Why did God make so hard to trust in him.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I do believe in God and Jesus Christ coming to Earth to die for our sin but why did God make so hard to have trust in him? I know this might a very weird question and seem kinda non Christian question but time to time, I find it hard to trust him. When I am not really even getting tempted but I know it satan whispering it in my ear. I figure out mostly a faith thing and why is faith so hard?

ttruscott

Feb 3, 2012
Wet Coast of Canada
I'm sorry if this is upsetting but the hardness of your believing is due to the hardness of your heart. If you are broken by guilt and reborn in repentance it is much easier. It may seem like you are desperately seeking but...

So don't seek to believe, pray for the grace of repentance and a rebirth...belief will grow like a dessert flower after a small rain.

imho

Peace,

Ted

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
God didn't make it hard to trust him. All the doctrines that are fed to us made it hard to trust Him.

To be honest, I didn't trust God until very recently (today), and I tried to lie to myself and say I did. I also didn't love God, although I tried to lie to myself and say I did.

Everynow and then, I would just pray, "Help me love you lord!" Then I'd go back to being worried, and frustrated. It just dawned on me. It's not the Lord I don't love, or trust. It's the god that's been decribed to me my whole life that I despise. It's all the lies and corruption that spews out of the mouths of our supposed spiritual leaders. It's the false information and twisting of scriptures that spew from the minds of our supposed scholars and translators. It's all of the mismash of ideas, opinions, and speculations. All of these has formed a vision in my mind of what I've always called God the Destructor.

In light of my studies the past couple of weeks, this is no longer my view, and the flood gates of understanding and seeing are open at the moment.

Most of my inner turmoil about God is gone now. I can actually see the Mercy in God, and in His word. Trust, is something I know is in the very near future in my relationship with God. I have nothing but contempt for the god that was shown to me throughout my life, who wasn't the real God of the Bible.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
God didn't make it hard to trust him. All the doctrines that are fed to us made it hard to trust Him.

To be honest, I didn't trust God until very recently (today), and I tried to lie to myself and say I did. I also didn't love God, although I tried to lie to myself and say I did.

Everynow and then, I would just pray, "Help me love you lord!" Then I'd go back to being worried, and frustrated. It just dawned on me. It's not the Lord I don't love, or trust. It's the god that's been decribed to me my whole life that I despise. It's all the lies and corruption that spews out of the mouths of our supposed spiritual leaders. It's the false information and twisting of scriptures that spew from the minds of our supposed scholars and translators. It's all of the mismash of ideas, opinions, and speculations. All of these has formed a vision in my mind of what I've always called God the Destructor.

In light of my studies the past couple of weeks, this is no longer my view, and the flood gates of understanding and seeing are open at the moment.

Most of my inner turmoil about God is gone now. I can actually see the Mercy in God, and in His word. Trust, is something I know is in the very near future in my relationship with God. I have nothing but contempt for the god that was shown to me throughout my life, who wasn't the real God of the Bible.

Hallelyah! Just love break throughs! Bless you dear brother!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Wayne, trust does take time, but by hanging in there even when things get difficult, you're actually growing and building faith.

and Shirley and Jiggy, I'll third that. God is really moving this week. It's exciting! :lol: :lol:

Reactions: Shirley