Why do you love God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That about sums it up.
Why....why do you love God.
Maybe you honestly don't.
Maybe you have respect or wonder or awe - or an intellectual fascination...I understand.

I would like to know from people's heart - why do you love Him.

If you don't - no harm - don't write anything, you know ?
But, for those that do - really adore Him - why -or if you want - count the ways..Melt my heart.
Thank you.

This is up close and personal stuff - no quotes, you know?
What are your words from your heart?

:) Miss Hepburn

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Because he first loved me...
smile.gif

When I was 8 years old, we lived in the woods [forest town] along with other families because my father worked in that industry at the time [forestry]. One day I was coming home from my friends house and I had to pass a creek. On this particular day, I happened to notice two girls around my age just standing there looking at something in the creek, so I went over to find out what they were doing. I saw another girl in the creek, thrashing around, drowning.
The two girls who were watching, were in a state of shock and could not move. I started to become that way as well because it was something that was too much for our little minds to take in.
Anyway, as I was standing there, I heard a very loud male voice say to me "pick up the stick." I looked around and saw a stick on the ground so I picked it up. Then the voice said, "hold it out," so I held it out in front of me. Now this stick was only short and there was no-way that the drowning girl could get a hold of it...but as I held it out, it somehow extended across the water and the girl managed to grab a hold of it and I pulled her in.

It actually felt like nothing was at the end of that stick but anyway I pulled her back to the bank and she scrambled out. As she did this, I lost my footing and ended up in the creek myself and they walked off.

So here I was now drowning in that very creek that I had pulled the girl from. I could not swim at the time and all I could remember was the murky grayish water and the pretty green oxygen weed. After a while, I got tired as I could not keep my head above the water any longer, so I started to sink...knowing that I was going to die. It felt very peaceful and I was ready to die.

As I sank further down into the murky water, my breath began to run out...suddenly my feet hit something hard and smooth, like a platform. I was quickly lifted upwards until I broke the water line and began to breathe again.

It was very odd because now I was standing on something that I could not see, in midair, above the creek. The next thing I knew, I was moving forward very quickly towards the bank. The platform I was standing on, then disappeared and I dropped to the ground, landing with two feet on the bank...
huh.gif

I really did not know what had just happened but I knew my mother would be angry with me because I was completely, soaking wet!
So I went home and sure enough I was in trouble...Lol!

God loves me and he sent angels to bear me up on their hands, least I strike my foot against a stone. He did not want me to die because he has a plan for my life....This is only one of the many divine encounters where God has saved me from certain death...

I am still here because he loves me and I love him with everything I've got...because he lives, I live!

"Thank you Jesus"
bowh.gif

Blessings!!!

Last edited:

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Because he first loved me...:)

When I was 8 years old, we lived in the woods [forest town] along with other families because my father worked in that industry at the time [forestry]. One day I was coming home from my friends house and I had to pass a creek. On this particular day, I happened to notice two girls around my age just standing there looking at something in the creek, so I went over to find out what they were doing. I saw another girl in the creek, thrashing around, drowning.
The two girls who were watching, were in a state of shock and could not move. I started to become that way as well because it was something that was too much for our little minds to take in.
Anyway, as I was standing there, I heard a very loud male voice say to me "pick up the stick." I looked around and saw a stick on the ground so I picked it up. Then the voice said, "hold it out," so I held it out in front of me. Now this stick was only short and there was no-way that the drowning girl could get a hold of it...but as I held it out, it somehow extended across the water and the girl managed to grab a hold of it and I pulled her in.

It actually felt like nothing was at the end of that stick but anyway I pulled her back to the bank and she scrambled out. As she did this, I lost my footing and ended up in the creek myself and they walked off.

So here I was now drowning in that very creek that I had pulled the girl from. I could not swim at the time and all I could remember was the murky grayish water and the pretty green oxygen weed. After a while, I got tired as I could not keep my head above the water any longer, so I started to sink...knowing that I was going to die. It felt very peaceful and I was ready to die.

As I sank further down into the murky water, my breath began to run out...suddenly my feet hit something hard and smooth, like a platform. I was quickly lifted upwards until I broke the water line and began to breathe again.

It was very odd because now I was standing on something that I could not see, in midair, above the creek. The next thing I knew, I was moving forward very quickly towards the bank. The platform I was standing on, then disappeared and I dropped to the ground, landing with two feet on the bank...:huh:

I really did not know what had just happened but I knew my mother would be angry with me because I was completely, soaking wet!
So I went home and sure enough I was in trouble...Lol!

God loves me and he sent angels to bear me up on their hands, least I strike my foot against a stone. He did not want me to die because he has a plan for my life....This is only one of the many divine encounters where God has saved me from certain death...

I am still here because he loves me and I love him with everything I've got...because he lives, I live!

"Thank you Jesus"
bowh.gif

Blessings!!!

That was a very wonderful expierance you had, and I believe you.

God has saved my life in many miraculous ways also, but I can’t say that is why I love him. Emotionally I do not feel love for God, but do have a friendship with him. I believe the only way to show love for God is to live his Word.

Jesus has shown himself to me, and has been a father to me for over thirty years. He has been very stern with me, and very friendly. Yes he has shown his love for me, but I see my self as a very respectful servant, one who in no way would ever do anything that would displease God. There is no way that I would not do everything he tells me to do.

To me feelings are something that can be easily manipulated by Satan. I personally don’t trust feelings, but what a person does speaks so loud I can’t hear what he or she says.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
He created me, fed, nurtured, and has taken care of me ever since I was born :), I guess I just cant help myself hes loved me therefore I love him :).

Reactions: GodsGrace

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I love God because he first loved me! I loved him because he did not have tod die for me or make a way for me to get back to him! He did not have to tkae time to form me in the womb! He could have made me and left but he wants a relationship with me! When I did not care for him he cared for me! When I did not love him he loved me! I love him for being God for being there! For me not just being here by chance but because someone loved and cared and nurtured me! I love god for sending Jesus from heaven to earth to die for me! For him trusting me so much that he gave me the keys to the kingdom! That I can go directly to his throne in prayer! That I have an intimate relationship with him! Jesus I will spend my always with him! I can not repay him for the things he has done for me! I can not be he does not care! He still loves me so much! I LOVE YOU JESUS!

banjo71

May 9, 2011
IL
I love God because it says he adopted me as a son. And I need a father really bad in this life. A heavenly one is exactly what I need. Since I feel like I don't belong down here, and I mess up too much to measure up to God's laws, (or society's correctness), I need exactly who God says he is: gracious, lovingkindness, merciful, like a father who pities us because we are but dust. THAT God is who I need and love because he promises me he does. He proved it by sacrificing his Son on the cross for us. I John 4:10

Plus Jesus is kind and humble. I absolutely adore him for his choosing to be humble as a human being. He knew his diety, but never bragged in anyway. He was the definition of humble. And when he was in the Garden of Gethsemene, he had to make a really tough choice. He demonstrated his need for the Father and his love for us by choosing the will of the Father, to drink that cup of misery and wrath from God's anger over sin. This showed his integrity and faithfulness to choose God's seemingly impossible will over any comfort.

And he completed his work when he said 'it's finished.' Jesus gave his whole life for us. That's love.

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
Because he first loved me is my answer as well.

He knew me when I was "knit together" in my mother's womb..cf Psalm 139.

He loved me before I could talk and when I could only make funny noises or cry or when I took my first step across the kitchen floor and reached my daddy's waiting arms.

He took care of me and provided guidance and love when I was little and would reach way up to take my own father's hand.

Through the devestation of war and loss of loved ones God protected me and my family.

He gave me safety while traveling across a country into a new place where I knew virtually noone but my mother and father.

He was with me when my Father went home to be with Him at the age of nine.

He provided surrogate parents for me when my own mother was not functioning as a parent for me.

He sent friends in my life who led me to a youth meeting where I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior.

Then, at 17, by His Spirit I was led day by day into reading, studying, and learning to apply scriptures. And in this He became more and more real and more and more dear to me.

He provided the means and ability to graduate from a Christian university and to serve for three years in the mission field. He taught me many things living in Christian community with other missionaries in a far off place.

He sent a wonderful man my way to whom I have been married though good days and difficult days for almost 50 years.

He gave me four children, took one, and left me three to nurture and see grow into adulthood some with children of their own.

He sent me to women all over a huge state..and guided me to lead seminars, retreats, and bible studies.

He made me a teacher, counselor, and administrator.

He gave me rest and retirement as well as grandchildren to love.

He then gave me a computer.

Here I am due to the love and grace of God.

Oh, and when I was sick with cancer and had to go though chemotherapy twenty years ago God let me sense His Love more than in all the times I was actively serving. He healed me.

Whenever I fell, or missed the mark, or made big mistakes, failed, or forgot..he forgave me and reset my feet upon a Rock.

He has loved me no matter what.

He is mighty, friend, healer, and the great love of my life.

How does He love me..I cannot really begin to count the ways even though I tried to do that here. That's why I love Him back. :)

nomerhunks

Jul 6, 2011
Singapore
GOD is greatest in power and in love combined, the awesome No: 1, my only Friend that nobody can defeat, the One who will never fail to discipline me when I deserve it. I pray that HIS love will show more in my life.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I will come at another angle.
Like the Grinch that stole Christmas.
No one likes God, well not to start with as we have the stain of original sin upon us all.
But if you are not just spoilt brat what can happen is you bother to seek out things and in time you can comprehend a bit more and then you could find out and start to put things together this can happen by faith of what others inform you or what God has informed you and their is a difference you have to listen carefully but with Gods gifts being reveled that is very enlightening and this is only given when you can absorb it.
So why would someone have anything to do with this God rubbish as not many people will be impressed with you for being so they will think you are a foolish nut and do things wrong to you for any silly reason, so why why is it that a true Christian would put up with all the crap thrown at us.
Well i would say that it's not because of the fear of Hell like many think but it's that i know who Jesus Christ is, as he is our Lord and Saviour and in him and thought him all things are possible as he is the Light of the world and that i receive his yoke with humility and joy and as he is our creator.
Thank God that he has enlighten me to the works of old mate Satan the sickening blight of this world and deceptive cunning evil powers.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I must say here that I love God because He first loved me.
That isn't just a declaration from a dusty hymn, it's a personal fact and experience.

And He keeps on loving me despite my tendency to wander away from Him and His gracious guidance.

To loosely quote a line from the movie Titanic, He has saved me in every way a man can be saved.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I also love our Father b/c he first loved me! He called me and saved me when I was a little girl. He gave me his spirit and called me a child! I love him for his loving kindness, compassion and forgiveness. I love him for giving me gifts and the fruit of his Spirit. I love him for sending his only begotten son to die, so that I might live. My sin's have been many but he cast them into his sea of forgetfulness. I love him for healing me. I love him for chasing after me when I was wayward. I love him for punishing me when I walked away. I love him b/c he is just and did not punish me as much as I deserved. I love him b/c he always increases my knowledge in spite of the frailty of my mind. I love him for letting me see his Holy Spirit and making himself so real to me. I love him for making me compassionate. I love him for the birds esp. the ones who are not afraid of me and come close. I love him for sunrise and sunsets and peace in the midst of the storm. I love him for protecting me. I love him for hot showers and hot baths. I love him that he feeds me and I have never gone hungry. I love him b/c he crowns us with steadfast love and mercy! He is merciful, gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love! Bless Yahweh oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name! Ps. 103:1 I can not thank him enough for all that he has done for me!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Because he loved me first, also! :)

I don't love him enough, I would say, but I hope he will teach me. I love because while I was still in darkness, he showed me light, and even though I hated that light at first, he did not give up on me!

The things that have been that hardest have produced the best, and I thank Him for putting me through a hard time... And though I might not say it when he puts me through it, I hope he does it again so I can be purged of my sins and become like him!

The Lord bless you all :)

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
He has been with me through so much in my life. He has healed me when I was sick, strengthened me when I was weak, corrected me when I was wrong, taken away my anxieties my worrys, he tells me the truth when I ask him anything.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That about sums it up.
Why....why do you love God.

:) Miss Hepburn

I love God 1) Because since a tiny child I always believed He was 'there'. ( probably because we were made to say our bedtime prayers to Him. )

2) Mainly because I called out to Him to reveal Himself to me ( in my 20's) and He answered me!!
It was only years later I learned that no man comes to the Father unless the Holy Spirit draws him. So I just believed I was doing the searching and I "found Him" not that I was being drawn.

He is life and peace , joy, hope and comfort...and a thousand other things...He is totally indescribably wonderful ...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Because God Himself died for me.
As He did for all.
How does anyone turn that down?