not stop there, oh no no no. he also made sure to make me with a big deformed nose and gave me severe acne as a child. i guess one deformity wasn't enough for him. i hate god for doing this to me. please please please with me for god to strike me down:pray: :pray: :pray:
I am sorry but this doesn't sound like real story. Arn't you just making fun of Christianity? I have heard this type of posts from athiests tons of times.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
But, I also know you can change you attitude and become an overcomer...I think you had a really bad day when your surgery was turned down and I know that God said...He would not put more on us than we could take" and so you will overcome this and be a stronger person... I Corinthians 10:13,14Maybe God has something more for you than what the world has to offer, maybe he will teach you things you're friends will never understand...inside you is a spirit man, and that spirit man is the real purpose you are here, Its for him to learn a lesson he did not learn before he came here.. and you will one day return to that spirit man its what you have attained here that will make a difference in that spirit man...are you learning? I know you feel strongly that you are being picked on by God...you have no one to be intimate with...But I say this, you can be intimate with God and have even more satisfaction in that than you can have in a flesh relationship...If you do then you are an overcomer... and that can be attractive to God...your concern with fleshly things can be overcome by spritual growth... I will be praying for you to get a hunger for the TRUE word of God.. here is a site you can study every day verse, by verse and book by book .. it's gonna take 4 years to get through the Bible, but inyou church you'lll never get through it and in order to understand completly you must completely understand the WHOLE word...www.shepherdschapel.com...I'm praying for you to use that straight backbone you have to stand tall and be proud of who you are inside that flesh...and for you to have a hunger for the Word...I love you and I am a pitiful sinfilled flesh person God's love is so much more than I could ever attain...If you know his Word you will feel that love...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(uglyGuy;9598)
===============Poor me baby! Get over it! Dan 1:3 And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes; Think of poor Ashpenaz, his name translated instead of transliterated means "horsenose". Read more about the man in Daniel 1:3-14 and how he helped Daniel.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
UglyGuy, why do thou wish to act like that? Because you think you say you are ugly...? John 3:16 For God so loved the world and gave his only begotten Son, and whosoever believeth in him shall not perished but have everlasting life. Without it, we would have no hope. And we Christians here at Christianity Board loveth thee. And we do. I love thee a lot. We should be grateful that God has given us a chance to be with Him. We love thee, and hope you can see what true love is about.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
(uglyGuy;9598)
im sure god wants to sit up there enjoy his sick joke of watching this ugly human he made troll through life that he will probably make me live till im 100.
I can definitely see that you are not happy. I mean, that's okay, but so you know, you are being heard about that. But consider, you are Christian I assume, so you know the answer to the following question. Who is more likely to be sitting there enjoying a sick joke, God or Satan? So, then, what do you suppose the joke is that he is so happy over? I don't think it is your appearance. I think it is more likely something like having successfully distracted you from your peace or from your trust or your joy or something similar. You would know best that answer for yourself. Satan your adversary is prowling around like a lion waiting to find someone to devour.
i HATE what god did to me. all my friends at church my age are enjoying life, getting married, etc..while i am stuck alone because god made me so ugly that no one wants to be with me.
Well, it is true that if you are ugly, this will affect you in your life, most unfortunately. Best I can offer....:pray4: .

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
...to help him get up on track. I will pray for thee friend, my dear friend...:pray4:Lovest thou in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

smokey the dog

Apr 6, 2007
Michigan
1Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for [the LORD seeth] not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. Count yourself in good company, because Jesus himself was not considered good looking. Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him. Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
The way I see it, if it were that important to him, it is only $15000. If pressured, I am sure that just about anyone could save that up pretty quickly. I took the Dave Ramsey course, and he asked first if we could save up $20000, after everyone said no, he said if it would save our child's life, could we do it, just about everyone could. Sell something, save money, eat macaroni and cheese, it is not out of reach. If you don't make enough money, then get a different job, this is really doable.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
'Blessed be the low in spirit, blessed be those who mourn, for theirs is the kingdom of God.'I guess you are sad because you are too often rejected by many people both emotionally and psychologically, don't worry too much about them, most people are jerks in this world anyway, just see it as because you are more unfortunate, God will be more merciful to you than so many other people could ever dream of, because a sorrowful heart is more precious in God's eyes than any other thing in the world.You also want to have an intimate relationship with the opposite sex but are depressed greatly about being greatly hated by them because you are ugly. There's a very very pretty woman in history recording who asked God to make herself very ugly so she'd not be bothered by people who don't know TRUE love:1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New International Version)New International Version (NIV) 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Pretty people have to try so so much harder to enter into the kingdom of God than much less good-looking people, because their arrogance, pride, and the way they treat others is a disgust in God's eyes, also, because of their prettiness, they fall into so many unnecessary temptations, troubles, and dangers, which hinders their way to enter into the kingdom of God.Because they received more blessings from God, therefore God would require more from them.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
that's the truth, but it is easier said than done. We all have to remember the blessings God is giving us. It is endless if we start focusing our unfortunate side. This world is under control of satan and that's what satan wants us to do; to forget about God's blessings.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I will join pity party; I am short 4'10", I dont have long legs like models, I dont have big boobs like loni anderson, I am not pretty like sandra bulock, I am not as young as Jeniffer lopes, i speak and write broken English, I am not as smart as doctors and loyers, I am not as rich as bill gates... I can go on and on...It started depressing me; I have to stop now:(

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I would like to glorify God after my depressing post:Because I am following Jesus, His Holy Spirit is helping me to overcome all my shortcomings and weaknesses and satan's evil skeems. Of course I am not perfect listening to Jesus; but regardless, Holy Spirit is helping me a greate deal overcoming them.Thank you Jesus for giving us your teachings so we are well prepared to fight against satan in this world. I don't have to envy anyone because of Jesus.:pray: :angel9:
smile.gif

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Faithful one thanks for the post, I enjoyed getting to know you in a more personal way... I think I understand you better now... please forgive me for not recongizing who you are earlier, may God bless you with every thing your heart desires...I love you just the way you are... to me you are more beautiful than all those women you named...

*Madeline*

May 7, 2007
There's no such thing as an ugly person. I think fuzzy bumble bees are cute, some people think they're ugly. I think pigeons are kinda pretty, some people think they're nothing more than flying rats. If people think you're ugly then they're probably too superficial. I won't call myself good looking even though guys are always asking me out all the time, because to someone else I can look extremely ugly. And as Christians, we're not here to win the approval or praises of men, but to receive and give honor from God.Love,Madeline

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
you are right Madeline beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and if you love the Lord in his eyes you are beatiful and thats all that matters.He will send what you need

Guidinglight

May 19, 2013
I read your article & others as well where a person/question is asked.. why did God make them unattractive/not beautiful/ or ugly to say that terrible word. I feel there is much more than the eye can see. First when sin came into the world things changed. And sin grew and created off-spring sin embedded in the soul that effected mankind in a multitude of ways. For instance God gave us free will. As we eat and don't take care of our bodies we get weaker and more prone to disease and change. Somehow our genes are passed on with the information change and then all these pesticides, chemical world, drugs, drink, and so on can effect child birth. We may also have generational curses being paid for past sins.. In other words there are many factors that can determine these things. Life can seem unfair to many and when we don't understand we have to learn on Gods understanding. Jesus said we have to full fill all righteousness. And love can concure all things. The love of Jesus cannot be broken.

I once asked that same question wondering why things are so and why they seem unfair in the vanity category. It is written God uses all things for the better Good. If we reject God than we are dead in our sins. If we embrace God than we may pass from death to life. What matters is the difference we make to others while we are here. God uses all things & people for his purpose/wil
and we must have faith and love. He made multipurpose people. People judge by vanity and they in turn will face judgement for using their gifts the none godly way. Its not easy to live with these handy caps. God is humble and came as a humble servant. But he warned people about hell. The devil has convinced people that the outer appearance makes them superior and lots become prideful and see the inner beauty in reference to their outer beauty. Meaning when they judge they judge how they may treat others based upon their surroundings.. their pretty or attractive or average friends. That old saying birds of a feature flook together. But if they all the sudden see a very none attractive person they are rude and insensitive to then. When they do that they sin. And their own beauty gets tainted in the heart and it could show in their actions, or their outer beauty may change in characteristics. Knowing that does not make it any easier. As long as we do Gods WILL/WORK than we can only gain inner beauty and that makes us bright as the sun in Gods eyes. God said the least must be first but this world does not do the will of God but the works of the flesh. Read Samuel 16:7).

Some points..

Bullying is not of God. And God will hold responsible even the people who do the works & traditions of the world and not that of God. In scripture it is as..

"Humanism in your world has been created by satan. You will bring back the adages of old of: Spare the rod, and you will spoil the child. Discipline must be returned to the homes." - St. Joachim, July 25, 1973

Do not fall down in your job as a parent, for you will also be held responsible for the condition of your children’s souls when they are brought to Us.- Our Lady, February 11, 1971

BE FIRM
"Man has lost his purity. All parents must guard the children's souls. Be firm with your children. The fashions grieve all Heaven. "The time is short, so you must make reparation now, and learn to recognize the signs. You must be guided by the light. The Holy Spirit will always be with you. Remain close to My Son. So many will be lost.- Our Lady, August 5, 1970

The psalmist desired to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD. He so beautifully tells us, My heart says of you, Seek his face! Your face, LORD, I will seek.

The book of Psalms reminds us, And I in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.

God does not judge by outward appearance and he knew you while you were in the wound. His love is so great that he gave his only son. God is above the thinking of men. Hell is real just as God is real. The devil has tainted & blinded the world. The world todo is probably at the same point as when God sent the flood. Vanity has caused people to sin as idol worship has become the way of life. Pray and know there will be judgment. Love yourself and do teh things of God. And if your #1 with God your beauiful will exceed all others. Bless You.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
beauty is in the eye of the beholder - which is why many beautiful people like models, etc think they are ugly. Becoming more attractive according to the world's standards is not going to change how you perceive yourself - btw I know the OP is 6 years old