Why I believe (true) Catholicism will some day rule the world

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Because Jesus established this Church and it only stands to reason that Jesus should rule the earth

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they already did.... At least the later Roman empire and the Holy Roman Empire.

It was a brutal reign. The inquisitions killed millions. It was political/church corruption at its worst. Imagine Hillary Clinton as both President and Pope.... That was what the reign of the Catholic Church was like.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
It's absolutely amazing all the lies told about Christ's Church...

The concept of "re-writing history" does not begin to say it... :blink: but oh well... Look what the devil & his followers did to the Church's FOUNDER

Jesus said

"You [like Me] will be hated by all"

so since the RCC is the most hated of all Churches..... well, we can deduce from that alone that the RCC is the right Church... if nothing else

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church wasn't started by Jesus. That is catholic propaganda and you can say it 1000 times, and it still isn't so.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said

"You [like Me] will be hated by all"
Only problem with that statement is " no body here hates you".

Because Jesus established this Church and it only stands to reason that Jesus should rule the earth
And yes you are right Jesus with His "ecclesia" will lone day rule this world. And if your church ever does it will be for all teh wrong reasons.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic Church is not interested in ruling the world, she is interested in saving souls.

FHII said:
Well, they already did.... At least the later Roman empire and the Holy Roman Empire.

It was a brutal reign. The inquisitions killed millions. It was political/church corruption at its worst. Imagine Hillary Clinton as both President and Pope.... That was what the reign of the Catholic Church was like.
You have absolutely no scholarly documentation to support your assertion that the Inquisition "killed millions".

The Truth about the Spanish Inquisition
7 Myths about the Inquisition

None of these are Catholic sources so you can't accuse me of bias. And just to level the playing field:
The Protestant Inquisition, which was worse. A well documented, well researched citing Protestant and secular historians.

1. C O N T E N T S
The Protestant Inquisition,
FHII said:
The Catholic Church wasn't started by Jesus. That is catholic propaganda and you can say it 1000 times, and it still isn't so.
Then who did? Constantine? That is fundamentalist propaganda and you can say it 1000 times, and it still isn't so.
13 Logical Problems with the Constantine Founder Myth

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kepha,

Im not going to play your game. I could resurrect an eye witness from the dead and you'd claim his witness wasn't valid.

The protestant inquisition? Yea it was bad. Worse? No.

Jesus didn't start the catholic church. I didn't say anything else then that.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to add that I am not a protestant. Also the protestant inqiusition has nothing to do with this thread. And frankly Im not even sure the was one....

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
I am Catholic b/c .. one reason of many: I have studied history...

primary reason: I found Jesus through the Catholic Church, found power over the devil...

i found that NOWHERE else

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
I am Catholic b/c .. one reason of many: I have studied history...

primary reason: I found Jesus through the Catholic Church, found power over the devil...

i found that NOWHERE else

And i fault you not for that. Praise God that you found Jesus! I have a similar testimony, but that Jesus came for me and brought me home.

As for history..... Well... Ok. You study history. Good for you.

I study truth. And what history says isn't always truthful. Especially when dictated by a crime family.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
FHII said:
Kepha,

Im not going to play your game. I could resurrect an eye witness from the dead and you'd claim his witness wasn't valid.

The protestant inquisition? Yea it was bad. Worse? No.

Jesus didn't start the catholic church. I didn't say anything else then that.
I'm still waiting for you to tell me who did.

FHII said:
I'd like to add that I am not a protestant. Also the protestant inqiusition has nothing to do with this thread. And frankly Im not even sure the was one....
I offer scholarly documentation, you offer hate speech. You don't like, or are ignorant of, the facts of history so you fall for every lie that comes along. Neither Protestants or Catholics today are accountable for what happened 1000 years ago. It's a stupid argument. But you turn a blind eye to the facts yet make asinine assertions with no supporting evidence. Again, who founded the Catholic Church?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:

I offer scholarly documentation, you offer hate speech. You don't like, or are ignorant of, the facts of history so you fall for every lie that comes along. Neither Protestants or Catholics today are accountable for what happened 1000 years ago. It's a stupid argument. But you turn a blind eye to the facts yet make asinine assertions with no supporting evidence. Again, who founded the Catholic Church?
First off...i never claimed to know who started the Catholic Church (although i do know) . i just said it wasn't Jesus and that happens tobe true.

Nextyou offered what you "think" is scholarly. I reject it. Not cause I've read it. But because you put it forth. Unfair? Hey toots... I never even gave a source and you rejected it!

In other words.... I reject it based on your reputation.

I ain't playing your games kapha...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right though.... What is in the past is done. I would really like to hear one catholic say that though. Id lije to hear just one catholic say that their chuch did some F.U.S. and aplogize.

I would actually forgive them.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ScaliaFan said:
Jesus was risen from the dead, and in heaven, before any physical 'church' was established. When Jesus speaks of the word, "church', He is referring to His followers/sheep... those who believe in Him and follow His words/works, as He has commanded, and also, the ten commandments. Those who CHANGE His words through additions/deletions and erroneous practices, are NOT His sheep. He has told us, that we do not know how to pray, and thus, gave us The Lord's Prayer, which glorifies His/our Father in heaven...The Lord God Almighty. Praying to anyone else, changes The Word, and since The Word of God, 'IS GOD', results in breaking the commandment, "Thou shalt have no gods before me." Praying to another god, is evil. Mary IS NOT the mother of God. She is the mother of The Son of Man. She IS NOT the mother of The Lord of Hosts.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Neither Protestants or Catholics today are accountable for what happened 1000 years ag
God thinsk otherwise. Do you realyy think God is going to let those who make a mockery of him for all those years, who slandered His name, made him a God with a murderous reputation, who sold slavation for a price even at the cost of ones life, who say the yare called by his name and who are not, do you realyy think God wil lidly stanby and pretend it never happened well there time is at hand, he has warned us, "come out of her my people", but if maybe you are not His people you might remain, andd for those who gave Gods ear who have being crying out for all teh sins pressed against them.

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

God will not forget.

She is not alone, for as she is so are her daughters and they to will be jusdged as she is.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
FHII said:
I have always been curious when people claim they are not a Protestant. Since the word describes anyone who is a Christian that follows the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran etc etc. does that mean that you FHII follow some principles BEFORE the Reformation? If so, what principles or church or belief system?

Not sure if there was a Protestant Inquisition? Are you being serious or are you just trying to make Kepha mad??

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:

According to my Bible Paul was sent by Jesus to the Gentiles and anyone else that would hear his message of God's grace.

The Law came by the Jewish religion as taught by Jesus and the 12 to the Jews.

Grace came by Paul's message of grace.

Therefore the church started when Paul preached the message of grace.

As for evidence I offer God's word.

Acts 9:14-15
14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name."
15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
NKJV

Acts 13:46-47
46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said,"It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so the Lord has commanded us: 'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.'"
NKJV

Us = Paul and Barnabas

Verse 47 above says it all for me.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I have always been curious when people claim they are not a Protestant. Since the word describes anyone who is a Christian that follows the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran etc etc. does that mean that you FHII follow some principles BEFORE the Reformation? If so, what principles or church or belief system?

Not sure if there was a Protestant Inquisition? Are you being serious or are you just trying to make Kepha mad??
There are Catholics who believe that their church is the mother church. Furthermore, all protestants are rebellious children of the catholic church. I will not even hint to validate that claim by allowing myself to be called a protestant. Furthermore, i am not protesting the catholic church nor am i trying to (or wanting to it) reformed. I simply reject those catholic teachings which are false, and the protestants kept alot of them as well.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
FHII said:
There are Catholics who believe that their church is the mother church. Furthermore, all protestants are rebellious children of the catholic church. I will not even hint to validate that claim by allowing myself to be called a protestant. Furthermore, i am not protesting the catholic church nor am i trying to (or wanting to it) reformed. I simply reject those catholic teachings which are false, and the protestants kept alot of them as well.
So it sounds like you want to pick and choose what Catholic beliefs you like and what Protestant beliefs you like (creating your own beliefs/doctrine) and then call yourself________________. (fill in the blank)

Cathestant! Protolic! :popcorn:
Catholics believe they have the truth. Protestants believe they have the truth. Do you think you have the truth?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
So it sounds like you want to pick and choose what Catholic beliefs you like and what Protestant beliefs you like (creating your own beliefs/doctrine) and then call yourself________________. (fill in the blank)

Cathestant! Protolic! :popcorn:
Catholics believe they have the truth. Protestants believe they have the truth. Do you think you have the truth?
Tom, the Bible is my doctrine. I could care less about what the catholics or protestants believe.

If they somehow stumble into a truth.... Then praise God.