Why does Christianity Board use a Satanic symbol as their logo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jonrgrover

Feb 25, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I understand it, the triquetra, the triple moon, is used in pagan and wiccan teaching. It represents the threefold nature of the Goddess: As maiden, mother, and crone. The triquetra symbolizes the three faces of the Goddess, balance of the Mind, Body, and Spirit. The circle signifies the ever-turning cycle of life, death and rebirth. The Triquetra is a fantastic way to represent the power of three and celebrate the divine feminine.

Why is Christianity Board using this as their logo? Is this really a Christian site?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read that a very common representation of the symbol is with a circle that goes through the three interconnected loops of the triquetra. The circle emphasises the unity of the whole combination of Three Persons. It is also said to symbolise God's love around the Holy Trinity.

Christian use
The symbol has been used in Christian tradition as a sign of the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), especially since the Celtic revival of the 19th century. When modern designers began to display the triquetra as a stand-alone design, it recalled the three-leafed shamrock which was similarly offered as a Trinity symbol by Saint Patrick [citation needed]. It has also been suggested that the triquetra has a similarity to the Christian Ιχθυς symbol. The triquetra has been used extensively on Christian sculpture, vestments, book arts and stained glass. It has been used on the title page and binding of some editions of the New King James Version [example needed].

A very common representation of the symbol is with a circle that goes through the three interconnected loops of the triquetra. The circle emphasises the unity of the whole combination of Three Persons. It is also said to symbolise God's love around the Holy Trinity.

Triquetra - Wikipedia

Reactions: marks

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The triqetra has been a Christian symbol for nearly 2000 years, although it's become much more popular recently.
It is derived from an older pagan design - after all, the number three is of special significance in many religions. That doesn't make it pagan now.

There is of course no law preventing modern pagans and wiccans from also using it to represent their own ideas. There's no 'copyright' on ancient symbols.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unnecessary, IMO. No need to symbolize Christianity or affiliations. We are known by our fruit, not our symbols. As said here, anyone can use that symbol...and do.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I almost didn't sign up to this forum because of what I know about that symbol.

Fast forward to 33:33...

Likewise, it spooked me a bit. ...but there was slim pickings as far as forums go, ...I think that I sold-out!

Reactions: Base12

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sold-out ? So if there's only one ship going , and it is the titanic, go ahead ?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
sold-out ? So if there's only one ship going , and it is the titanic, go ahead ?

And you are on the same ship. LOL what a hoot. Hope you both have your vests in good working order and are not dunked in the freezing waters for too long.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are on the same ship. LOL what a hoot. Hope you both have your vests in good working order and are not dunked in the freezing waters for too long.
All of the Apostles, Prophets, Disciples in the first century knew we are all on the same ship in that manner,
and that most people on earth never get in the ARK. ......

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All of the Apostles, Prophets, Disciples in the first century knew we are all on the same ship in that manner,
and that most people on earth never get in the ARK. ......

Do you mean the Ark of the Covenant or the ship/boat that Noah build that was also called the Ark.

Either would mean that you are very very old and as such a wonder for this world.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I understand it, the triquetra, the triple moon, is used in pagan and wiccan teaching. It represents the threefold nature of the Goddess: As maiden, mother, and crone. The triquetra symbolizes the three faces of the Goddess, balance of the Mind, Body, and Spirit. The circle signifies the ever-turning cycle of life, death and rebirth. The Triquetra is a fantastic way to represent the power of three and celebrate the divine feminine.

Why is Christianity Board using this as their logo? Is this really a Christian site?
You should research the history of the cross and see if you change your perspective

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatry is idolatry is sin, with a tri-thing, or with a cross...
as it was with the serpent on a stick.... when given by God, whoever looked was healed,
but when they tried later to repeat, it was idolatry.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean the Ark of the Covenant or the ship/boat that Noah build that was also called the Ark.

Either would mean that you are very very old and as such a wonder for this world.
hahaha.... "of whom the world is not worthy". (I forget chapter and verse though) ....

no... the ARK, you already know WHO anyone must be in in order to be saved....

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hahaha.... "of whom the world is not worthy". (I forget chapter and verse though) ....

no... the ARK, you already know WHO anyone must be in in order to be saved....

Then perhaps you should slow down on your posting and spend more time in researching your answers first, so that you can state the book, chapter and verse to provide a far better response rather than just expressing an opinion on what you believe.