1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why DO Most Christians Believe Death is a Separation as Opposed to Cessation of Life?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics Forum' started by Truth OT, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Yes, but I'm not going down those rabbit holes with you.

1 Timothy 6:2-5...
    "Keep on teaching these things and giving these exhortations. 3 If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words. These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, 5 constant disputes about minor matters by men who are corrupted in mind and deprived of the truth".

What questions have you raised here that Christ ever taught?
    This is nothing more than nit picking nonsense.....where did your answers come from? Jesus? I think not....

2. Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I didn't require it either, but its nice to know that science backs up the Bible....we are fashioned from the elements of the earth because this was to be our permanent home...it is part of who we are. God never intended to take a single human to heaven, because originally, he didn't have to. Sin brought the need for a savior, so if Adam had not sinned, Jesus would never have come, because there would have been no debt to pay.

That is your prerogative, of course but there is more than one spirit attempting to direct the human mind. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)
    Jesus will be rejecting "many" who assume that they were directed by the right spirit....yet he will say that he "never knew" them....(Matthew 7:21-23)

It is good to explore the views of others.....it never hurts to consider them.

3. post

post Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    asking obvious questions about scripture when you read it & seeking out the answers to them - finding Christ testified of in what's written - this isn't 'a rabbit hole'

it's Bible study.

you have very wrong conclusions about Genesis 2-4.
    if you are not interested in coming to the right conclusions, that's fine, but don't boast about how much you 'study the Bible' and how 'you know all the answers' if all you are going to do when faced with the questions is accuse me of evil and run away.

Romans 5:14 -- Adam is a picture of Christ.
    how?

4. post

post Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @Aunty Jane

i made a new thread, so we can have that conversation there ((link below))
    if you want to go on using this thread to argue about words, instead.

Adam, a picture of Christ