Why do Protestants have?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Protestants have

Sunday school?

camp meetings?

tent revivals?

Wed nite prayer meeting?

1st Sunday holy communion?

None are in scripture

feel free to add your own!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do orthodox make the sign of the cross backwards?

why do their priests dress like nuns?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do Protestants have?
stars in their crown?....because there wasn't enough room on their jackets!

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why does @theefaith have a ratio of less than 7% when we divide the likes that they have received by the number of posts that they have made, and probably the number of posts actually liked will be even less if we consider that there can be more than one like for a particular post that they have made.

Now I do not have whole hearted support or agreement from the membership of this forum, yet if I divide the number of likes I have received by the number of posts that I have made, I have a ratio of around 33% and if I consider the number of posts that have more than one like, I probably have considerably less posts actual liked by other members.

Is that because of @theefaith's aggressive attacks on anyone who is not a RCC adherent who have disagreed with the thrust of their posts.

I though that within the assembly of Christ's disciples, we are all to be of one mind with only one God that we worship.

I am glad that there is no record kept of peoples' dislikes of what we post.

Oh well,

Shalom

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does @theefaith have a ratio of less than 7% when we divide the likes that they have received by the number of posts that they have made, and probably the number of posts actually liked will be even less if we consider that there can be more than one like for a particular post that they have made.

Now I do not have whole hearted support or agreement from the membership of this forum, yet if I divide the number of likes I have received by the number of posts that I have made, I have a ratio of around 33% and if I consider the number of posts that have more than one like, I probably have considerably less posts actual liked by other members.

Is that because of @theefaith's aggressive attacks on anyone who is not a RCC adherent who have disagreed with the thrust of their posts.

I though that within the assembly of Christ's disciples, we are all to be of one mind with only one God that we worship.

I am glad that there is no record kept of peoples' dislikes of what we post.

Oh well,

Shalom

I did not know it was a popularity contest?

I am not attacking and one personally

only false doctrine

jude 1:3 contend for the faith

called to be faithful not successful

Reactions: Marymog

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not know it was a popularity contest?

I am not attacking and one personally

only false doctrine

jude 1:3 contend for the faith

called to be faithful not successful

But, and I say a big but, that is not what you are doing. Is the RCC the only denomination that has God's truth? Does your rhetoric really draw people into the loving arms of Christ?

Shalom

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, and I say a big but, that is not what you are doing. Is the RCC the only denomination that has God's truth? Does your rhetoric really draw people into the loving arms of Christ?

Shalom

there are no denominations only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
All other are the tradition of men full of error

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
there are no denominations only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
All other are the tradition of men full of error

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42
Just the thing you need to control others huh!.......very convenient.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the five solas biblical?

hope you can prove it with scripture?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are the five solas biblical?

hope you can prove it with scripture?
What do you care about scripture tf? Hasn't it just become another resource to underpin your objective of splicing pagan theories into the message of God's salvation?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far as I know pagan means the worship of creatures or creation!

I never said that!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As far as I know the worship of previous ancestors is a pagan activity and Mary is a previous ancestor for many.

Shalom

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do Protestants have?
stars in their crown?....because there wasn't enough room on their jackets!
Q: What’s the difference between an internet troll and a video game character?
A: Video game characters have lives!

• Haha

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I know the worship of previous ancestors is a pagan activity and Mary is a previous ancestor for many.

Shalom
Do you think Jesus and God worship Mary?

I guess I should 1st ask; how do YOU define worship in this convo.