Why Does Christ Want Some Not To Be Saved ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

That is an excellent question, and one there is an obvious answer for that corresponds with God not wanting any to perish. I just can't see it. I'll just put that question on the shelf, and ask God in my prayers. I'm sure I'll get an answer for this question soon.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yea, this trips up a lot of well-meaning folks. But it isn't as it sounds. The implication is that people have already invested themselves into opposing God's word--therefore, God turns them over to what they want, which is to be deceived.

I'm finding this very thing to be true in my own country, politically, right now. People see what they want to see, and hear what they want to hear. Our Constitutional freedoms simply allows people to air what they want to air, and believe what they want to believe--true or not. You can believe the world is flat, and you have that Constitutional right in the U.S. But you don't have a right before God to say it's true when it's not.

God has given men the freedom of choice. But they don't have rights to claim to be right when they're not. Judgment Day is coming.

When Israel determined to pursue intermarriage with pagan foreigners, against God's Law, God let them do that, and ultimately, He turned them over to those very pagans, who proceeded to abuse them just as pagans do. God let Israel see what pagans are really like so that they could determine, for all time, if that's truly what they want to be like.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Rocky,
This is one of those "scratching my head" scriptures.
Some would say that this is because God chooses who goes to hell or heaven. I do not cotton to that doctrine so, like @CharismaticLady said...put it on the shelf and pray for clarity. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Consider...

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Gen 3:22-24

Access to Life via the Tree was blocked because they were not ready to be what God wanted them to be. Would they ever be?

"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:10-15

What does God take away from us as per Jesus words?

We are only stewards here and will have nothing of our own until and IF we inherit! As stewards we, each of us, has been given an allotted period of time to work at properly using all that God has provided, such as talents, education, money, opportunity, etc. Consider these stewards [husbandmen]:

"Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons" Matt 21:33-41

Also...

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Eph 6:11-17

With proper preparation and working well with that which God has provided while it is still day ["the night cometh" from John 9:4] can we not overcome the world as did Jesus and then partake of that Tree?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." Rev 21:1

"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." Rev 21:7

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 10:21
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
whats wrong with being wise and prudent?
They don't desire what??
1Pe 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
Because the wise and prudent had a habit of something they already been doing which is:
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
and so:

maybe?
Hugs

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, this trips up a lot of well-meaning folks. But it isn't as it sounds. The implication is that people have already invested themselves into opposing God's word--therefore, God turns them over to what they want, which is to be deceived.

I'm finding this very thing to be true in my own country, politically, right now. People see what they want to see, and hear what they want to hear. Our Constitutional freedoms simply allows people to air what they want to air, and believe what they want to believe--true or not. You can believe the world is flat, and you have that Constitutional right in the U.S. But you don't have a right before God to say it's true when it's not.

God has given men the freedom of choice. But they don't have rights to claim to be right when they're not. Judgment Day is coming.

When Israel determined to pursue intermarriage with pagan foreigners, against God's Law, God let them do that, and ultimately, He turned them over to those very pagans, who proceeded to abuse them just as pagans do. God let Israel see what pagans are really like so that they could determine, for all time, if that's truly what they want to be like.

God didn't always "allow" them to intermarry. In fact, do you remember when God made all the Israelites divorce their pagan wives, yet support them? Something like that. I haven't read it in a while. I think it is in Judges.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if certain people understood the gospel, they would still reject it but because they understood it they will be held to be more accountable on their day of judgment.

So, the Lord set forth His teaching in parables so that those who would reject the gospel might not understand it and therefore they will not be held as accountable for that information on their day of judgment.

It is, in fact, the mercy of our Lord that led Him to speak in parables so that "seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not perceive."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i don't think this is supposed to be forever, just for a period of time, perhaps to bring about greater understanding

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't think this is supposed to be forever, just for a period of time, perhaps to bring about greater understanding
I think some people are not ready for some truths. It would tempt them to sin in ways they can't if they don't know certain things.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I think while God wants us all to choose correctly after receiving truths, He withholds some truths when He knows we're wouldn't be able to make the right choices yet.

If I know someone has a drug problem, I shouldn't tell him where my money is hidden. He might be tempted to steal it so he can buy drugs. It's better if I keep that a secret from him so I'm not putting him a position of being tempted.

Reactions: Nancy and aspen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
How to be saved is not concealed knowledge or secret. Once one is saved, and operates in the Holy Spirit they can interpret scripture properly and understand the parables.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31

This is done to confound the wise and shame them. That the they not boast before God of their wisdom, which has no power to save them.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have seriously misunderstood this. Those condemned to spiritual blindness are those who FIRST CHOOSE to be wilfully blind. That was the case of the Pharisees, Sadducees , scribes, lawyers. etc. who rejected Christ. Therefore seeing they would not see, and hearing they would not understand. Just like many today on Christian forums.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see this statement of Jesus to be one of how it is rather than seeing it as saying he chooses some not to be saved. The scripture is clear that God desires all men to be saved. Jesus came in human flesh to save those with this nature. None of the children of Adam are excluded. The enemy however has succeeded in convincing many that God is arbitrarily selective. He has done none other than project his own character onto God.....calling God a liar......just as he did in Eden and will continue to do till his time is up.

Romans 8:32 'If God spared not his own Son but gave him up for us all.....'

Men want to limit God's love; they want to make God in their own image as does Satan.......they are keen to project their own limitations onto God making out he is one like unto themselves.

If only we would look closer....if only we would be willing to be shown the immensity of the gift we have been given, our tears would hardly cease for God emptied all the treasure of Eternity in that one gift of Jesus so that he could save the 'least of these' ....Oh the wonder of it, the absolute wonder of it.....something that men would never do and Satan bending all his energies to misrepresent.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God didn't always "allow" them to intermarry. In fact, do you remember when God made all the Israelites divorce their pagan wives, yet support them? Something like that. I haven't read it in a while. I think it is in Judges.

I agree with you. I wasn't saying that God *legally* allowed Israel to intermarry with pagans--the Law clearly stipulated that they should *not* do that. But God warned them because He allows men to make wrong choices before they are judged. That's all that I'm saying--that God allows men to sin in order to judge them.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Luk 10:21
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
whats wrong with being wise and prudent?
They don't desire what??
1Pe 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
Because the wise and prudent had a habit of something they already been doing which is:
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
and so:

maybe?
Hugs
@Ziggy Good verses there for a Godly Bible reader to remember....

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Good verses there for a Godly Bible reader to remember....
I remember the first time I read a parable. I knew what it meant before the explanation was given.
But Bread... that was the eye opener.
Like the Lamb IS the Glory of God,
I learned Bread is the Word of God.
And that day I was flying. I had wings. I was soaring.
That was the first pearl I found and I'll never forget it.
Sometimes those pearls just find you.. and so now I understand:

Mat 13:45
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46
Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember the first time I read a parable. I knew what it meant before the explanation was given.
But Bread... that was the eye opener.
Like the Lamb IS the Glory of God,
I learned Bread is the Word of God.
And that day I was flying. I had wings. I was soaring.
That was the first pearl I found and I'll never forget it.
Sometimes those pearls just find you.. and so now I understand:

Mat 13:45
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46
Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

You have to be careful with how you wear what you find though.
Sometimes they can puff you up and make you think your prettier or richer than the next guy.
Sometimes all that sparkly stuff can, if your not humble get you into trouble.
1Ti 2:9
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

The next verses though, I hear a lot of people squabble over.
But the more I look at pearls the clearer things become.
1Ti 2:11
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Basically to me that says:
Shut up and listen, God is talking.
or maybe quoted better here:
1Jo 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
and also:
Luk 12:34
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The woman being the teacher is the church trying to push it's own doctrines.

So if I find a real pretty pearl and I flaunt it..
I build a whole doctrine on that pearl that doesn't line up with the truth.
I start looking like that woman all arrayed in costly jewels having a gold cup of abominations in my hand.

Humbleness.. that's a mighty mountain to climb.
But then I remember what Jesus told me:
Mat 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

I feel extremely rich today :)
I just want to share everything with everybody.
Cause it's no fun going pearl digging alone.

Humbleness..
Mic 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Amen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You have to be careful with how you wear what you find though.
Sometimes they can puff you up and make you think your prettier or richer than the next guy.
Sometimes all that sparkly stuff can, if your not humble get you into trouble.
1Ti 2:9
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

The next verses though, I hear a lot of people squabble over.
But the more I look at pearls the clearer things become.
1Ti 2:11
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Basically to me that says:
Shut up and listen, God is talking.
or maybe quoted better here:
1Jo 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
and also:
Luk 12:34
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The woman being the teacher is the church trying to push it's own doctrines.

So if I find a real pretty pearl and I flaunt it..
I build a whole doctrine on that pearl that doesn't line up with the truth.
I start looking like that woman all arrayed in costly jewels having a gold cup of abominations in my hand.

Humbleness.. that's a mighty mountain to climb.
But then I remember what Jesus told me:
Mat 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

I feel extremely rich today :)
I just want to share everything with everybody.
Cause it's no fun going pearl digging alone.

Humbleness..
Mic 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Amen
@Ziggy More good Bible verses to remember...