Why praise God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why praise God when a doctor does what hes triand for. God never done the healing the doctor did. If God get the glory for the successes who gets the blame for millions of failures?
God treat every one the same and has no favourets. What He does for one He does for all.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, we all know, or should know, that all healing is of God, whether a doctor is involved or not. When my pastor's wife had Pancreatic cancer 5 years ago, the oncologist who confirmed another doctor's diagnosis asked her if she believed in God. She told him, yes. He then told her to put her trust in Him, because he [the doctor] could do nothing but relieve her pain. [Many were praying and continued to do so, but about 2½ months after the diagnosis, she was gone. But... she had lived close to God for most of her 90 years. During those last few weeks while enduring severe pain in spite of the best efforts of medicine, she encouraged everyone who visited her advising them all to put their trust always in God.

As to why we should praise God consider the follow verse from Psalms:

"But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel." Psalm 22:3

And just who is Israel, but "he that will rule as God"?

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Rom 9:6-7

To me Israel, in addition to being the natural sons of Jacob in the OT, is God's chosen people at any time. If we are His people and we praise Him, will not He be inhabiting our praises?

Why praise God indeed? Why pray? Why trust in God for anything? When God is limited, is it not people who limit Him?

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God get the glory for the successes who gets the blame for millions of failures?

Matthew 10
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.

1 Samuel 2
6 “The Lord kills and makes alive;
He brings down to the grave and brings up.

People die because the time they were allotted has run out. People don't receive healings due to the absence of God in the situation.

l

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[
Why praise God when a doctor does what hes triand for. God never done the healing the doctor did. If God get the glory for the successes who gets the blame for millions of failures?
God treat every one the same and has no favourets. What He does for one He does for all.
The failures are on the part of men involved. God does not fail, but men most certainly and always have since that first disobedience. Jesus is the only one who ever walked as a man of flesh on planet earth and never failed. He never failed because He always knew the Word of God [Was He not the Word of God?]. Nevertheless, He did not attempt to heal when it was the wrong time or place. He was in touch with His Father and knew what needed to occur in each instance of apparent need. When we have that kind of Spirit and continual contact with the Father, we will also never fail. Who today has such an unbroken line with the Father? Who is it that never quenches the Spirit of God in him?

To attain such a place is not impossible for God in us, but without the power of God working in us, it most certainly is.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So if the opperation works its God if it doesnt its man. So God picks the odd ones here and there to be healed. Sorry that does not add up. If God is going to heal them why bother wasting the doctors time. There way to busy. We were not asked to go to the doctors in scripture ever. Luke never took his doctors bag with him. If the doctors is all we got then until we start representing Christ properly fine. But God piad for our healing through CHrist. And we recive it by faith. Faith moves the mountian some times doctors can some times they cant. Its not God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So if the opperation works its God if it doesnt its man. So God picks the odd ones here and there to be healed. Sorry that does not add up. If God is going to heal them why bother wasting the doctors time. There way to busy. We were not asked to go to the doctors in scripture ever. Luke never took his doctors bag with him. If the doctors is all we got then until we start representing Christ properly fine. But God piad for our healing through CHrist. And we recive it by faith. Faith moves the mountian some times doctors can some times they cant. Its not God.
But all you are doing is laying stumbling blocks before man. What if someone does as you say, than after failure after failure, He finally decides God is not real and walks away. What are you going to say to Him?? His faith was not enough?? And than you will eb held accountable, is that waht you want on your shoulders.??

Jesus did the Will of God, HE healed when it was time like this bit,

oh 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sword wrote, So God picks the odd ones here and there to be healed. Sorry that does not add up.

John 5

What about Bethesda, the open air hospital, multitudes sick? Why would Jesus heal just one person? The man that was healed couldn't make it to the pool when the angel stirs the water to get his healing. So what happened? Jesus went looking for him and only him, the Angel went to him specifically. Jesus asked him "Do you want to get better?" Why would Jesus ask him this rhetorical question, the man had been sick for 38 years, you would think he would say, "Yes!", but he didn't, instead, he gave reasons why he couldn't get healed. Jesus then says, "“Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” What if the man said to Jesus, "I can't get up, I can't walk"? would he have been healed anyway? I don't think so. Instead, the man believed Jesus and was healed.

Interesting to note that Bethesda, in Hebrew, means "house of mercy". So, the question is, do you want to be made whole?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
People die because the time they were allotted has run out. People don't receive healings due to the absence of God in the situation.
amen. We can label what killed them, but that is mostly irrelevant. We are all going to die one day, and it will likely be deemed a "tragedy" by someone or other, someone close to us i guess, and we will also receive a "diagnosis."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The failures are always men's failures for God does not fail. That we do not always follow God or trust in God as we should is a given. We need to improve or be improved in the way we deal with God. There is no doubt about that for anyone who ever stands in God's way.

As far as healing is concerned, who needs physical healing. Anyone who is sick wants it, but that does not mean that it is the best thing for them. Was it the best thing for King Hezekiah when he received his healing and had 15 years of natural life added to him?

What is the most important thing is pleasing God and becoming what He wants each of us to become. The short course that each of us has here as a man encased in a body of flesh is part of our trial and it is our stewardship, but the important part is what we will have, if anything, when our course is finished. What is a hundred years. My maternal grandmother died in 2003 at 100 years of age. While I always got along with her and like her, to my knowledge she never knew God. What does she have now? I don't know, but God certainly does and what she has is in accord with what she did or did not do with what she had here during those 100 years.

Jesus did not heal the lame man at the Beautiful Gate [Acts chapter 3] even though he went to the temple many times and certainly passed by the man. The lame man was always there. It had been there daily for how many years? Why didn't Jesus heal him? Why was it not until after the resurrection that he was healed when Peter and John was going up to the temple to pray? Jesus always knew who was to be healed and who was not among those that He encountered.

In God's time Jesus healed who was to be healed. In God's time, Peter and John healed who was to be healed.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;" Ecc 3:3

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But all you are doing is laying stumbling blocks before man. What if someone does as you say, than after failure after failure, He finally decides God is not real and walks away. What are you going to say to Him?? His faith was not enough?? And than you will eb held accountable, is that waht you want on your shoulders.??

Jesus did the Will of God, HE healed when it was time like this bit,

oh 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
We know what Jesus done now he sits at the right hand of God who also sits. Its a genuine quesition.
Can you answer it or not?? People walk away all the time because almost the whole church has no signs following.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The failures are always men's failures for God does not fail. That we do not always follow God or trust in God as we should is a given. We need to improve or be improved in the way we deal with God. There is no doubt about that for anyone who ever stands in God's way.

As far as healing is concerned, who needs physical healing. Anyone who is sick wants it, but that does not mean that it is the best thing for them. Was it the best thing for King Hezekiah when he received his healing and had 15 years of natural life added to him?

What is the most important thing is pleasing God and becoming what He wants each of us to become. The short course that each of us has here as a man encased in a body of flesh is part of our trial and it is our stewardship, but the important part is what we will have, if anything, when our course is finished. What is a hundred years. My maternal grandmother died in 2003 at 100 years of age. While I always got along with her and like her, to my knowledge she never knew God. What does she have now? I don't know, but God certainly does and what she has is in accord with what she did or did not do with what she had here during those 100 years.

Jesus did not heal the lame man at the Beautiful Gate [Acts chapter 3] even though he went to the temple many times and certainly passed by the man. The lame man was always there. It had been there daily for how many years? Why didn't Jesus heal him? Why was it not until after the resurrection that he was healed when Peter and John was going up to the temple to pray? Jesus always knew who was to be healed and who was not among those that He encountered.

In God's time Jesus healed who was to be healed. In God's time, Peter and John healed who was to be healed.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;" Ecc 3:3
You are adding to scripture it did not say he was there all the times Jesus was there. how many healking do you read about where it mentions Gods time None. Stop adding again.
Forget the the old covanant verses that bring confusion to the whole church. We are under a new covanant . All things are new. All not some all. By His stripes you are healed.
None of you answerd the question yet.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We know what Jesus done now he sits at the right hand of God who also sits. Its a genuine quesition.
Can you answer it or not?? People walk away all the time because almost the whole church has no signs following.
Whats teh question??

I walked out of church years ago, not because there are no signs, but simple because it is not of God.

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

She is a harlot and not very pretty.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whats teh question??

I walked out of church years ago, not because there are no signs, but simple because it is not of God.

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

She is a harlot and not very pretty.
Read the post before posting?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword wrote, So God picks the odd ones here and there to be healed. Sorry that does not add up.

John 5

What about Bethesda, the open air hospital, multitudes sick? Why would Jesus heal just one person? The man that was healed couldn't make it to the pool when the angel stirs the water to get his healing. So what happened? Jesus went looking for him and only him, the Angel went to him specifically. Jesus asked him "Do you want to get better?" Why would Jesus ask him this rhetorical question, the man had been sick for 38 years, you would think he would say, "Yes!", but he didn't, instead, he gave reasons why he couldn't get healed. Jesus then says, "“Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” What if the man said to Jesus, "I can't get up, I can't walk"? would he have been healed anyway? I don't think so. Instead, the man believed Jesus and was healed.

Interesting to note that Bethesda, in Hebrew, means "house of mercy". So, the question is, do you want to be made whole?

Where does God say Jesus went looking for him and only him. God never said that You did. So you are adding to Gods word. Theres a warning in revelation for you.
Where does it say jesus healed only one? It doesnt You said that again. Your making a habit of adding whats not there.

And the man believed ooops there ya go again it does not say that. you are ing quite a bit here. I would stop that if I were you.
No I think the question is why do you keep adding on what it never said?

Theea little vers you and many other are not giving much credit to. IF every thing Jesus done were written down then ALL the BOOKS in the world could not contain everything He done.
That quite a verse dont ya think. wonder if he healed more at the pool and never recorded it? What do you think your version or mine is correct. You added yours mine is scripture. Your is punishable mine is blessed truth.