Why is Mary blessed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:48 …for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed!

Why is Mary blessed?

cos she brought forth our
savior? Matt 1:21

cos she consented to our salvation? Lk 1:38

Cos she believed? Lk 1:45

cos God created Her soul immaculate? Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

all the above?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:48 …for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed!

Why is Mary blessed?

cos she brought forth our
savior? Matt 1:21

cos she consented to our salvation? Lk 1:38

Cos she believed? Lk 1:45

cos God created Her soul immaculate? Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

all the above?

! and 3 are correct. 2 and 4 are manmade!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
! and 3 are correct. 2 and 4 are manmade!

Lk 1:38 pictures her consenting to our salvation!

Lk 1:49 says God did mighty things plural, the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus are the only possibilities!

and her existence her soul magnify’s the Lord! The immaculate conception would be necessary for that! Lk 1:46

and for the Holy Spirit to overshadow her and the child to be the holy son of God! Lk 1:35

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:38 pictures her consenting to our salvation!

Lk 1:49 says God did mighty things plural, the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus are the only possibilities!

and her existence her soul magnify’s the Lord! The immaculate conception would be necessary for that! Lk 1:46

and for the Holy Spirit to overshadow her and the child to be the holy son of God! Lk 1:35

Well to a Romanist they are the only possibilities- but that is how you were indoctrinated. But that is not the Word of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:28 says she is already blessed before consenting to our salvation or conception of Christ!

it is her person that is blessed!

Lk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, c'mon. The Bible does not say that.

Yes!

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Without Mary being immaculate the Holy Spirit could not conceive the “holy” son of God in Her!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Without Mary being immaculate the Holy Spirit could not conceive the “holy” son of God in Her!

Oy vey! Again? Like a parrot.

The woman in Genesis 3 is Eve, not Mary. Genesis 3:6-7, "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves." Genesis 3:12-15, "The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it. Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman, => the same person!!! <=
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Without Mary being immaculate the Holy Spirit could not conceive the “holy” son of God in Her? God can do whatever He wants. He could have chosen someone else; it wasn't dependent on any quality of Mary and it didn't make her "immaculate".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oy vey! Again? Like a parrot.

The woman in Genesis 3 is Eve, not Mary. Genesis 3:6-7, "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves." Genesis 3:12-15, "The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it. Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman, => the same person!!! <=
he will crush your head,

Without Mary being immaculate the Holy Spirit could not conceive the “holy” son of God in Her? God can do whatever He wants. He could have chosen someone else; it wasn't dependent on any quality of Mary and it didn't make her "immaculate".

God made her immaculate! Lk 1:49 see my thread in this forum called the wonder of divine providence

and God’s holiness would prevent his overshadowing her
As he overshadowed the ark, the ark had to be pure immaculate and holy!

mary is the dwelling place of God so she must be pure and holy!

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could Mary if she is a sinner and be the means by which God brings our salvation and conquers the empire of satan and crushes his proud head?

Mary is not the means by which God brings our salvation and conquers the empire of Satan. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross did that, nobody else.

"Crushes his proud head" is your usual misinterpretation of Genesis. God spoke to the serpent and said...

"And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
he will crush your head,

So the serpent -- Satan -- will strike Jesus' heel? How come that never happened?

"To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

So if this is Mary, then God is telling her that Joseph will rule over her after she had children (plural).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is not the means by which God brings our salvation and conquers the empire of Satan. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross did that, nobody else.

mary brought forth the savior of the world! Matt 1:21
Mary consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

"Crushes his proud head" is your usual misinterpretation of Genesis. God spoke to the serpent and said...

"And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
he will crush your head,

So the serpent -- Satan -- will strike Jesus' heel? How come that never happened?

"To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

So if this is Mary, then God is telling her that Joseph will rule over her after she had children (plural).

To Eve
Gen 3:13 And the Lord God said to the woman: Why hast thou done this? And she answered: The serpent deceived me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said to the serpent: Because thou hast done this thing, thou art cursed among all cattle, and beasts of the earth: upon thy breast shalt thou go, and earth shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.

15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel. (Refers to Mary and Jesus)

“now back to Eve”!
16 To the woman also he said: I will multiply thy sorrows, and thy conceptions: in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children, and thou shalt be under thy husband's power, and he shall have dominion over thee.

verse 15 is the first gospel
The first promise of redemption and is about Jesus and Mary!

Eve never had enmity with satan

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Eve
Gen 3:13 And the Lord God said to the woman: Why hast thou done this? And she answered: The serpent deceived me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said to the serpent: Because thou hast done this thing, thou art cursed among all cattle, and beasts of the earth: upon thy breast shalt thou go, and earth shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.

15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel. (Refers to Mary and Jesus)

“now back to Eve”!
16 To the woman also he said: I will multiply thy sorrows, and thy conceptions: in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children, and thou shalt be under thy husband's power, and he shall have dominion over thee.

verse 15 is the first gospel
The first promise of redemption and is about Jesus and Mary!

Eve never had enmity with satan

Why do you distort what the Bible clearly says?

The woman in Genesis is Eve. Not "back to" rationalization. It's clear that Eve's offspring are all people, including Mary. She was born a sinner just like everyone else, and was a sinner until the day that she died.

And verse 15 does not refer to Jesus. He was a child of God from the moment his mother (a sinner) became pregnant.

Now, the following verse (16) says...

To the woman he said,

“I will greatly increase your labor pains;
with pain you will give birth to children.
You will want to control your husband,
but he will dominate you.”

So now we're back to Eve a moment later? Notice the use of the word "children". If Mary was "ever virgin", why does it say "children"? As I have shown many times, Jesus had brothers, so she was never "ever virgin".

Also, continuing your misinterpretation, Mary wanted to control Joseph by he dominated her.

Clearly, you can't distort God's truth as written in the Bible and create myths to suit your ideology.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you distort what the Bible clearly says?

The woman in Genesis is Eve. Not "back to" rationalization. It's clear that Eve's offspring are all people, including Mary. She was born a sinner just like everyone else, and was a sinner until the day that she died.

And verse 15 does not refer to Jesus. He was a child of God from the moment his mother (a sinner) became pregnant.

Now, the following verse (16) says...

To the woman he said,

“I will greatly increase your labor pains;
with pain you will give birth to children.
You will want to control your husband,
but he will dominate you.”

So now we're back to Eve a moment later? Notice the use of the word "children". If Mary was "ever virgin", why does it say "children"? As I have shown many times, Jesus had brothers, so she was never "ever virgin".

Also, continuing your misinterpretation, Mary wanted to control Joseph by he dominated her.

Clearly, you can't distort God's truth as written in the Bible and create myths to suit your ideology.

I showed you it’s very possible that they can be Jesus’s brothers and not be Mary’s son’s

why do you reject the Bible?
Matt 28:19 the church commanded to teach all men!

And it teaches Gen 3:15 refers to Jesus as the seed of Mary immaculate!
and it teaches the perpetual virginity
Obey Lk 10:16
And hear Jesus by hearing His church! Matt 18:17 must hear the church 1 Tim 3:15 church is the pillar of truth

but I’m sure you will continue to be the arbiter of truth in your mind!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I showed you it’s very possible that they can be Jesus’s brothers and not be Mary’s son’s

why do you reject the Bible?
Matt 28:19 the church commanded to teach all men!

And it teaches Gen 3:15 refers to Jesus as the seed of Mary immaculate!
and it teaches the perpetual virginity
Obey Lk 10:16
And hear Jesus by hearing His church! Matt 18:17 must hear the church 1 Tim 3:15 church is the pillar of truth

but I’m sure you will continue to be the arbiter of truth in your mind!

At least I am both sane and rational. I don't believe one myth after another, unlike yourself.

Genesis never mentions Jesus nor Mary. And Mary never had "perpetual virginity" It's all in your head!

Why do you quote the Bible in one sentence (even incorrectly) then deny what its says in another sentence? Jesus had brothers (whether you believe it or not).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I am both sane and rational. I don't believe one myth after another, unlike yourself.

Genesis never mentions Jesus nor Mary. And Mary never had "perpetual virginity" It's all in your head!

Why do you quote the Bible in one sentence (even incorrectly) then deny what its says in another sentence? Jesus had brothers (whether you believe it or not).

brothers is not an issue for me!
As long as you stop claiming that they are children of Mary!

Mark 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon?

Joses, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Acts 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!)

Gen 3:15 is the first promise of redemption
Enmity total war
You can see this in rev 12 and its again Mary as satans adversary

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brothers is not an issue for me!
As long as you stop claiming that they are children of Mary!

Mark 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon?

Joses, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Acts 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!)

Gen 3:15 is the first promise of redemption
Enmity total war
You can see this in rev 12 and its again Mary as satans adversary

Another Mary? Why don't you believe what the Bible clearly says instead of inventing some off-the-wall interpretation? The Bible says that Jesus had brothers! End of discussion. If you disagree, take it up with God.

Genesis 3:15 says, "And I will put hostility between you and the woman
and between your offspring and her offspring;
he will strike your head,

a) No mention of Mary.
b) if you claim it's Mary, then she is a descendent of sinful Eve.

Revelation 12 is a) John's vision and b) the woman is not Mary, as I have proven from Scripture. This verse alone clearly shows that: "But the woman was given the two wings of a giant eagle so that she could fly out into the wilderness, to the place God prepared for her, where she is taken care of—away from the presence of the serpent—for a time, times, and half a time." Did Mary have "two wings of a giant eagle"? Did she go into the wilderness? Neither one makes any sense according to what the Bible clearly says about Mary, the mother of Jesus and His brothers.

You are delusional!