Why do so many bury their Talent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I dont watch your Vid, but here are a few comments..

One of the reasons that people bury their Talent,.. hide it... never hone it and evolve it into "professional level"... is because they are afraid they will fail or they are afraid of an audience.

Fear is the opposite of Faith, so, what you fear is often the way you are to proceed.
Fear can often be the very wind that lifts your wings into the place where God wants you to FLY.
Often the very path you are to take is "scary", and that is because you have to Trust God and lean not to your own understanding.

What ive noticed, is that God is good all the time, and there is noone born, whom God has not gifted.
God has gifted everyone with some type of creative ability, and that is because God is a CREATOR, and we are "made in the image of God".

That's really just an Artist.

Everyone here, and everyone everywhere has some "ART" creative ability in them, as God is an Artist.. and we are "made in the image of God".
Just look around. Just look up..
See the color, the Creation, the sounds of Nature?
Thats God's ART.

The other thing ive noticed is that ... whatever it is.... if you can build, paint, speak, play, or even THINK, in a unique way regarding word play or creatively, .. If you will take that which you can do, and give it to God....Then God will multiply it back to you

Reader, you are the only one like you.. You are SPECIAL.. God made you uniquely YOU.
So, take YOU< and Give it all to God and God will take you and multiply.....
He'll enlarge, evolve, and deepen YOU.....if you will but say to God....>"I am YOURS... Im here for YOU.... Use ME...

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Episkopos

From your short video, you have demonstrated that your understanding of the Parable of the Talents is flawed.

The first question that needs to be answered is who is the "man" who goes away for a time and empowers his servants to administer his assets for his sole benefit.

The second question is what are the "fruits" of the man's Good and faithful servants as described within the parable itself.

What is described in the Parable of the Talents is Satan's plans to oppose the establishment of God's Everlasting Kingdom on the earth while he is imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit where he cannot exercise any influence over people while he is imprisoned in the Bottomless pit.

Since Christ stated that Money is the root of all evil, then why would he give money to His "servants?"

Your logic sounds good to the ears of people who cannot discern and who like the idea of receiving money for a time before having to give it back.

Oh well, we know that the pathway into God's Kingdom is narrow, but the way into Satan's kingdom is wide and easy to follow.

May the Lord continue to draw you into His righteousness and humble you to the point where you lay face down on the ground and weep for the falsehoods that you have created against God Himself. May you repent for your turning away from God so that He can heal the land that you have tilled and polluted.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I dont watch your Vid, but here are a few comments..

One of the reasons that people bury their Talent,.. hide it... never hone it and evolve it into "professional level"... is because they are afraid they will fail or they are afraid of an audience.

Fear is the opposite of Faith, so, what you fear is often the way you are to proceed.
Fear can often be the very wind that lifts your wings into the place where God wants you to FLY.
Often the very path you are to take is "scary", and that is because you have to Trust God and lean not to your own understanding.

What ive noticed, is that God is good all the time, and there is noone born, whom God has not gifted.
God has gifted everyone with some type of creative ability, and that is because God is a CREATOR, and we are "made in the image of God".

That's really just an Artist.

Everyone here, and everyone everywhere has some "ART" creative ability in them, as God is an Artist.. and we are "made in the image of God".
Just look around. Just look up..
See the color, the Creation, the sounds of Nature?
Thats God's ART.

The other thing ive noticed is that ... whatever it is.... if you can build, paint, speak, play, or even THINK, in a unique way regarding word play or creatively, .. If you will take that which you can do, and give it to God....Then God will multiply it back to you

Reader, you are the only one like you.. You are SPECIAL.. God made you uniquely YOU.
So, take YOU< and Give it all to God and God will take you and multiply.....
He'll enlarge, evolve, and deepen YOU.....if you will but say to God....>"I am YOURS... Im here for YOU.... Use ME.... .

He will..... every single time.

Behold you have committed an unintentional sin by joining in Wpiskopos' sin in his understanding of this parable.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos

From your short video, you have demonstrated that your understanding of the Parable of the Talents is flawed.

The first question that needs to be answered is who is the "man" who goes away for a time and empowers his servants to administer his assets for his sole benefit.

The second question is what are the "fruits" of the man's Good and faithful servants as described within the parable itself.

What is described in the Parable of the Talents is Satan's plans to oppose the establishment of God's Everlasting Kingdom on the earth while he is imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit where he cannot exercise any influence over people while he is imprisoned in the Bottomless pit.

Since Christ stated that Money is the root of all evil, then why would he give money to His "servants?"

Your logic sounds good to the ears of people who cannot discern and who like the idea of receiving money for a time before having to give it back.

Oh well, we know that the pathway into God's Kingdom is narrow, but the way into Satan's kingdom is wide and easy to follow.

May the Lord continue to draw you into His righteousness and humble you to the point where you lay face down on the ground and weep for the falsehoods that you have created against God Himself. May you repent for your turning away from God so that He can heal the land that you have tilled and polluted.

Shalom
I think you are mixing up the Bible with the devil's handbook here. It isn't right to attribute the words of Jesus concerning His kingdom with that of the devil.

You are in serious need of instruction.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a quick-vid from the latest podcast that begs the question...why do so many bury their talent?
Nice building block of info. :) here are my 2 cents.

People fear because of weak foundations. Truth seeking requires a personality to resist the tide of complacent consensus. It is easier to dine with many with worldly consent than forage in the wilderness in obedience to God.
Herein lies the strong delusion (the unbelief post is still lingering). Because they like the beach, they view the mountain as inhospitable. So to speak with the sea people they learn foreign magical lore of the sea as if it is their own. To avoid ridicule from the proverbs, psalms and prophecies, they invoke signs and wonders of another systematic.

Couldn't find the exact verse with keywords fear and foundation. but consider

Isaiah 28:16
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

2 Timothy 3:8
Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold you have committed an unintentional sin by joining in Wpiskopos' sin in his understanding of this parable.

'funny", thank you,.

I have not watched the Op's video.
All i did was reply to the Threads Title, with some encouragement, as no doubt Episkopo's video is nothing more then his usual endless condemnation of every believer, who is currently breathing, other than himself, or J. Calvin.

So, i wrote about how all of us are unique diamonds in the rough, who are being faceted by God's creative hands over time.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think you are mixing up the Bible with the devil's handbook here. It isn't right to attribute the words of Jesus concerning His kingdom with that of the devil.

You are in serious need of instruction.

No, that is not true.

God is going to judge the heavenly hosts in heaven and the kings of the earth on the earth and together they will be imprisoned in a pit in the earth for many days to await the time of their punishment. (Isa 24:21-22)

The question that Jesus is answering in the Parable of the Minas told to the crowd on His way up from Jericho to Bethany to those around Him who were excitedly talking about God's kingdom being established by Christ during the forthcoming Passover, is "What will the Kingdom of God look like?"

When will God judge the Kings of the earth and the Heavenly Hosts?

Answer, when the kings of the earth gather together at Armageddon for one last push against God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts to to trample over them just before the completion of the 2,300-year prophecy in Dan 8.

When does God intend to establish His Everlasting Kingdom that cannot be overcome? Again, in Dan 2's Statue Prophecy God intends to establish His Everlasting Kingdom during the time of the kings of the fifth segment of the Statue prophecy.

In the Parables of the Minas and the Talents, Who is not entitled to the Harvest?

In Matthew this is the answer of the man who goes away for a time: -

“But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.​

In the Luke account this is what the man who goes away for a time: -

‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. For I feared you, because you are [f]an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow.

During the last and Seventh Age who has access to the people of the earth, for the majority of this seventh age?

Is it not Christ that has access to the peoples of the earth? Does He not have dominion over the peoples of the earth that they should worship/serve Him? Is not Satan during the first 1,000-years of the Seventh Age imprisoned in the Bottomless pit have no means of influencing the people of the earth until he, the Beast, the False prophet and the judged kings of the earth are released from the Bottomless pit?

Who then is the man who goes away for a time to get a kingdom during the Seventh Age? Is it not Satan?

You boldly stated that I need "serious instruction. That It isn't right to attribute the words of Jesus concerning His kingdom with that of the devil."

I ask you, "Is it not Satan's intent to oppose God's establishment of His Everlasting Kingdon through his good and faithful servants by giving his servants "money" so as they can be somewhat effective in their opposition to God's Everlasting Kingdom?"

Which servant of Satan was the most righteous?

I rest my case and allow God to do the correcting and the renewing of your mind.

Shalom

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahem. Didn't Christ say the love of money is the root of all evil?

Money is a great invention that allows infinite more efficiency that the alternative, bartering.

Like the rock that Cain used to kill Able, it is not the thing that is evil but how we use it. Money, along with sex and power are man's great IDOLS. We are supposed to love God and use Money - not the other way around.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'funny", thank you,.

I have not watched the Op's video.
All i did was reply to the Threads Title, with some encouragement, as no doubt Episkopo's video is nothing more then his usual endless condemnation of every believer, who is currently breathing, other than himself, or J. Calvin.

So, i wrote about how all of us are unique diamonds in the rough, who are being faceted by God's creative hands over time.

You spoke of the "Talent" as a gift from God, thereby corrupting the Parable of the Talents where the given monetary value has disappeared from view and a "we must work hard" attitude prevails.

There is really no difference in your understanding of the parable of the talents from Episkops's.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ahem. Didn't Christ say the love of money is the root of all evil?

Money is a great invention that allows infinite more efficiency that the alternative, bartering.

Like the rock that Cain used to kill Able, it is not the thing that is evil but how we use it. Money, along with sex and power are man's great IDOLS. We are supposed to love God and use Money - not the other way around.

Really. The parables of the Minas and the Talents is all about oppressing the people around the Good and faithful Servants of the man who goes away for a time, through the multiplying of that money through the lending of it at interest with many other clauses attached so that the person the money is lent to has no time to contemplate God's Gift of Salvation.

Technically, you have correctly quoted the passage, but the intent of what was said is that the money corrupts us such that we turn away from God and focus on the making of more money. The love of that work, to make more money, is the evil that Jesus was talking about through the oppression of other people's live through the trading with that money.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You spoke of the "Talent" as a gift from God, thereby corrupting the Parable of the Talents

Can there not be a Talent that is a gift, as well as a Talent that is related to money?

God gives gifts to his children, and that can be out of God's "riches in Glory".
But it can also be a divine skill, as a talent., that you are born with, and its from God.

Its a talent to be able to do something, naturally, that other people have to try to work to perform.

"talent".
"gift".

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Why do so many bury their Talent?​

Bury their talent? I would say it's on full display dressed in the finest garb of me me me me and my theology.....see how right I am, and oh, you, yes so so wrong, here are 103 scriptures to prove it.

Isn't this the trajectory of most posts in this community?

Did you say you are a follower of the Nazarene? I would never have known it. Perhaps you could introduce me?

Reactions: Wrangler

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can there not be a Talent that is a gift, as well as a Talent that is related to money?

God gives gifts to his children, and that can be out of God's "riches in Glory".
But it can also be a divine skill, as a talent., that you are born with, and its from God.

Its a talent to be able to do something, naturally, that other people have to try to work to perform.

"talent".
"gift".

Yes, but mixing the meanings leads to confusion.

The meaning of the word "Talents" has been modified by the Church to have a very different meaning from its original meaning during the time of Christ.

In the Parable of the Minas, Christ told his audience that the man had to tell his servants to trade with the minas that he had given each of them. In the Parable of the Talents, his audience knew that the master would have expected his servants to trade with the talents given.

But you want to talk about a person's abilities/giftings using the modern day meaning of the word instead of using the context and meaning of the word "talent" in Jesus' day.

In John 6 when Jesus was asked what the people had to do to bring in the Kingdom of God, his answer was simply for them to believe in Him whom God had sent. The instruction is also true for us today. What become hard for them was that Jesus said that they had to eat of his flesh and drink of his blood.

Shalom

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What become hard for them was that Jesus said that they had to eat of his flesh and drink of his blood.

That is because they didnt understand that Jesus is the Bread of Life, come down from Heaven, among other things..

Jesus is spiritual light and life, in every word... So, He is 'speaking spiritually" to carnal minds, and this is a total communication disconnect.

When Jesus said eat and drink, that is Spiritual......it means BELIEVE and RECEIVE by Faith.

We take Christ into our HEARTS by faith..... and that is to "eat my flesh and drink my blood".

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is because they didn't understand that Jesus is the Bread of Life, come down from Heaven, among other things..

Jesus is spiritual light and life, in every word... So, He is 'speaking spiritually" to carnal minds, and this is a total communication disconnect.

When Jesus said eat and drink, that is Spiritual......it means BELIEVE and RECEIVE by Faith.

We take Christ into our HEARTS by faith..... and that is to "eat my flesh and drink my blood".

Ah, Behold, it seems to me that you are tared by the same brush that our friend @Episkopos has been tared with. Twisting the words of Christ to justify your belief system.

Oh well have a good day then.