why do some people have moustaches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well some men like having mustaches, I personally like having facial hair, for some reason my beard grows way quicker than my mustache, my mustache has barely grown over 2 years or more hahaha. Where as my beard go grow longer than my mustache in maybe a bit under 3 weeks. Of course though I wish I could grow the wild west Texas mustache. Those Texans are great at growing mustaches.

Reactions: Willie T

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When I met my husband, he was in the RAF. He had a moustache then, but wasn't allowed to grow a beard. When he came out, I insisted that he grew a beard as well - was fed up with harsh bristles in the morning!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I met my husband, he was in the RAF. He had a moustache then, but wasn't allowed to grow a beard. When he came out, I insisted that he grew a beard as well - was fed up with harsh bristles in the morning!

Ye honestly my face felt like sandpaper yesterday, because I just shaved like 2 days ago, it's not as harsh now hahaha, but it was after I shaved it, I usually have a beard, 2 days ago was like the first time I completely shaved off the beard in 3 years, otherwise I usually just trim it every few months haha, I wasn't brave enough to shave the mustache, as that has been 2 years of hard work or so, and it's grown so slow, it's still only a short mustache hahahha.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it's more of a gay thing nowadays.
Or maybe they look more like a boy without such or it just suits them.

I had just a trim natural beard, but now I started losing hair, it started in round spots and moved about growing back where it fell out and now it's gone bar for some clumps on my chin and middle of my neck and now it's started on my head with round spots, my brother pointed out to me, look you are going balled, but that point is growing back now and moved to the front side,
So I look like cat weasel now, so I have to shave and I don't like to shave because I see it as an offence to God for a Christian man to shave.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it's more of a gay thing nowadays.
Or maybe they look more like a boy without such or it just suits them.

I had just a trim natural beard, but now I started losing hair, it started in round spots and moved about growing back where it fell out and now it's gone bar for some clumps on my chin and middle of my neck and now it's started on my head with round spots, my brother pointed out to me, look you are going balled, but that point is growing back now and moved to the front side,
So I look like cat weasel now, so I have to shave and I don't like to shave because I see it as an offence to God for a Christian man to shave.

Please be mindful that there are straight Christian men without beards too, and prefer having a clean shaven look.

It used the be trendy for guys to be clean shaven, and in some jobs even a requirement, and that was not long ago. But beards have made a nice and strong comeback in the western world.

-------------------------

On a sad separate note though, there are even bearded guys these days dressing up as women............

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please be mindful that there are straight Christian men without beards too, and prefer having a clean shaven look.

It used the be trendy for guys to be clean shaven, and in some jobs even a requirement, and that was not long ago. But beards have made a nice and strong comeback in the western world.

-------------------------

On a sad separate note though, there are even bearded guys these days dressing up as women............
Don't I know it My dad was clean shaven and boy did I cop it, we don't like you have a beard Reggie ! what do you think you do.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in Movember......

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some women have moustaches also. Particularly older folk. It has to do with high levels of hormones [androgen and testosterone]. Then there's the genetic element involved in some situations....

I'm not sure if i'd like to see women sporting a moustache as a fad kinda thing....I think that would be awful. Perhaps the feminist movement could use this as a symbol for their movement but they wouldn't....It's too male :):);)

Reactions: amadeus and Pisteuo

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some women have moustaches also. Particularly older folk. It has to do with high levels of hormones [androgen and testosterone]. Then there's the genetic element involved in some situations....

I'm not sure if i'd like to see women sporting a moustache as a fad kinda thing....I think that would be awful. Perhaps the feminist movement could use this as a symbol for their movement but they wouldn't....It's too male :):);)

i live in a very liberal town - lots of feminist and a large population of LGBTQ people. Public nudity is not criminalized here - police will ask people if they are ok and often end up taking them for a psych evaluation, but if you go to a festival - the clothes come off. I stay away from festivals!

Anyway, recently, I saw a young women walking across campus with no shirt and a full beard - no joke.