Why did i ever fall for this...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm back...but for the wrong reasons. I need help breaking a very strange addiction of mine...
So i hate witchcraft right? never would do it, never would approve of anyone else doing it...

Yet the enemy put a nagging doubt in my head, an excuse that supposedly lets it be ok...
that if i do it just in my head and don't act it out, they won't know and won't be able to act on it...so it won't have any effect. You can probably see where this is going.

Even though it's "all in my head", my conscience is grieved whenever i do it...yet i can't stop, i've become addicted to it somehow. It's like i can only want it unless i have some kind of objective reason why it's still evil this way...please give me an answer, and pray for me so i can break out of this.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm back...but for the wrong reasons. I need help breaking a very strange addiction of mine...
So i hate witchcraft right? never would do it, never would approve of anyone else doing it...

Yet the enemy put a nagging doubt in my head, an excuse that supposedly lets it be ok...
that if i do it just in my head and don't act it out, they won't know and won't be able to act on it...so it won't have any effect. You can probably see where this is going.

Even though it's "all in my head", my conscience is grieved whenever i do it...yet i can't stop, i've become addicted to it somehow. It's like i can only want it unless i have some kind of objective reason why it's still evil this way...please give me an answer, and pray for me so i can break out of this.
The reason why evil is still evil, even if only in the mind, is that we engage with our thoughts in much the same way as we do actions. We choose our thoughts, just like we choose our actions. Thoughts have a positive or negative effect, just like our actions. Thoughts as well as actions affect our character, our fruitfulness, but most importantly, we are called to purity, which is more than just our actions, but having pure thoughts as well.

Become addicted to serving God. That's Biblical, and safe.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“(…the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

Reactions: marks and dev553344

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for your honesty....all sin begins in the mind. After the mind has been tempted it has a choice to reject the temptation or to act on it.
Once the flesh experiences the temptation it will continue to desire it again.
So you have to cast down all vain imagination that exalts itself above the Word of God....

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is very vague. What is the witchcraft that you are doing in your head?

You don't have to give exact details if you prefer, but can you elaborate just a little?

Are you worshiping demons in your mind, or are you chanting spells or what is it that you mean?

There are many accounts in the Bible of people saying things to God "in their heart", which means in their mind, and God hearing them and holding them accountable for it. Like promises and vows made to Him in their minds, etc. So doing things in the mind is not a way to keep thoughts or desires/actions private from God, or the spirits.

God also speaks of things being a spiritual snare. He told His people to avoid certain activities, that they would become a snare to them. It sounds as if you have stumbled into a snare.

My advice is to begin purifying yourself, mind, body and spirit. Eat cleaner, avoid violent or sexual images on TV or Internet and begin learning how to fast. Fasting is a surefire way to release the bonds of unclean spirits or unclean spiritual activity.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very vague. What is the witchcraft that you are doing in your head?

You don't have to give exact details if you prefer, but can you elaborate just a little?

Are you worshiping demons in your mind, or are you chanting spells or what is it that you mean?

There are many accounts in the Bible of people saying things to God "in their heart", which means in their mind, and God hearing them and holding them accountable for it. Like promises and vows made to Him in their minds, etc. So doing things in the mind is not a way to keep thoughts or desires/actions private from God, or the spirits.

God also speaks of things being a spiritual snare. He told His people to avoid certain activities, that they would become a snare to them. It sounds as if you have stumbled into a snare.

My advice is to begin purifying yourself, mind, body and spirit. Eat cleaner, avoid violent or sexual images on TV or Internet and begin learning how to fast. Fasting is a surefire way to release the bonds of unclean spirits or unclean spiritual activity.
It's divination. I don't know why or how i fell into this...please pray for me, that i'll realize it's not ok just because it makes me feel good

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's divination. I don't know why or how i fell into this...please pray for me, that i'll realize it's not ok just because it makes me feel good
If it's not too personal, can I ask if there are any drugs or alcohol involved?

These substances open doorways for the supernatural.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it's not too personal, can I ask if there are any drugs or alcohol involved?

These substances open doorways for the supernatural.
no i don't do any other than my daily medications

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no i don't do any other than my daily medications
Good. That's one less thing that could be working against solving the problem.

If you haven't already, you might consider researching heavily all that you can about the specific meds. Not to say that they may necessarily be causing your troubles, but they can certainly be contributing in some way.

For instance, I have a family member who has used Ritalin/Stratera/Aderall chemicals for decades and cannot get free from alcohol addiction. It turns out these chemicals are almost identical to Meth-amphetamine and not only cause a stimulant effect that is not healthy, but that effect leads to cravings for a downer; in this individual's case, alcohol meets that requirement perfectly.

If any of your meds are causing even a mild stimulant effect, it can lead your mind to go into repetitive thoughts and thought patterns that are almost involuntary. If the divination is something that the mind can use to satisfy that need for rhythmical mental activity, it may be a kind of catch-22 until that particular medication is removed from the equation or substituted with something that works a little differently.

Just something to consider.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good. That's one less thing that could be working against solving the problem.

If you haven't already, you might consider researching heavily all that you can about the specific meds. Not to say that they may necessarily be causing your troubles, but they can certainly be contributing in some way.

For instance, I have a family member who has used Ritalin/Stratera/Aderall chemicals for decades and cannot get free from alcohol addiction. It turns out these chemicals are almost identical to Meth-amphetamine and not only cause a stimulant effect that is not healthy, but that effect leads to cravings for a downer; in this individual's case, alcohol meets that requirement perfectly.

If any of your meds are causing even a mild stimulant effect, it can lead your mind to go into repetitive thoughts and thought patterns that are almost involuntary. If the divination is something that the mind can use to satisfy that need for rhythmical mental activity, it may be a kind of catch-22 until that particular medication is removed from the equation or substituted with something that works a little differently.

Just something to consider.
it's not the meds. It tempts me heavily even when i don't take them for a long time. I'm diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive, and i think i may also be Bipolar. I don't beleive in "mental illness" as common psychiatry and Big Pharma define it, but i do beleive those are real conditions, ones that require a change of heart through the Spirit and spiritual growth to fix. Please pray i'll overcome this

Reactions: marks and GEN2REV

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For my own understanding, can you explain what you mean by "divination"?

Your conscience is right about this one. As for the "why" of it... You know how lusting for a woman is like committing fornication with her in your heart, and hatred and anger is like committing murder in your heart? (See "Mount, comma, Sermon on".) Same principle. Divination in the heart.

You want to have a clean heart.

Only I don't have any practical advice on how to clean your own heart. Cleaning you up is the Holy Spirit's job. When you find yourself practicing Divination in your heart, you'll just have to trust the Holy Spirit to do its job. It may take time, so keep trusting, even if you don't see immediate results.

You have my prayers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jabre, may I ask why would you start casting spells in your mind or siding with Satan by even thinking of Witchcraft?

We all know Witchcraft is bad and Devil worship and not what the new age hippies try to portray wicca as some natural love of nature or whatever they falsely try to portray it as, there is a reason the Salem Witch trials happened, it wasn't because Witches are good people and the Puritans bad people.

Last edited:

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jabre, may I ask why would you start casting spells in your mind or siding with Satan by even thinking of Witchcraft?

We all know Witchcraft is bad and Devil worship and not what the new age hippies try to portray wicca as some natural love of nature or whatever the falsely try to portray it as, there is a reason the Salem Witch trials happened, it wasn't because Witches are good people and the Puritans bad people.
i feel like the problem is i lack self control how do i fix this

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel like the problem is i lack self control how do i fix this
Pray to God repent and ask for forgiveness and pray constantly until those evil thoughts are overcome by thoughts of God and his Son Christ.

Reactions: dev553344

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's not the meds. It tempts me heavily even when i don't take them for a long time. I'm diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive, and i think i may also be Bipolar. I don't beleive in "mental illness" as common psychiatry and Big Pharma define it, but i do beleive those are real conditions, ones that require a change of heart through the Spirit and spiritual growth to fix. Please pray i'll overcome this

Jabre (what a lovely name) I hope what am saying is the way I should say it.

Many times our biology is what causes us to have some mental problems. Some of us lack the ability to create enough hormones, neurotransmitters, if you will, and this is not caused by a spiritual condition.We are a copy of a copy of a copy, etc, back to Adam, and have physical frailties.
Sometimes we are just plain sad because of circumstances, and the body is trying to overcome that, but we cannot make the ex. serotonin or other levels in our bodies enough to overcome the sadness.

Sometimes we beat ourselves down, sometimes others do.

Having a sense of value because we are bought with precious blood is very important to restoration of the mind, but God knows that we are not all on the same level. I believe 100 percent that He gave us physicians and knowledge of how we work to assist us.

I remember suffering from severe depression, and after being hospitalized, the first thing they do is run blood tests to se if you are a substance abuser. I was so depressed I was almost unable to function. I slurred words, and felt flu-y/ All i had in my system was Tylenol, because I had had a headache. What happens though, is that my depression became biochemical. How amazing it can show up as a physical symptom.With proper medications and some counseling, I was able to become functioning again.

Of course there are spiritual battles which we face, and dabbing in occult is never a good idea, but there are physical problems which can affect our thought processes too. I do not want you to beat yourself up thinking all these bad things about yourself. We take vitamins to prevent deficiencies, so shouldn't it be OK to take medicine to assist us becoming whole again?

Jesus can heal anyone, but sometimes he uses doctors.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many times our biology is what causes us to have some mental problems. Some of us lack the ability to create enough hormones, neurotransmitters, if you will, and this is not caused by a spiritual condition.We are a copy of a copy of a copy, etc, back to Adam, and have physical frailties.
Sometimes we are just plain sad because of circumstances, and the body is trying to overcome that, but we cannot make the ex. serotonin or other levels in our bodies enough to overcome the sadness.

Having a sense of value because we are bought with precious blood is very important to restoration of the mind, but God knows that we are not all on the same level. I believe 100 percent that He gave us physicians and knowledge of how we work to assist us.

I remember suffering from severe depression, and after being hospitalized, the first thing they do is run blood tests to se if you are a substance abuser. I was so depressed I was almost unable to function. I slurred words, and felt flu-y/ All i had in my system was Tylenol, because I had had a headache. What happens though, is that my depression became biochemical. How amazing it can show up as a physical symptom.With proper medications and some counseling, I was able to become functioning again.

Of course there are spiritual battles which we

Of course there are spiritual battles which we face, and dabbing in occult is never a good idea, but there are physical problems which can affect our thought processes too. I do not want you to beat yourself up thinking all these bad things about yourself. We take vitamins to prevent deficiencies, so shouldn't it be OK to take medicine to assist us becoming whole again?

Jesus can heal anyone, but sometimes he uses doctors.
I don't trust Big Pharma anymore

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't trust Big Pharma anymore
This is quite a blanket statement. what if you get an infection, and it is non responsive without antibiotics? Are you not going to get it treated? Would you put this constraint on your family members or friends?? Perhaps find a Christian doctor who can prescribe what you need?

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy