Why do so many christians Hate Israel..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction:
Romans 9:13
God's Sovereign Choice
…12not by works but by Him who calls, she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13So it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” 14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Certainly not!…

Christians love Jacob (Israel) it is Esau who is hated and that is for God. There is a mystery concerning :" all of Israel shall be saved" The Lord is talking about Jacob - the remnant . What seems to be "Israel" -Esau and his offspring are NOT! God knows who is Israel and it those in whom He prevails. Hence, ISRAEL and its meaning- 'May God prevail or will prevail" denoting HOPE and WILL. This is the desire for Jacob. In the story of Jacob , we learn he wrestled with an angel and did prevail. The angel was an example of the adversary . The real adversary is an angel and we know that is Lucifer. Though he did not wrestle with a fallen angel but rather a heavenly angel, heaven was strengthening Jacob and telling the remnant of , God will prepare you for the REAL confrontation. Those who are grafted into the Apple tree Jacob (Israel) too are part of the house of David. Christians are for Jacob-Israel but not for the Edom Jews agenda against Jacob. God will contend with the enemies of His will.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correction:
God's Sovereign Choice
…12not by works but by Him who calls, she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13So it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” 14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Certainly not!…

Christians love Jacob (Israel) it is Esau who is hated and that is for God. There is a mystery concerning :" all of Israel shall be saved" The Lord is talking about Jacob - the remnant . What seems to be "Israel" -Esau and his offspring are NOT! God knows who is Israel and it those in whom He prevails. Hence, ISRAEL and its meaning- 'May God prevail or will prevail" denoting HOPE and WILL. This is the desire for Jacob. In the story of Jacob , we learn he wrestled with an angel and did prevail. The angel was an example of the adversary . The real adversary is an angel and we know that is Lucifer. Though he did not wrestle with a fallen angel but rather a heavenly angel, heaven was strengthening Jacob and telling the remnant of , God will prepare you for the REAL confrontation. Those who are grafted into the Apple tree Jacob (Israel) too are part of the house of David. Christians are for Jacob-Israel but not for the Edom Jews agenda against Jacob. God will contend with the enemies of His will.
Can you repeat that in english, what is your point....The question is why do christians hate Israel, that is no answer...

Reactions: Nancy

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simple question, let the flames ignite.

Well, I can't speak for all Christendom, but for my own part: don't hate Israel at all, in fact, I root for them. I'm often accused of hating them as I'm an Amillennialist, so I often get thrown the "replacement theology" tag, but in my experience not many people actually know, or care to find out what we actually think the bible says about Israel. But it's not hate and its not one of replacement or abandonment.
I suppose if I was going to have a guess at why Christians 'hated' Israel, I'd suggest that they swallowed the lie that tells us that Israel has committed war crimes against the Palestinian people. I doubt that Israel is perfect, but people only need to scratch the surface of historical facts to know that the majority of the Palestinian suffering comes at the hands of their Islamic masters. As Christians, we ought to care about both people groups, but assigning blame to a people not responsible will not see the oppressed people getting the help they need.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I can't speak for all Christendom, but for my own part: don't hate Israel at all, in fact, I root for them. I'm often accused of hating them as I'm an Amillennialist, so I often get thrown the "replacement theology" tag, but in my experience not many people actually know, or care to find out what we actually think the bible says about Israel. But it's not hate and its not one of replacement or abandonment.
I suppose if I was going to have a guess at why Christians 'hated' Israel, I'd suggest that they swallowed the lie that tells us that Israel has committed war crimes against the Palestinian people. I doubt that Israel is perfect, but people only need to scratch the surface of historical facts to know that the majority of the Palestinian suffering comes at the hands of their Islamic masters. As Christians, we ought to care about both people groups, but assigning blame to a people not responsible will not see the oppressed people getting the help they need.

After all is said and done!!!! All that enter into the Kingdom will be considered Israel! So maybe if you hate Israel, you might be hating yourself! Jew, known from the area of the Judean, also excepted by the Tribe of Judah, those remaining in the land after the 10 Northern Tribes were Scattered, figuratively called Jews. Paul states there is neither Jew or Gentile, but all are Grafted into the Root and Fatness of Israel, and all share in the Commonwealth of Israel, which before they knew not God, but through the Savior have come to know God, So the Common - Commonwealth is God!!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I can't believe this site allows someone to blatantly admit that they're trolling, and let them get away with this. People have been saying this sight is going downhill, I guess they were right. Ignored.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
After all is said and done!!!! All that enter into the Kingdom will be considered Israel! So maybe if you hate Israel, you might be hating yourself! Jew, known from the area of the Judean, also excepted by the Tribe of Judah, those remaining in the land after the 10 Northern Tribes were Scattered, figuratively called Jews. Paul states there is neither Jew or Gentile, but all are Grafted into the Root and Fatness of Israel, and all share in the Commonwealth of Israel, which before they knew not God, but through the Savior have come to know God, So the Common - Commonwealth is God!!

Ah...I'm not sure I see your point, sorry. The question of the OP, I thought, was why so many 'Christians' hated Israel. I took that to be National Israel. If we're talking about the Church, which scripture also calls true spiritual Israel, then the OP wouldn't make much sense, would it, because then they'd be hating themselves.
But, just for the sake of clarity, yes, I agree that scripture says that there is only one way to the Father, through Christ Jesus...that includes Jews. Therefore whenever any Jew comes to Christ, they become a member of his body, the Church. And in the Church, or, if you want, true spiritual Israel, there is no 'Jew or Greek'....we all just Christians now.
But that does still leave a question about 'National Israel', does it not? Do we say that God has totally abandoned them? There are many ideas on this, but I believe both scripture and history would suggest otherwise. But, that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Too many Christians have been fed the lie of Replacement Theology. Therefore they think that Israel has no reason to exist (just like the Arabs and Muslims).

The truth is that the Church and redeemed Israel will both exist at the same time and for eternity.

Reactions: Stan B

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah...I'm not sure I see your point, sorry. The question of the OP, I thought, was why so many 'Christians' hated Israel. I took that to be National Israel. If we're talking about the Church, which scripture also calls true spiritual Israel, then the OP wouldn't make much sense, would it, because then they'd be hating themselves.
But, just for the sake of clarity, yes, I agree that scripture says that there is only one way to the Father, through Christ Jesus...that includes Jews. Therefore whenever any Jew comes to Christ, they become a member of his body, the Church. And in the Church, or, if you want, true spiritual Israel, there is no 'Jew or Greek'....we all just Christians now.
But that does still leave a question about 'National Israel', does it not? Do we say that God has totally abandoned them? There are many ideas on this, but I believe both scripture and history would suggest otherwise. But, that's just my opinion.
I guess poeple keep forgetting there where 12 tribes, 10 of which seemed to get lost in the world, but that will all return to Israel. Gods promises are yes and amen, people seem to forget that.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't believe this site allows someone to blatantly admit that they're trolling, and let them get away with this. People have been saying this sight is going downhill, I guess they were right. Ignored.
According to you, anyone who disagrees with you is a troll, ive noticed that. And this is a relevant question it has become quiet a movement the christian circles of late, funny just so close to our Lords return.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess poeple keep forgetting there where 12 tribes, 10 of which seemed to get lost in the world, but that will all return to Israel. Gods promises are yes and amen, people seem to forget that.

Honestly, I have not dug into that. But, I think when it comes down to bloodlines and tribes, we may trust God to know such things. For my part, I see Romans 9-11 as not only a promise to draw national Israel to Christ, the Olive Tree Paul is speaking of, the one that unbelieving Jews have been 'broken off', but also as a call for Christians to love these lost people. For they are currently lost and 'broken off' in order that God's grace may be extended to us. We need to love them until that time when we can call them brothers and sisters in truth.
I also see that the Jewish people as a whole, and especially as they are now, could not have survived without God's sovereign hand over them. Surely we must acknowledge that even as they currently exist as a secular nation, the simple fact that they returned to claim their homeland in such a weakened state, against such odds, and yet only 70 years later are considered the 8th most powerful Country in the world, abounding in technology, wealth and produce?
No, they do not currently praise and glory God, but he loves them on account of their forefathers, and one day (soon, I hope) will open their eyes to the truth of their Messiah.

According to you, anyone who disagrees with you is a troll, ive noticed that. And this is a relevant question it has become quiet a movement the christian circles of late, funny just so close to our Lords return.

Did you ever see the movie "The Princess Bride"? Where the guy keeps saying "Inconceivable!" And Indigo corrects him, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."
I too have been placed on the "Ignore" list for being a "troll". Problem being, all I did was disagree with him and point out his startling inconsistencies. He no doubt thinks he is giving us short shrift by ignoring us, not seeing the irony in the fact that all he's doing is removing someone who apparently enjoys jumping at shadows and insulting us from our society. I suspect we'll live.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction:
God's Sovereign Choice

I don't think God hated either..it's just an allegory to the moral of that story which didn't mean God hated Esau and loved Jacob, I think it just means God hated wickedness and loved righteousness more..but he used Esau and Jacob to describe those two things...even though Jacob did a righteous thing and Esau did a wicked thing.. remember love the sinner...hate the sin...etc

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And just because the Lord uses certain names in the bible doesn't mean it's that literal thing, like just because it says Israel doesn't mean it's the capital of Jerusalem Israel, sometimes God uses names to call his people ..like how he changed Saul to Paul etc.. the Lord could use one character of the bible and give it many names to keep in incognito...lol just like some of you give your kids nicknames...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have never met a Christian who hated Israel, God's son!!

‘Thus says the Lord, “Israel is My son, My firstborn. Exodus 4:22

I do not for a moment believe that someone who hates Israel can possibly be a Christian!!
now that really is taking things out of context,. lets add the other bits.

Exo 4:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
Exo 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
Exo 4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Oh thats right he was talking abut the Israelites....

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you hate on something when you don't even know what it is...ha what the hell? You don't even know who Isreal is yet y'all ask a question like that? The real question should be who exactly is Isreal? That's like saying you don't believe in God but you are mad at him..anyone who doesn't believe in God can't possibly hate on him or be mad at him if in thier eyes if God doesnt exist..just like you can't judge or make assumptions about someone you don't know...

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you repeat that in english, what is your point....The question is why do christians hate Israel, that is no answer...
Maybe English is not your first language? I answered and gave clarity as to what God means about True Israel. And again,Christians do not hate Israel but rather the Edom Jew's agenda and it is against the Goyim as they call the gentile and Jacob. God will take care of everything and will protect the True House of David. In conclusion , if people call themselves Christian yet HATE Israel then they are simply wolves in Sheep's clothing NOT CHRISTIANS. And quite frankly this bait and switch/switch and bait against Christians is part of the Edom Jews agenda. They want to silence Christians and make them afraid to say ANYTHING against the false Jew. How about this: Why do Edom Jews hate Yeshua and the House of Jacob? that is the real issue. Maybe you need to learn who the real Israel is. Here, something from the REAL HOUSE of DAVID- the lineage of Jacob- the REAL ISRAEL, Jews inwardly as is the standard according to CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE, two of my brothers .

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Your question was pointless because Christians do not hate Israel! Satan and his servants hate Israel.

I fully understand what SovereignGrace is saying. She was giving a very clear and solid answer from a Scriptural perspective, and certainly the way I view the matter. SG comes across as being very well studied and theologically astute person.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe English is not your first language? I answered and gave clarity as to what God means about True Israel. And again,Christians do not hate Israel but rather the Edom Jew's agenda
What is an Edom Jew? I have never heard the term before. It is an apparent contradiction of terms.