Why do so many still want to migrate to the US?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is something I just don't understand, I saw the border wall on the news the other night, and many are still wanting to migrate to USA for a better life, but it seems like a dangerous country at the moment, this is what I don't understand, why don't they migrate to a place like Costa Rica instead?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole world is a bigger mess than it's ever been. The violent outbreaks being seen in the news is rooted in agenda. Many of the "mass murderers" are MK Ultra, mind control victims who were programmed assassins. Their programming is activated and they go on a shooting spree. Then the media makes it even worse with their twists and hiding the truth and the government uses it to justify taking away more of our rights.

I do believe the US is leading the world in the race toward NWO.

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
Even the poor and the lower income classes in the US are very rich compared to the rest of the world. I've lived outside of the US for more than 20 years and in most countries of the world the US is still the preferred destination, with Canada and the EU being at the top of the list as well. Unless you are rich, your life in most countries of the world is very difficult and any place in US society is preferable.

The other main factor is momentum. Many people have set going to the US as a lifelong goal and those type of goals don't shift quickly.

One of the most disturbing comments I saw repeated over and over again after the November election was basically, "Oh no, now the US is just like our country with corrupt elections". That was a blow to worldwide freedom as well as US freedom.

Reactions: amadeus

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even the poor and the lower income classes in the US are very rich compared to the rest of the world. I've lived outside of the US for more than 20 years and in most countries of the world the US is still the preferred destination, with Canada and the EU being at the top of the list as well. Unless you are rich, your life in most countries of the world is very difficult and any place in US society is preferable.

The other main factor is momentum. Many people have set going to the US as a lifelong Irwin, goal and those type of goals don't shift quickly.

One of the most disturbing comments I saw repeated over and over again after the November election was basically, "Oh no, now the US is just like our country with corrupt elections". That was a blow to worldwide freedom as well as US freedom.
Just noticed where you live Irwin, came out to Cyprus for my sons wedding ( my first real holiday abroad - five years ago ) very hot !!!! ( but loved it x )
I think many people are just so desperate to escape and I doubt the issues are even known or seen by those desperate to go some place else. They just ‘ go ‘ and believe it will be better. They probably believe the reteric that ‘ it is the land of the free ‘ ............
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I do believe the US is leading the world in the race toward NWO.
Not sure many here would agree with that statement, I think they see Europe, U.K. as already being in the lead.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure many here would agree with that statement, I think they see Europe, U.K. as already being in the lead.
I wouldn't argue it... it's probably a close race all the way around. lol

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The poorest in America have an equivalent lifestyle to the upper middle class of the rest of the world. Jobs are plentiful here... even for unskilled or low skilled labor.

Middle class here is like the wealthiest areas of the rest of the world. Commodities like petrol or food is relatively cheap by comparison of wages here. So we have an extremely high standard of living. Things that you might consider a weekly or monthly treat we usually can afford on a daily basis. (So long as it doesn't involve purchasing labor to accomplish)

Groceries for the poorest amongst us is usually around one day's wages for a week's worth of food. For the middle class or upper middle (who eat in restaurants excessively) it's even less.

There usually is a need to travel to work and the shops. Everyone has their own car. Nobody usually walks to a store or work. In a few of the largest cities there is some form of public transportation that is fairly reliable but... again it's not in every city or it's very limited in where it is accessable.
But since wages are high... completely affordable.
But because of the wages...there are many more products available to purchase on an everyday basis. And with online shopping, even obscure products are usually easily available. (Except for the particular things I'm always looking for)

In Brazil the little city I was in had a hamburger stand one day a week...the town got excited when he would show up two times each week. In Europe there were three grocery stores within walking distance. The fields where the wheat was grown and milled for the fresh bread from the bakery sold in the stores we passed on the way into town. That doesn't happen here. Our wheat is usually grown and milled thousands of kilometers away from where it is purchased where we usually have to drive dozens of kilometers to get to the store to purchase. (If you actually make sandwiches in your home)

Not very many people garden here to suppliment their groceries...some in the more rural or suburban communities do. We don't need to. They do taste better usually...but it's not necessary.

For us...housing can cost anywhere from ¼ to ½ of a months wages. In the cities it can get very expensive. In the rural communities it gets much cheaper...only costs a fraction. So many people drive the long distance on a daily basis. Hence we have traffic jams extending 20 KM or more. 5 lanes of traffic full to the brim going 10/kmh.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something I just don't understand, I saw the border wall on the news the other night, and many are still wanting to migrate to USA for a better life, but it seems like a dangerous country at the moment, this is what I don't understand, why don't they migrate to a place like Costa Rica instead?
Interesting post.
---
Unites States is a nation of immigrants.
The early settlers ( during the first immigration period ) came...
- From England & Continent.
Many of them..to escape persecution from 'State & Church Establishment.'
- Seeking 'spiritual freedom.'
----
Later on, US/North America became the popular destination for immigrants..from around the world.
- Primary factor/focus..to seek material things, wealth, etc..
----
Well known Quote about..
'Life Cycle of a Nation/Society'
9 stages/phases
---
1st stage
From Bondage to Spiritual faith/awakening
---
2nd stage &...
Courage
Liberty
Abundance
Complacency
Apathy
Dependency ( on money )
Bondage
---
Stage 9
From Bondage to back to 'Spiritual Faith/Awakening...'
---
It seems that this quote/cycle is.. relevant/applicable to US.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDB

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because as bad as it currently is here (since an old fart and the wicked witch of the west are at the commands of our country at the moment,.. actually the first one is really a puppet) most countries have it a LOT worse than we do and Americans still have a lot to be grateful for believe it or not.

Reactions: JohnDB

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The poorer countries live in a fantasy about the rich countries just as the rich countries live in a fantasy about their own and the denial of the struggle of the poor.
The mainstream movement of the kingdom of men is oppressive when there is something to gain.....even when there is nothing to gain.

One does not need to go far to see. If denial and prejudice were shelved for a moment one only needs to look at ones own heart......particularly if placed in a position of power.....but am I telling you anything you don't already know?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The poorer countries live in a fantasy about the rich countries just as the rich countries live in a fantasy about their own and the denial of the struggle of the poor.
The mainstream movement of the kingdom of men is oppressive when there is something to gain.....even when there is nothing to gain.

One does not need to go far to see. If denial and prejudice were shelved for a moment one only needs to look at ones own heart......particularly if placed in a position of power.....but am I telling you anything you don't already know?

Would you think Australia could match USA's level of immigration, if there was more housing, more infrastructure, if the feds relaxed some of the border restrictions, changed the way refugees are processed, and started allowing the boats back in?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is something I just don't understand, I saw the border wall on the news the other night, and many are still wanting to migrate to USA for a better life, but it seems like a dangerous country at the moment

Where they are coming from is more dangerous.
I just recently saw a documentary about "street people" in American cities.
If the government puts these documentaries on big screens at the border, these illegals might turn around.
It's sickening what I saw in these documentaries and some consider the USA one of the richest countries in the world.
Most of the cases are drug addicts. Beats me why we don't crack down more severely on drug dealers.
But of course the bottomline is Jesus Christ, yet most people don't understand.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you think Australia could match USA's level of immigration, if there was more housing, more infrastructure, if the feds relaxed some of the border restrictions, changed the way refugees are processed, and started allowing the boats back in?

You would still need jobs and quality of lifestyle improvements. The water issues are also a bit of an issue. Australia is still a bit dry for most people. In the outback water has to be trucked in. And that daily shower is not going to be in the cards. It's not like there's a creek, river, or lake handy for your water needs.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sure a compassionate solution is available without being exploited. Unscrupulous operators will always be. How is it that we can land men on the moon....make computers that boggle the mind.....spend billions upon billions on war and its maintenance yet need to put draconian policies in place which disadvantage the most vulnerable but make it appear we are stretched to the limit?

Reactions: Josho

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if the USA just took over Mexico and made it another State of the USA ? just a thought ? and then all of South America ?
Would the USA want such land ? or is it the people that they don't want ?

If the USA did take over all of such I think such would progress out of poverty, that's just one thought, but then again from what I have seen many poor Nations like that look to be happy people or content, not to mention I am looking at bike riders from the USA on the Net called Two wheeled Texans, even going down to Mexico and even some all the way down to all of South America and it's interesting, they take photos of all and the people that they met motels where they stayed and power black outs and no tap water at times fuel shortages you name it etc, well that reminds me of when I was a boy were we lived had some what diversity's as well but you adapt to such. when it flooded you were cut off, it was no big deal as you were prepared for such things.
Living in the big city now and we got a flood and talk about idiots they were not prepared and they lever learn, they are still totally ignorant, because they live in a fantasy land with lack of common sense.

I like living out in the bush and I go out camping and riding my dirt bike were no one lives for miles and I know many people who are to fearful of coming out camping were I do and even some riding bikes have said out of fear not to ride in some spots as you can not see the sun.

Looking at were these photos and all of people riding in the USA outback and such and down south makes me wish I was not so old, I should of went and done such when I was younger.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where they are coming from is more dangerous.
I just recently saw a documentary about "street people" in American cities.
If the government puts these documentaries on big screens at the border, these illegals might turn around.
It's sickening what I saw in these documentaries and some consider the USA one of the richest countries in the world.
Most of the cases are drug addicts. Beats me why we don't crack down more severely on drug dealers.
But of course the bottomline is Jesus Christ, yet most people don't understand.
Some people one just can not help because they will not do anything, we have such people who don't have to live on the streets but they want to live on the streets.
We have Abo community's that fully rely on the Government, they are just like chooks and when the floods came they all would not lift a finger to help anyone all they did was complain and totally abuse all who came to help the bludging no hopers, it's the same with all bludgers. they have never had to truly think for themselves. they are just gastropods.

We have the Government supporting the foundations of trash only because they are like a squeaky wheel, yet the Government is on the other hand abusing working people who do the right thing with underhanded game plays undermining us. no wonder some people just give up and go live on the streets ? I have talked to such people and they are content with what they are doing in some regards, they don't want to work. many they don't care for themselves or others ? so what can you do, they are un employable as they will just steal from you with no regards at all.
It's bad enough nowadays with most people just to get people to turn up for work or on time etc because they do not have a work ethic.

Some people just have not much self control over themselves, you see the same people coming in buying grog everyday, now lets say they get a 6 pack of beer and I may say why don't you just buy a carton and over the week, months and years you will save a lot of money, but the fact is if they do buy the carton they will just drink it all that night.

Drug dealing is about money, so if their is money to be made you have no hope of stoping such at all. drugs generate money in the community and that's why Governments let it go as they do. it creates jobs, insurance company's are built up on back of such of peoples fears.
Look at AIDS that was another opportunity of wealth creation industry, if one had a cure for such the whole industry would die and millions of dollars lost every year and think about the jobs lost, so no wonder they promote the life style of morons 24/7 and demand anyone who is against such is taboo.
So people who are truly political minds take advantage of such as that's what such a profession is truly all about, they are in a business as well and the 2 major Party's are in cahoots on leading the people down the garden path, for their own ends in fact.
Now if we had a free and open Media such could be exposed, but just look at how much Government money goes to prop up the MSM with ads for a start that feed the great Whore that sells delusions as well. they are in cahoots in fact. that's why they fear Trump because he is not a politician.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why don't they migrate to a place like Costa Rica instead?
Costa Rica won't give them the freebies and the passes for criminal activity that the Democrats offer as though this is not their country. The southern border is controlled by the Mexican cartels, who are reaping the rewards of drug and human trafficking like never before.

Fentanyl Seizures At Southern US Border Spike 4000%
Fentanyl Seizures At Southern US Border Spike 4000% | ZeroHedge

And the enemies of America have been hard at work to ensure that hundreds of thousands of migrant invaders come into the USA so that it is eventually destroyed from inside. There is a plan behind all of this, and all that the weak and ineffective governors of the border states can do is wring their hands and complain.

The governors of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California had a whole year to plan for a border invasion and SHUT IT DOWN (in case Biden won fraudulently). They could even have summoned the National Guards. But they chose to stand by and allow the border to be totally undermined and destroyed.

In fact they could have sent emissaries to Mexico and Central America, warning the governments that illegal border crossings would not be allowed. They could have even distributed Spanish pamphlets throughout that whole region informing people that no country in the world allows illegal border crossings, and it would not be tolerated any longer.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Costa Rica won't give them the freebies and the passes for criminal activity that the Democrats offer as though this is not their country. The southern border is controlled by the Mexican cartels, who are reaping the rewards of drug and human trafficking like never before.

However from what I have seen, Costa Rica may be a safer country than USA, I think it's one of the safest countries in Central America and the salaries in Costa Rica aren't that bad.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However from what I have seen, Costa Rica may be a safer country than USA, I think it's one of the safest countries in Central America and the salaries in Costa Rica aren't that bad.
However they are not interested in a migrant invasion. They are content with being Costa Ricans and having tourists visit their beautiful country. It is the only country in the world without an army, and I have visited Costa Rica.

Reactions: Josho