Why Go To Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY GO TO CHURCH

[by Leon Anderson, " Bulletin Archive 2002"]

Yes that's right why should I go to church when all you hear is how big of a sinner you are and that the only way that you can get right is to stop doing your evil deeds: But who can completiely stop forever?
The preacher spends too much time talking about how much money you should give. "to the Lord". but does the Lord really spend the money? The preacher talks a good gave about "loving everybody". and "forgiving everybody" in order to be loved and forgiven by God, but does he himself really fulfill all these requirements? There are many more impossible demands that the preacher puts before the people to perform before they can be right with God, but I don't do them so why should I even bother
confused.gif
?

Well you wont hear any of these things at Grace Bible Church because thats where the word of God is taught "Rightly Divided" as God says to do. You will hear that God doesn't talk about you nearly as much as the preacher does, but talks constinually about how his love for you resulted in his Son dying for all that's wrong with you if you would only TRUST Him. God wants to give you eternal life through His Son. He doesn't want your money, He wants you ! So you won't hear so much about how bad you are, but how good God is. You will not be asked to cut out all of your bad habits but will learn that the love of Christ will lead you to "Want" to live for Him. You will learn that God has "ALREADY" forgiven you "ALL" your sins through faith in Jesus Christ. Come and learn what Gods word really teaches, not what the "wisdom" of man teaches. Then your faith will not be placed in "going to church" but in the fact that you along with all other believers, ARE THE CHURCH

This was written by one of the men at our church !

hope I did not make to many mistakes

Reactions: FHII

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY GO TO CHURCH

Yes that's right why should I go to church when all you hear is how big of a sinner you are and that the only way that you can get right is to stop doing your evil deeds: But who can completiely stop forever?
The preacher spends too much time talking about how much money you should give. "to the Lord". but does the Lord really spend the money? The preacher talks a good gave about "loving everybody". and "forgiving everybody" in order to be loved and forgiven by God, but does he himself really fulfill all these requirements? There are many more impossible demands that the preacher puts before the people to perform before they can be right with God, but I don't do them so why should I even bother
confused.gif
?

Well you wont hear any of these things at Grace Bible Church because thats where the word of God is taught "Rightly Divided" as God says to do. You will hear that God doesn't talk about you nearly as much as the preacher does, but talks constinually about how his love for you resulted in his Son dying for all that's wrong with you if you would only TRUST Him. God wants to give you eternal life through His Son. He doesn't want your money, He wants you ! So you won't hear so much about how bad you are, but how good God is. You will not be asked to cut out all of your bad habits but will learn that the love of Christ will lead you to "Want" to live for Him. You will learn that God has "ALREADY" forgiven you "ALL" your sins through faith in Jesus Christ. Come and learn what Gods word really teaches, not what the "wisdom" of man teaches. Then your faith will not be placed in "going to church" but in the fact that you along with all other believers, ARE THE CHURCH

Hi,

You asked this question 8 years ago. Have you not gotten the answer you like in the last 8 years?
WHY GO TO CHURCH

Why did the people who walked and talked with Jesus and the Apostles go to Church?

Curious Mary

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to know if every one goes for the right reason.......

There are so many !

To learn, to help others, to know what salvation is , etc............. The bible is a good learning place, but some times we need

help in understanding some parts........ We are not all 100 % knowledgeable ! We can all turn things around and not even

know we are doing this.................... !

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just want to know if every one goes for the right reason

What is the right reason to attend church?

Is there a one right reason?

Is it more important that people go for maybe the wrong reason but stay for a right reason?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is it more important that people go for maybe the wrong reason but stay for a right reason?
The best reason to attend would be because it is what God wants you to do. Perhaps not everyone has that reason or perhaps for some reason God does not want some to attend any particular church building regularly at all. So then I would say the best answer is the one that God has for you. Are we not His sheep?

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. Psalms 89:7 "God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him".

this is a good question to ask, it should be the assembly of the saints and NOT the assembly of the aints. drop the "S" in Saints, not saved.

Windmillcharge made a good point, "Is it more important that people go for maybe the wrong reason but stay for a right reason?".

But I put no assembly of people down, because God can save even in the wrong conditions. I'm like the apostle Paul, Philippians 1:15-18 "Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16 "The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17 "But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 18 "What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice".

at least many, who could have been in jail or prison, or worst dead. having went to a congregation when money is preached, or one is preached at, or whatever, at least somewhere or at sometime the word of God when preached will get an anchor in one's heart. God will get the truth to you even if through a hellish mouth.

PCY

Reactions: amadeus

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY GO TO CHURCH

confused.gif
?

Grams: Quit going to a ‘church’ or a ’kirk’ years ago and I have not turned back because I’ve grown closer to my Lord without ’dealing’ with this world institution.

The closest to a congregation I get to today is either being with a group of believers in person, family or via chat sites like this one. Of course, you get both true and false believers in these forums.

And why might you ask did I stop? they are full of the traditions of men, creeds, rituals, dogma, false teachings and social gatherings that will stifle or even kill off your spiritual growth if you are immature…..

Had been to nearly all types of ‘Christian’ Churches in existence, or at least knew of their beliefs…

I have found that the true congregation as a whole in not in these buildings at all. Jesus Christ never prescribed such an idea, although some will weave some incongruent scripture together to try and show differently. Most do it because they are loyal church- goers and do not want to ever think they might be in the wrong camp or following blind teachers.

APAK

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would say to help you learn what GOD is telling us in the bible ! Some preachers are good at preaching what some of us are
lacking in understanding parts of the bible........

I know I have read the bible a few times and am surprised each time to see some thing I missed..... And how our Preacher - teacher
helps me to understand a lot.......

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Apak,

We are Blessed to find a great bible church. And the preacher Tom is a good person helps so much.......
and all that come to it regular are good / friends to each other....... And a lot of the men can preach in place of Tom at times.
When some thing comes up , there is always some one ready and willing to help......... and teach great.....

Apak says
[[[[
And why might you ask did I stop? they are full of the traditions of men, creeds, rituals, dogma, false teachings and social gatherings that will stifle or even kill off your spiritual growth if you are immature…..]]]]]]]

Well that is sad, / bad ! maybe you want to watch our church on the computer?

We do not do things like that......... Tom has him self mentioned that
he did things and stopped when he realized it was not right.......

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not start a list of reasons to go?

1. Obedience to God
2. Praise and worship as a body
3. Learning of Him
4. Opportunity to give to God
5. Fellowship with those of like precious faith
6. Physical healing, mental healing, spiritual healing
7. Direction in life
8. Enter into his rest

Anyone else?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not start a list of reasons to go?

1. Obedience to God
2. Praise and worship as a body
3. Learning of Him
4. Opportunity to give to God
5. Fellowship with those of like precious faith
6. Physical healing, mental healing, spiritual healing
7. Direction in life
8. Enter into his rest

Anyone else?
9. As a place to gather together in His name.

Reactions: FHII

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Grams: Quit going to a ‘church’ or a ’kirk’ years ago and I have not turned back because I’ve grown closer to my Lord without ’dealing’ with this world institution.

The closest to a congregation I get to today is either being with a group of believers in person, family or via chat sites like this one. Of course, you get both true and false believers in these forums.

And why might you ask did I stop? they are full of the traditions of men, creeds, rituals, dogma, false teachings and social gatherings that will stifle or even kill off your spiritual growth if you are immature…..

Had been to nearly all types of ‘Christian’ Churches in existence, or at least knew of their beliefs…

I have found that the true congregation as a whole in not in these buildings at all. Jesus Christ never prescribed such an idea, although some will weave some incongruent scripture together to try and show differently. Most do it because they are loyal church- goers and do not want to ever think they might be in the wrong camp or following blind teachers.

APAK
We the people who have His Spirit are His church, every one who is in Him, is a brick in His church, and If we have His spirit, that one that God sent to all who believe, than we have a teacher. The best ones of all, God Jesus and the Holy Spirit all whom are in agreement and who cannot lie unlike men,

those in Christ are united in Christ, it is religion and mens churches that causes division. When one day if it where possible and all men came to Christ, than there would be no religion, for all would know His voice and follow after Him

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

how many strange doctrines are taught by strange men in strange religions,, God gave us His best, why is you choose teh second best..

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and APAK

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth,,,,,,,,,,

I go to church !!!!! or we watch it on the computer.......... we live over a hour away drive, so do not go to often......
Gas price !!! We do not go to the one we were raised in........ no good teaching there !!!!!!!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Grams as JEsus put it,

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Mcdonalds may fill your stomach, but it only makes you fat.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grams as JEsus put it,

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Mcdonalds may fill your stomach, but it only makes you fat.

So , mjrhealth what are you trying to tell me ? I do not understand............!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Grams , Men can spend all there life in church, spend there days studying , listening to sermons, bible college, and al lit does ids fill your head with knowledge,

1Co 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
1Co 8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

millions of people know about Christ, few know Him.

Many spend hrs getting ready for church, can spend eve a few hrs driving there, by teh time they get home its being an outing, yet they wont give Jesus just 5 minutes of there time.

You know that bit about gathered in His name, how many religions are actually gathered in His name and not the name of there religion.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The best reason to attend would be because it is what God wants you to do. Perhaps not everyone has that reason or perhaps for some reason God does not want some to attend any particular church building regularly at all. So then I would say the best answer is the one that God has for you. Are we not His sheep?

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

God wants us to attend corporate worship. He's not bothered about which church so long as we worship in spirit and in truth.

If we are followers of Jesus will will copy what he did, which was to be found in a place of worship on the relevant day.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well , since we changed churches, things are much different....

It's nice to see my sons have both preached in different churches.......

One is belonging to a Baptist church in Wis. and preaches in different States.
The other has 8 children and is teaching them now........ He also preached at our bible church.

So we are all Blessed ! And doing well...............!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wants us to attend corporate worship. He's not bothered about which church so long as we worship in spirit and in truth.

If we are followers of Jesus will will copy what he did, which was to be found in a place of worship on the relevant day.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

I have been to a lot of places where it was difficult or even impossible to find even one who would gather with me in His name. On the other hand I have been to a few places there were more than three of us in His name. It seems like it is more difficult to find such a gathering in His name in a formal church setting than it once was.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are called to love our neighbors and our most difficult, sickest neighbors go to church - we need to care for the sick and churches are hospitals