Why did I become a Christian? and witness of holy spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Why did I become a Christian?

I was sad that I had cerebral palsy from birth. And I can't walk.I don't want to live in this sinful world In this world, our desires are not fulfilled. I wanted to be the bride of Christ.

I was horrified to see the Holy Spirit

I saw the Holy Spirit flying as a golden dove with own eyes

I was in the car I saw him in left side of wing mirror of car.

I don't know what my Christian denomination is, I know very little about Christianity, I was a Hindu but I love Christianity so much that I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, I can't read half the English Bible. I can only read the Marathi Bible. I can't go to church.upload_2022-7-11_15-46-5.gif

Last edited:

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Siddhi, that is wonderful! I praise God for your experience!

But why are you horrified to see the golden dove? Many people have long desired to see Holy Spirit.
I was sad that I could not walk from birth
Because I realized my mistake now as I remember the sins of past births and childhoods
I was a Hindu I was vegan ,fasting
I know very little about Christianity
And
I feared the Holy Spirit as golden dove

that I read in the bible

Ephesians 4:30
King James Version
30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You have not grieved the Holy Spirit sister @Siddhi Koli. He loves you and because he loves you he has revealed himself to you in some divine way. Your past is forgiven when you become a follower of Jesus Christ. He is the Son of God who came to earth in the form of a man to save and to reconcile the things that were lost because of sin. He died and rose again and he sits on Gods righthand in the Kingdom of Heaven. He sent the Holy Spirit to come and abide in the people who believe in him (Jesus) by faith and recieve him (Jesus) as their personal Lord and Savior. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was sad that I had cerebral palsy from birth. And I can't walk.I don't want to live in this sinful world In this world, our desires are not fulfilled. I wanted to be the bride of Christ.

I can't read half English Bible .I can only read Marathi Bible.

I don't know what my Christian denomination is, I know very little about Christianity, I was a Hindu but I love Christianity so much that I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, I can't read half the English Bible. I can only read the Marathi Bible. I can't go to church.View attachment 24183

Welcome Siddhi! I hope you will like it here, there is a wonderful man on here from India also, @My Dreams

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I don't know what my Christian denomination is, I know very little about Christianity, I was a Hindu but I love Christianity so much that I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, I can't read half the English Bible. I can only read the Marathi Bible. I can't go to church.View attachment 24183
Here is a podcast which might interest you Siddhi. It inspires hope again and again :)
106 The Nature of Free Choice

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I don't know what my Christian denomination is, I know very little about Christianity..

Don't worry about denominations and churches, you love Jesus and that's what counts..:)
Jesus said- "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)

The woman at the well- "I know that when the Messiah comes he'll tell us everything"

Jesus- "I'm him. He's speaking to you now"..:)
jesus-mates.jpg

And don't worry about trying to find an entire Bible, just try to get a simple small gospel like this one because that's where Jesus is.
Any Christian group would be glad to send you one free of charge if you contact them..:)

upload_2022-7-12_15-47-34.jpeg

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have some great advice here, Siddhi. Yes, do not worry about denominations; in time I trust our Heavenly Father will lead you to a church of those who love our Lord (as long as it is Christ centered and Bible based, that is all that is important). There are many denominations, but it doesn't matter which one you belong to as long as you trust that Jesus has covered your sins and has reconciled you to our Heavenly Father.

Your past sins are forgiven. God remembers them no more. As far as the east is from the west your former sins are no longer a part of you. God is able to not remember them completely because nothing is impossible for him and he is that loving and powerful. I also have had some quite detestable sins of my youth (I lived as a transgender for three years), but our Heavenly Father looks on me as he looks on his beloved Son Jesus; I am constantly in awe of his love.

Here is a book that I have read that has completely opened my eyes to the character of our Heavenly Father; it has brought me much peace since the passing of my beloved husband unexpectedly some years prior. It is called, "A Layman Looks at the Lord's Prayer" by Keller. Another book of his that also has been helpful, by the same author, is "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23". If I could find a way to get these to you, I'd be happy to send them.

Wishing you peace, sister. Our Lord Jesus loves you.

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
You have some great advice here, Siddhi. Yes, do not worry about denominations; in time I trust our Heavenly Father will lead you to a church of those who love our Lord (as long as it is Christ centered and Bible based, that is all that is important). There are many denominations, but it doesn't matter which one you belong to as long as you trust that Jesus has covered your sins and has reconciled you to our Heavenly Father.

Your past sins are forgiven. God remembers them no more. As far as the east is from the west your former sins are no longer a part of you. God is able to not remember them completely because nothing is impossible for him and he is that loving and powerful. I also have had some quite detestable sins of my youth (I lived as a transgender for three years), but our Heavenly Father looks on me as he looks on his beloved Son Jesus; I am constantly in awe of his love.

Here is a book that I have read that has completely opened my eyes to the character of our Heavenly Father; it has brought me much peace since the passing of my beloved husband unexpectedly some years prior. It is called, "A Layman Looks at the Lord's Prayer" by Keller. Another book of his that also has been helpful, by the same author, is "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23". If I could find a way to get these to you, I'd be happy to send them.

Wishing you peace, sister. Our Lord Jesus loves you.
Thank you :)

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
My depression story.....I have not been able to walk since birth.I remember sinning as a child.Because of this I want salvation.:approve

I don't like some people saying bad words.:(

I was a pure vegetarian because consuming non-vegetarian food is sinful.:chickenleg:

I used to think about which religion to choose. That is to choose monotheism or polytheism.

Or I used to think about which deity to believe.

I went to church.:church:
I know and believe that Jesus the son of God healed some people but why am I not healed, some church is a hypocrite, who will pick me up and take me That means the family will not be able to pick me up.and I want salvation so I am sad and depressed.

I don't judge the church but the Lord will do it on the last day but I found that tabor ashram online and gave them 100 rupees to heal me but the pastor was just talking about the bible
preach.gif

and can't do anything. I was shocked
I was sad I thought that I will be cured by healing power means in physical
And Ever since the corona virus came, I was worried.
I started remembering negative things, became irritable and vitamin deficient and Fell unconscious.:fearful:

I was taken to Apollo Hospital and regained consciousness
.:hospital:

Then I went to another hospital. Doctor gave me sleeping pill because I can't sleep all night.::sleeping:
And was not hungry.
My mother took me to a psychiatrist. I didn't say anything, I kept silent.
My testimony
I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day
When I saw the Holy Spirit
1f54a.png
I was afraid, I knew what the truth was. Then I started believing in monotheism.
271d.png

There is good news why the Holy Spirit appeared, He has something to tell me
Then I started eating vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods.

Sitting on a wheel chair hurts my back .
1f9d1-1f9bd.png
end The story

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My depression story.....I have not been able to walk since birth.I remember sinning as a child.Because of this I want salvation.:approve

I don't like some people saying bad words.:(

I was a pure vegetarian because consuming non-vegetarian food is sinful.:chickenleg:

I used to think about which religion to choose. That is to choose monotheism or polytheism.

Or I used to think about which deity to believe.

I went to church.:church:
I know and believe that Jesus the son of God healed some people but why am I not healed, some church is a hypocrite, who will pick me up and take me That means the family will not be able to pick me up.and I want salvation so I am sad and depressed.

I don't judge the church but the Lord will do it on the last day but I found that tabor ashram online and gave them 100 rupees to heal me but the pastor was just talking about the bible
preach.gif

and can't do anything. I was shocked
I was sad I thought that I will be cured by healing power means in physical
And Ever since the corona virus came, I was worried.
I started remembering negative things, became irritable and vitamin deficient and Fell unconscious.:fearful:

I was taken to Apollo Hospital and regained consciousness
.:hospital:

Then I went to another hospital. Doctor gave me sleeping pill because I can't sleep all night.::sleeping:
And was not hungry.
My mother took me to a psychiatrist. I didn't say anything, I kept silent.
My testimony
I saw on the internet that Jesus died for sin. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day
When I saw the Holy Spirit
1f54a.png
I was afraid, I knew what the truth was. Then I started believing in monotheism.
271d.png

There is good news why the Holy Spirit appeared, He has something to tell me
Then I started eating vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods.

Sitting on a wheel chair hurts my back .
1f9d1-1f9bd.png
end The story
Hi @Siddhi Koli I am reminded of Paul in Philippians 1.6 to believers: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know and believe that Jesus the son of God healed some people but why am I not healed
Siddhi, Jesus can still heal today. However, not everyone is healed.

God has His purposes working out when people do not get healed. Sometimes it can be to draw someone to Himself. Sometimes it can be for the Christian to grow and trust God, even when they are not healed.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Siddhi, Jesus can still heal today. However, not everyone is healed.

God has His purposes working out when people do not get healed. Sometimes it can be to draw someone to Himself. Sometimes it can be for the Christian to grow and trust God, even when they are not healed.
march onwards in the glorious LORD my friend .
YES indeed JESUS can still heal , but not all are healed . We can look even to what paul wrote
Now before i write what he wrote i want us to remember that GOD used that man to heal people .
But when writing timothy he said , use a little wine for your OFTEN INFIRMITIES . and we also see
that others go sick who did the work of the LORD . one man nearly DIED he got so sick
for doing the work of the LORD . Yeah the health wealth prosperity gospel has done serious harm to the peoples .
Timothy got sick a lot . IT said OFTEN INFIRMITIES . God allows what he allows . AND YES we sure can pray to be healed .
BUT as you said , lets not blame or get angry if one is not healed .
Paul had a serious thorn put in his flesh , for a serious reason too . Even paul had prayed three times it be removed .
BUT THEN REJOICED in the answer GOD gave him . THEREFORE i glory in infirmities .........
YEP , we just got to learn to righly divided the beautiful holy book . its why i always say to all , LET US GET IN THEM BIBLES
and learn THAT PATTERN for all things well .

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I have stopped the anti-depressant pill the first doctor gave me
I went to a psychiatrist from Apollo Hospital who prescribed a new pill because my whole body is hurting. I feel good that he gave me three pills. That pill name is trifluoperazine and Benzhexol Hydrochloride
quetiapine fumarate tablet ip 50 mg
sertraline tablets ip And I gained weight.

I chat with psychiatrists on mobile. My mother helps me.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
chatting with phychiatrists is a lot like a man
that was very sick indeed .
His wife cared for him daily , would wipe even the very sweat off his head . Every time he rang a bell
she would come and wait hand and foot upon him .
Yet all the while it was she who was poisoning him and keeping him sick and though her moments of kindness
could ease his symptoms for a while , SIcker still he got till one day he died .
MANS WISDOM cannot give that WHICH ONLY GOD GIVETH . just a real friendly reminder to all .
For though it can make moments better , it can never give SALVATION nor HEAL the very soul of man .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have stopped the anti-depressant pill the first doctor gave me
I went to a psychiatrist from Apollo Hospital who prescribed a new pill because my whole body is hurting. I feel good that he gave me three pills. That pill name is trifluoperazine and Benzhexol Hydrochloride
quetiapine fumarate tablet ip 50 mg
sertraline tablets ip And I gained weight.

I chat with psychiatrists on mobile. My mother helps me.

Siddhi, we will keep praying for you.

Sometimes people can eventually get off of medications, especially depression medication.

Is depression your only diagnosis? Try to read some uplifting and comforting verses from the Bible, God's Word. Those verses are living and can help heal your mind.

Be careful of your thinking....if you think on only negative or bad things, that can depress your mind.

Philippians 4:8-9...the Bible.
Meditate on These Things
8Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could someone guide me on how to reply to an existing thread?
Perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly?
Your guidance is needed.
With respect.
Hello.
You seem to be doing things correctly. You replied to this topic and I see it.

I see you are in Yemen. Are you a Christian?

Reactions: amigo de christo

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

कारच्या साइड मिररमध्ये तुम्ही ते फक्त पाहिलं होतं, तुम्हाला कसं खात्रं आहे की हे पवित्र आत्मा होतं? हे केवळ माणसांनी पिवळं पिवळं पांढरं केलेलं एक पिवळं पक्षीचं असू शकतं. मला खात्रं आहे की हे तुमचं पाप नसंच आहे, म्हणूनच तुमच्याकडून हा सेब्रल पॉल्सी झालंय. परंतु, तुमचं या स्वभावानुसार देवाने तुम्हाला ही प्राप्त केलं आहे, कारण तुम्हाला काही हे पाहू शकतं ज्यासाठी आमच्या सामान्य माणसांना दिसू शकतं नसंत.

• Love
Reactions: Siddhi Koli