Why Do You Doubt Your Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you doubt your salvation?

Had you ever doubted you were saved and what had happened to restore that belief?

Feel free to share. It might help someone that doubts they are saved since they had believed in Him.

May God cause the increase.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't doubt my Salvation in any way. :)

What I will say is that since joining here I've read one too many posts that lead me to think there is an effort underway and by more than one person to get Christian members here to do that very thing. Doubt their Salvation. And everything pertaining to Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you doubt your salvation?

Had you ever doubted you were saved and what had happened to restore that belief?

Feel free to share. It might help someone that doubts they are saved since they had believed in Him.

May God cause the increase.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

oh tooooo easy. Yes, im not saved. Why do i say that? Because i’m able to be honest with myself and look at my life and see that despite actually believing the Bible and that Jesus does exist, i live like the devil. I know works wont save us, but if a person is saved, genuinely saved, there will be a change in them. I see no change in myself.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh tooooo easy. Yes, im not saved. Why do i say that? Because i’m able to be honest with myself and look at my life and see that despite actually believing the Bible and that Jesus does exist, i live like the devil. I know works wont save us, but if a person is saved, genuinely saved, there will be a change in them. I see no change in myself.

We are not perfect after we got saved. What is that race is for but to look to Jesus Christ as the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily to be perfect?

So how are you living like the devil? Why are you living like the devil?

Are you trying to overcome sin by the religious flesh like keeping a commitment or a promise and failing or what?

Are there provisions for the flesh in your home and in your life that you need His help to get rid of?

Are you watching TV or a movie or listening to music that sows to your flesh?

Are there friends that you run around with that it is just easy to fall back into sinful living again?