Why Do Husbands Cheat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why-do-husbands-cheat_-1.jpg

1 Corinthians 7:3 - The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.⁠

The loss of sexual intimacy in a marriage is a tell tale sign of imminent disaster. Just like a normal appetite, every man and woman has a sexual appetite that must be fed. If you are not feeding your spouse’s sexual appetite, don’t think they will just starve! Once your spouse stops seeing you in a sexual way and as a sexual partner, their desire will turn towards someone else. You will be nothing more than a roommate and/or the mother of their children. ⁠

Husbands should not be made to feel like they are sexual fiends. Sex is a natural and normal expectation in a Christian marriage. It is not to be used as a bargaining tool or reward for good behavior. A man will not put his sex life on hold either. If you are constantly putting sex on the bottom of your list of priorities, this will weaken him, causing him to be defenseless against temptation when another woman offers him what you are not.⁠

The important thing to know is that every time a husband and wife deprive each other of sexual intimacy, they are opening the door to sin through temptation!⁠

Do you make sure you’ve eaten, are dressed and ready to take on the day? Do you take time out in your busy schedule to get your nails and hair done? Do you make time to ‘go out with the girls’ or ‘grab a coffee with your bestie’? Clean the house? You make time for the things that are important to you. If you don’t find time for regular sex in your marriage, it’s time to make a change before it’s too late!⁠

Order takeout, skip the dishes, send the kids to bed early, wake up earlier yourselves, cancel extra curricular activities for the family - do whatever it takes to make and maintain time for sex in your marriage. You can do without a lot of things in your life, but a sexless marriage is not one of them! Denying your spouse sexual intercourse (conjugal rights) is a sin against God’s word.⁠

Reactions: Wrangler

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Men cheat because they want the best of both worlds, what they have and what they do not have. To blame it on the wife is making a poor excuse for lack of control and obedience to the marriage vows that the man has made. You are not interested in discussion, you are a pastor who just wants a platform to preach and too encourage people to go to your website.
Rita

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TWO wrongs dont make a right . Yes the wife should not defraud the husband , nor should the husband defraud the wife .
Neither the husband nor the wife has power over his own body . It belongs to the other .
But just cause someone wrongs me , dont make it RIGHT if i do wrong . You are seriously headed in a dangerous direction .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's what I've learned of the beliefs @Amos Ministries teaches:

-Husbands are allowed to rape their wives whenever they want. Anyone who objects to this is "sinning".
-Husbands whom cheat on their wives aren't guilty of sin- its the wife's "fault" for not putting out enough.
-Husbands are allowed to beat and otherwise abuse their wives whenever they want, and again anyone whom objects to this or otherwise protests is "sinning".

Amos, I'd call you a "wolf in sheep clothing" but you're not even bothering with the sheep clothing. What you preach here is straight up anti-Christ. Doesn't matter if you quote scripture- Satan himself does that too.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does a husband cheat? I dunno, perhaps because he doesn't want to grow old with her?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's what I've learned of the beliefs @Amos Ministries teaches:

-Husbands are allowed to rape their wives whenever they want. Anyone who objects to this is "sinning".
-Husbands whom cheat on their wives aren't guilty of sin- its the wife's "fault" for not putting out enough.
-Husbands are allowed to beat and otherwise abuse their wives whenever they want, and again anyone whom objects to this or otherwise protests is "sinning".

Amos, I'd call you a "wolf in sheep clothing" but you're not even bothering with the sheep clothing. What you preach here is straight up anti-Christ. Doesn't matter if you quote scripture- Satan himself does that too.
My observations, exactly!! My thinking is that any man who believes these things probably practices them too = domestic violence.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of what this fella says is true, but overall it is a lie. Ladies... Don't hold back on your husbands! Biblically, its wrong! And he's your guy! Why would you?

But the thing is if a man makes a vow to a woman, he should keep it. Was "for better or worse" part of that vow? If so... Well, ya know!

Interesting pattern going on here lately. Someone has an axe to grind.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Men cheat because they want the best of both worlds, what they have and what they do not have. To blame it on the wife is making a poor excuse for lack of control and obedience to the marriage vows that the man has made. You are not interested in discussion, you are a pastor who just wants a platform to preach and too encourage people to go to your website.
Rita
This @Amos Ministries is a man who thinks the bible says it is okay for a man to rape his wife. I don't take anything he says seriously.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is an inappropriate answer on a Christian forum.
I think you misunderstood me. I was married to a woman who I wanted to grow old with. My disease of addiction led me to lie to her and that destroyed the trust between us. I wanted to be with her, "til death do us part." :(

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think you misunderstood me. I was married to a woman who I wanted to grow old with. My disease of addiction led me to lie to her and that destroyed the trust between us. I wanted to be with her, "til death do us part." :(
Oh, so sorry. More so because you know you messed up. Addiction takes so many things doesn’t it xx
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just speaking from experience, my trust was also destroyed. The Lord enabled me to forgive my husband but sadly it wasn’t enough to rebuild the trust. However we remained friends until his death. That was testimony to the fact that The Lord gave me the grace to build bridges when inside I wanted to throw a brick at him !!
Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even though the Lord brought us together, I rushed us, due to my insecurities, into getting married.
I think I destroyed the possibility of us having a stable relationship.
I, for one, was not ready to get married.
The Lord has done a wonderful work in my heart, and I think we may even become friends.
I would be blessed to have her as a friend. :)

Reactions: marks and Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even though the Lord brought us together, I rushed us, due to my insecurities, into getting married.
I think I destroyed the possibility of us having a stable relationship.
I, for one, was not ready to get married.
The Lord has done a wonderful work in my heart, and I think we may even become friends.
I would be blessed to have her as a friend. :)
I'm sorry I misunderstood your earlier post. Please forgive me Truman.

Reactions: marks and Truman
Status
Not open for further replies.