Why does God allow evil? Is that even true?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chris Tucker

Apr 16, 2021
Chattanooga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, do you play a significant role in allowing evil in the world? What can we do about this? As Christians I hope we come together to encourage each other and spread the truth about our situation in this world. Praise God. Let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, do you play a significant role in allowing evil in the world? What can we do about this? As Christians I hope we come together to encourage each other and spread the truth about our situation in this world. Praise God. Let me know your thoughts.

This is an easy answer Chris, you and I know that many call on God only when they are having problems. An old saying is there are no atheists in foxholes. Your eternal life is at stake here, when Adam chose to be his own god, rather than obeying God, he and we through inheritance asked Jehovah to butt out, we don't need You. So like a teacher in a classroom who is questioned by a rebellious student, he hands him the chalk and tells him to prove his case. Remember there are others who are looking on as well. So wisely, God stepped aside allowing man to rule over himself, although He has stepped in on a few occasions when necessary.

Man has not done so good of a job, and soon they will bring us to the point of extinction Mat 24:22, but as that verse states, that is when He will send His forces to save His chosen ones. Then God's Kingdom will be established with all the wicked gone, then you will see the contrast in what Jehovah can do in just 1k yrs vs the 6k yrs man and satan has had.

How does it benefit us personally? At the end of the millennial reign of Christ, satan will be let out of his prison, and you will remember how his world was vs the world you are now living, you must be able to pass the test of not following him, in order not to be destroyed along with him and those who belong to him in the lake of fire after the test is over. Rev 20:1-14

Hope that helps sir.

Jlentz

May 6, 2021
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died for a lost evil world. God doesn't condone evil, He saves us from it.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Why does God allow evil?
So He can exercise His Judgment and Wrath on those who perpetrate it, and bestow His Glory, Kindness and Mercy on those who do His Will.

Rom 9:22-24 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, (23) and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, (24) even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This WICKED world is drowning in evil/sin. Of course God allows it. He is omnipotent! This mess called "Christianity" is a disgrace to God. Why wouldn't He allow evil? We haven't seen anything like the evil that is soon to come!

Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

The Mark of the Beast is soon to come. It will be one of God's greatest blessings on mankind. Many religious folks heading for Hell fire will be saved. Possibly BILLIONS!

Revelation 20:4 (NKJV)
4 Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Have you ever needed help?
Was that help supplied by a Christian? What of all the non Christian doctors, lawyer, teachers car mechanics etc who have helped you, are they to be destroyed before they have a chance to be saved?

Do you want God to judge the world before your non Christian family and friends are saved?

Reactions: Philip James

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By giving you free will then came the delusions.
Your cat dog etc etc does not have free will and Jesus never came for them, he came for humans, only humans can go to Heaven, your cat can not go to Heaven because Jesus never came to save it's Soul. a cat does not have a Soul in the image of God.
A cat does not Sin, such is not a sinner.
The Jews claim that Goyim are not worthy of being Human, because such are not Gods people, so they see such as cattle, on par with a cat or dog etc. but that is not correct as to God as we seen with one who was swallowed by a big fish and all.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conflict. From cover to cover the main theme of the Bible is conflict between God and those who oppose Him, the resolution of which is epitomised in Christ crucified, resurrected, and ascended to heaven.

Ok, well I'm not wild about the theory that His will is conflict. :)

If His will was conflict the enemy would never be put down (Revelation 20:10), and there would never be a New Heaven and a New Earth in which righteousness dwells (Revelation 21:1-4).

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does God allow evil? Is that even true?
It is true and it is a mystery. The "Mystery of Iniquity". There is really no good answer for this, since God could have wiped out the original evildoers at the very beginning. But then He allowed evil to grow until He wiped out the world with the Flood. And again God is allowing evil to grow until He pours out His wrath on the wicked and the ungodly. We are currently in an unprecedented state of evil worldwide.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ok, well I'm not wild about the theory that His will is conflict. :)

If His will was conflict the enemy would never be put down (Revelation 20:10), and there would never be a New Heaven and a New Earth in which righteousness dwells (Revelation 21:1-4).
Well it's not a theory but a solid Biblical truth. Christians are instructed to be in conflict with the devil and his cohort who are in conflict with God and His People.

Eph 6:11-12 Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

1Pe 5:8-10 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: (9) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. (10) But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's not a theory but a solid Biblical truth. Christians are instructed to be in conflict with the devil and his cohort who are in conflict with God and His People.

Eph 6:11-12 Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

1Pe 5:8-10 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: (9) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. (10) But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

For eternity? I repeat, LoL. If His will was conflict eternally, the enemy would never be put down (Revelation 20:10), and there would never be a New Heaven and a New Earth in which righteousness dwells (Revelation 21:1-4).

You teach some pretty weird doctrine if you think we're still going to be at war with the Devil even after he's been thrown into the Lake of Fire, LoL, but I've read stranger things on this forum, so I guess I'll just call it another day in the life.

God bless,
Hidden In Him.
And hope you have a wonderful night.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
For eternity? I repeat, LoL. If His will was conflict eternally, the enemy would never be put down (Revelation 20:10), and there would never be a New Heaven and a New Earth in which righteousness dwells (Revelation 21:1-4).

You teach some pretty weird doctrine if you think we're still going to be at war with the Devil even after he's been thrown into the Lake of Fire, LoL, but I've read stranger things on this forum, so I guess I'll just call it another day in the life.

God bless,
Hidden In Him.
And hope you have a wonderful night.
When did I suggest God's Plan was for eternal conflict? I forgive your man of straw and exhort you to be more observant before entering into conflict. Here is my initial statement which speaks of the RESOLUTION TO ALL CONFLICT, which Christ always is.
Conflict. From cover to cover the main theme of the Bible is conflict between God and those who oppose Him, the resolution of which is epitomised in Christ crucified, resurrected, and ascended to heaven.
Mat 10:34-39 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. (36) And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. (37) He that loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (38) And he that takes not his cross, and follows after me, is not worthy of me. (39) He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Tucker

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did I suggest God's Plan was for eternal conflict? I forgive your man of straw and exhort you to be more observant before entering into conflict. Here is my initial statement which speaks of the RESOLUTION TO ALL CONFLICT, which Christ always is.

Stumpmaster, my initial post was not even directed at you. I was asking Amazed@grace what her comment meant, because she unfortunately teaches a number of things that smack of Gnosticism, including that the Old Testament God deliberately chose many for eternal damnation before the world began, that Eve wasn't properly informed not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and therefore God Himself may have been at fault, and that "God" is both Male and Female, among other things. Under these circumstances, her statement that evil being allowed by God "is all part of his divine plan. His will on earth as it is in heaven" may have meant she was teaching yet another occult concept called Yin and Yang, which teaches that good and evil are eternally locked in opposition to one another. So I was asking her for clarity.

You came along and defended the Principle that conflict runs throughout the Bible, which is of course a given but was unfortunately irrelevant to what I was asking her. So I tried clarifying the issue by reminding you that in Biblical Christianity the conflict between good and evil is not going to last forever, which is the distinction between Christian and Eastern thought.

Can we please understand this conversation was never directed at you to begin with? I was posting to SOMEONE ELSE.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. In a word, Lordship.
Yes, and then again...
Who is our Lord? Where is our earth and where are we in heaven?

Good morning, John! Hope you have a blessed day!
Yes, a blessed day for certain. Our son will be here after a bit for Mother's Day. Of course in that are memories also. When I lived in California I would visit my mother. Being in Oklahoma I would talk to on the phone. Seems like yesterday but she's been gone since 2006. Time moves on by... but soon enough I guess for me time will be no more. Give God the glory!

Reactions: Hidden In Him