why respect for Abel’s offering?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Does this approach mean that you also feel Adam and Eve didn't really exist as two people walking around a plot of ground either?
no, but i can certainly suggest that approaching them as a spiritual lesson rather than as historical account will be much more spiritually fruitful. How real they ever were will not be affected in the least i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Consider the parable of the sower and the seed. The ground has to be fertile to take the good seed and produce life. Otherwise...there is no root and the sun burns it up or the fowls come along and eat the seed. The ground is man's heart...the Spirit has to be there for His Word (the Lord)to take root and produce. A heart of flesh not stone. God gives the increase. The Spirit of God overshadowed Mary and life was planted. A child (The Word of God) sprung forth as promised. Wasn't the Law showing, as with Cain, our own toiling and tilling could not produce strength.(Life found only in Christ.)
nice, we have parables about ground being poisoned, chiefly by "salt," huh? some interesting reflections there too i guess. Also some trees are cut down, some stumps regrow, and some trees get uprooted, too, and put in other soil.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
nope, to think a thing is just that, has no bearing on faith, again, actors can think a thing a be representatives of feelings and opinions. (actors, also are known as professional liars)

though faith has bearing on what one may think at the time, faith is:
(OED)
I. Belief, trust, confidence.

1. a. Confidence, reliance, trust (in the ability, goodness, etc., of a person; in the efficacy or worth of a thing; or in the truth of a statement or doctrine). Const. in, †of. In early use, only with reference to religious objects; this is still the prevalent application, and often colours the wider use.

a mental state can be the result of one's faith, but faith isn't a mental state. it is true that faith comes by hearing, but people respond to what they are already ready to believe and trust. hence good ground rocky ground and the like in the Lord's parable.

Yet we are told to have the same attitude as Christ, to change our attitude towards God and others, that the spirit judges our attitude. It follows that our attitude towards God is important and has significant bearing towatds our relationship with God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and by the looks of it
Well, this "blind guy" is trying hard to follow you.
and i don't mean to imply that DP is the blind either, sorry, i was speaking more generally
for all i know he is the one you should be listening to :)
consider both iow
truth is established in the mouth of two or three
reduxed

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet we are told to have the same attitude as Christ, to change our attitude towards God and others, that the spirit judges our attitude. It follows that our attitude towards God is important and has significant bearing towatds our relationship with God.

who's telling you that attitude is important?

again the wicked can maintain a what you might call a "good attitude" in your judgement.