Why do we not hear a National call to Pray for the People of Texas and All our country?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we not hear a National call to Pray for the People of Texas and All our country? We need God but our leaders are afraid to even say the word God and to ask for prayer!!! PTL for President Trump who speaks of God more than any other national leader. But where are our "church" leaders??

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we not hear a National call to Pray for the People of Texas and All our country? We need God but our leaders are afraid to even say the word God and to ask for prayer!!! PTL for President Trump who speaks of God more than any other national leader. But where are our "church" leaders??
Because they are scared to offend all other beliefs. They might be considered racist or prejudice. Christians no longer have the guts to stand for jesus Christ alone. My access to internet is hindered at this time else I would say more. I will get back when I can. Stranger

Reactions: Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why do we not hear a National call to Pray for the People
we did; @Sword put it out. I could go dig it up for you if you like.
of Texas and All our country?
oh, "country;" completely diff concept. Of course they do not need God, they have FEMA to trust in, and what Stranger said from there
We need God but our leaders
your leaders, not my leaders
PTL for President Trump who speaks of God more than any other national leader.
hilarious, as he has openly, many times, demanded that he has nothing to ask forgiveness for, especially from God.
But where are our "church" leaders?
ha well i guess yours are patting Trump on the back and telling him what a boss he is, and for my part i am following @Sword in this matter. So, depends what you mean by "church" i guess.

this comes off harsh, which i don't mean ok, i pray for Trump don't get me wrong, and i am only trying to point out that you are putting your faith in a divided house, and your own statements are going to be used against you ok.

Because if you PTL for them, and claim them as your leaders, then your allegiance is made clear, yes? "You cannot serve two masters," unless you are @kepha31 i guess, in which case he will have a better dogma for you to follow, and surely has a valid refute for the serving two masters thing that you might be open to.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many millions of people in the USA could have prayed that this storm be calmed down and stopped before the damage was done But who even asked for help??? So many have been saying out loud, 'We don't want or need God" and God will not force them to accept His love, blessings and protection so they reap destruction and death and satan and demons laugh!!!

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many millions of people in the USA could have prayed that this storm be calmed down and stopped before the damage was done But who even asked for help??? So many have been saying out loud, 'We don't want or need God" and God will not force them to accept His love, blessings and protection so they reap destruction and death and satan and demons laugh!!!
How many does it take?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many believers live in the USA? How many "churches" in the USA ?

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe any praying, believing Christians seen any of this "destruction and death" you are speaking of? If so, why were they lumped with the unbelievers in SE Texas? But we know it rains on the just and the unjust. So, was Gods hand of protection not on the just here? I think you are using this disaster as a scare tactic.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many liberals=God rejectors and God haters are saying in public, "we don't want God! We don't need God and we reject prayer anywhere in public life".
God does not force anyone to accept his protection, love, mercy, forgiveness or salvation we are free to reject it all But if we do reject God we pay a high price!!!

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I somewhat agree with part of what you're saying, lol. And would like to apologize for my attitude toward your post yesterday. I am not a liberal. I do pray and assume you do as well. If we are both praying for those displaced and in need after the storm that's two of us petitioning God for the good of others.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How many believers live in the USA? How many "churches" in the USA ?

So many liberals=God rejectors and God haters are saying in public, "we don't want God! We don't need God and we reject prayer anywhere in public life".
God does not force anyone to accept his protection, love, mercy, forgiveness or salvation we are free to reject it all But if we do reject God we pay a high price!!!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No comment on this one.

Joel Osteen shuts megachurch amid flooding crisis

Televangelist Joel Osteen canceled services at his Houston megachurch Sunday and has yet to reopen its doors — despite the fact that thousands of flooded-out residents are desperately seeking shelter.

The perpetually smiling pastor told followers on Twitter on Monday to lean on their faith.

“Jesus promises us peace that passes understanding,” he wrote. “That’s peace when it doesn’t make sense.”

But Osteen’s comforting words didn’t sit well with critics, who want to know why the doors to his 16,800-seat arena at his Lakewood Church near downtown Houston are closed.

“You have taken so much money away from your people to live like a king,” entertainment publicist Danny Deraney blasted. “It’s the least you could do.”

Washington, DC-based writer Charles Clymer tweeted pictures of Lakewood Church, which did not appear to be damaged by floods.

“It doesn’t make sense why you’re not opening up your mega church to house Houston citizens, help me understand that. Jesus,” according to Florida-based writer Emily Timbol.

While the church and its arena have not suffered any flood damage yet, ministry spokesman Donald Iloff said their property is inaccessible because of surrounding waters.

And it makes no sense to open church doors when the city and county are already treating thousands of flood victims at the nearby George R. Brown Convention Center, according to Iloff.

“It has everything inside there — medicine, doctors, places to sleep,” Iloff said of the convention center. “It’s amazing what they’re doing there to make people comfortable.”

source: http://nypost.com/2017/08/28/pastor-osteen-shuts-church-amid-flooding-crisis/

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are too busy praying for Texas, perhaps? I know I am

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we not hear a National call to Pray for the People of Texas and All our country?
Pray, confess, repent or cry and pay the price!! Time is short!! Must we be hit over and over??

If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.2 Chronicles 7:14