Why some are Blinded to the Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12:39 - Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: 40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.”

1 Corinthians 2:11 - For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Corinthians 3:14 - But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because even the body of Christ can be too self absorbed, to the detriment of the whole world.

Not God's plan, but like Satan did to Job, Satan has done to the church. Time to stop wallowing in self pity and self righteousness. But to repent and let God do God’s Will, so the whole world can be saved.

Reactions: Rocky Wiley

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And a second question would be: why are some so blinded to the word...but think they arent??

The nature of deception is that you are not aware that you are deceived.

There are more Christian heretics then there are believers who are this..... Hebrews 13:9.

How do you discover a heretic? You find out one simple thing...
Do they believe that "Jesus who saved them, Keeps them saved".
A genuine heretic will never agree with that statement.
A genuine heretic will always sound like this.....>"yes, Jesus saved me....but,....but......but. .. you see, ... you see.... you have to..... you have to......DO and DO and DO....and NOT DO. and NOT DO........to keep yourself saved.""""
Thats a genuine heretic.
They are a "self saver". They will argue till they explode that you have to do things or you will "lose your salvation".
A heretic, will always always teach, that you can "lose your salvation", because they DO NOT TRUST CHRIST TO KEEP THEM SAVED.
They Trust "SELF" to keep them saved.
= The heretic = 100%
Here is the Heretic's Salvation

The Cross + my Self effort

Reactions: Earburner

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And a second question would be: why are some so blinded to the word...but think they arent??
It is according to Apostle Paul a lack of love of truth. Remember that Pontius Pilate asked, What is truth?

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Who is able now to see Jesus? Everyone that reads the Bible? I would certainly say, Not! Why is anyone reading the Bible? Looking to prove or disprove a belief or doctrine or to find the one we love?

"By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?" Song of Solomon 3:1-3

If we really love him, are we not searching diligently so as to see the face of our beloved?

But are not many blind to everything but their own selfish blessings? Salvation? Unending Life? Is that love of Truth? Is that love of Jesus?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Read 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
It says that there are some who will never believe and as Romans 9:22 says; are made for destruction.
Seems tough to us, but who are we to question God?

This truth does not mean we can give up on anybody, we must be seen to be working toward saving all the ungodly. many missionaries have worked all their lives and not saved anyone, but still they will be rewarded for their efforts.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?
Wanted to hear thoughts before I continued..
My thoughts are this. In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
Perhaps what we think are those sisters and brothers who in our judgment are blind to the word are in God's eyes, those for whom the word appears differently. And we for whom the word seems to appear correct judge others as being blind because the word the individual is to understand and be led by is unique to that one. Therefore, what we see ourselves being led to understand is God's will to lead us where he wants us to journey to achieve the blessings and lessons in store. And perhaps that is also what is happening for those we perceive as blind to that same word.

If it is a relationship that we're in, and I believe it is, I think a healthy relationship communicates uniquely to each person within it as to how best they may understand the conversation they're having with one another.
In other words, if I speak Mandarin and the person I'm in relationship speaks Gaelic we're not going to communicate well. However, if that person is multilingual and then concedes to speak Mandarin so that I may join them in a fruitful conversation, we will then communicate well and understand one another.

I think that is how God works too. He knew us before we entered the womb. Therefore, he knows who we are and what we need at all times. We all need different things in our life and are on unique paths in our journey with God. I don't think it is a by rote communication that leads us on that path. I think it is a unique communication that leads us where we need take our steps to fulfill God's will for us.

That's just my thoughts. Rather a long thought but there you have it. Thank you for reading. Blessings, W. :)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then I would answer, their pride blinds them. ...

I would disagree as to why they think they "see" but are actually "blind". It seems to me the answer comes from Hosea 4:6 which says "my people perish for lack of knowledge". And where these people THINK they have knowledge, they really don't.

Take for example the MOST SIMPLE prophetic concept in Dan. 2. The commentators assert that there are FOUR World Empires:

1. Gold, Babylon
2. Silver, Medo/Persia'
3. Bronze, Greece
4.a. Iron, Rome
4.b. Clay, Revived Rome

But 2:45 provides the INTELLIGENT DESIGN SEQUENCE: Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. And the FIFTH is called a "Divided Kingdom" exactly as History documents with our THREE SUPERPOWERS and the United Nations.

There was a "Prophecy Teacher" who our pastor invited to the church many years ago who couldn't spell "prophecy" but by GOD he was going to "teach" it. And when I told the guy's wife about the verse 45 sequence of FIVE, her expression turned into ANGER, she DEMANDED that my VERSION was INCORRECT, and then stormed off.

They, like so many, have made up their minds and REFUSE to be confused by the FACTS.

So although basic error is from a lack of KNOWLEDGE, that same KNOWLEDGE just might be contributed to by laziness and even PRIDE! ;)

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can't agree ,The bible is the written Word,and Christ is that Word therefore the two can't be seperated

So the bible is God???

Oh yes they can,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and this bit

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

and again

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

but men keep denying Him and worshiping the bible and giving Him no glory, Idols in the hearts of men

Reactions: amadeus

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would disagree as to why they think they "see" but are actually "blind". It seems to me the answer comes from Hosea 4:6 which says "my people perish for lack of knowledge". And where these people THINK they have knowledge, they really don't.

Take for example the MOST SIMPLE prophetic concept in Dan. 2. The commentators assert that there are FOUR World Empires:

1. Gold, Babylon
2. Silver, Medo/Persia'
3. Bronze, Greece
4.a. Iron, Rome
4.b. Clay, Revived Rome

But 2:45 provides the INTELLIGENT DESIGN SEQUENCE: Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. And the FIFTH is called a "Divided Kingdom" exactly as History documents with our THREE SUPERPOWERS and the United Nations.

There was a "Prophecy Teacher" who our pastor invited to the church many years ago who couldn't spell "prophecy" but by GOD he was going to "teach" it. And when I told the guy's wife about the verse 45 sequence of FIVE, her expression turned into ANGER, she DEMANDED that my VERSION was INCORRECT, and then stormed off.

They, like so many, have made up their minds and REFUSE to be confused by the FACTS.

So although basic error is from a lack of KNOWLEDGE, that same KNOWLEDGE just might be contributed to by laziness and even PRIDE! ;)

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo
In as much as I agree with you of there being 5 empires, as opposed to 4, you might want to consider the following perspective that describes the 5th, of which you are already partly correct.

In Revelation 13:1-2 we have the beginning description of the Beast, as being a conglomorate Beast made up of the noticeable characteristics of the 3 Beasts that appeared in the world before it's time.

In Daniel, we are shown those 3 beasts, and the 4th Beast with 10 horns, but as it is with much of prophecy, that which is shown symbolically, does not always appear in an instance on the world stage. Though there is much speculation of who exactly the 10H are, I have come to understand that those 10H have not appeared yet, but do in the end of time for this world. For my reasoning, we have two clues for their timing. They are found in Revelation 17:12 and 16.

In verse 12, the words: "which have received no kingdom as yet;" explains thoroughly that these 10H suddenly are given "crowns". Iows, they are appointed authority by the Beast, with the Beast as their over lord.

As you have already put forth the 4 Beasts, that are prior to the Beast of Rev. 13:1-2, I shall now share briefly what I see about the 5th Beast made of clay and iron.
1. 10H Beast of Rev. is the Financial Empire of the wealthy banking elite, aka the families of Rothchild, Rockefeller, JP Morgan etc. *This Empire has no militaristic persuasion of its own, but in the end will appoint 10 countries to do their bidding. All of this combination of "clay and iron" has its origins in Europe.

2. The 2H lamb like Beast is the US, aka "the false prophet", and is currently under the control of the 10H Beast, shaping the world of its design, by "making fire come down from heaven, in the sight of men" (to cause fear and therefore compliance).

3. The Image of the 10H Beast is the UN

*4. In the end, the Beast shall select 10 powers/countries of military might out of NATO. They will enforce the global legislation of the UN (the Image), just prior to Christs Glorious and fiery return from Heaven.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the bible is God???

Oh yes they can,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and this bit

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

and again

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

but men keep denying Him and worshiping the bible and giving Him no glory, Idols in the hearts of men
The letter of the Law. The NT did not exist as a Bible, when that was written. There were thousands of manuscripts, all those letters sent from hundreds of churches all over the world. The "letter" was the Law and the Prophets. It was the OT that offered death, death because of sin, and no one able to keep the whole law. Yes, even the OT is the Word. It was not the words still that "killed". It was the fact of attempting to live without Jesus Christ giving a human the ability to live the law. Most humans either try to live the law without Jesus Christ. Or they live the letter of the NT, without the power of the Holy Spirit. One cannot do as they please and leave out half the process, one way or the other.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My thoughts are this. In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
Perhaps what we think are those sisters and brothers who in our judgment are blind to the word are in God's eyes, those for whom the word appears differently. And we for whom the word seems to appear correct judge others as being blind because the word the individual is to understand and be led by is unique to that one. Therefore, what we see ourselves being led to understand is God's will to lead us where he wants us to journey to achieve the blessings and lessons in store. And perhaps that is also what is happening for those we perceive as blind to that same word.

If it is a relationship that we're in, and I believe it is, I think a healthy relationship communicates uniquely to each person within it as to how best they may understand the conversation they're having with one another.
In other words, if I speak Mandarin and the person I'm in relationship speaks Gaelic we're not going to communicate well. However, if that person is multilingual and then concedes to speak Mandarin so that I may join them in a fruitful conversation, we will then communicate well and understand one another.

I think that is how God works too. He knew us before we entered the womb. Therefore, he knows who we are and what we need at all times. We all need different things in our life and are on unique paths in our journey with God. I don't think it is a by rote communication that leads us on that path. I think it is a unique communication that leads us where we need take our steps to fulfill God's will for us.

That's just my thoughts. Rather a long thought but there you have it. Thank you for reading. Blessings, W. :)
Hi; in Acts we read of Lydia, 'whose heart the Lord opened'. Such a need for God Himself to open the understanding of the Scriptures.

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi; in Acts we read of Lydia, 'whose heart the Lord opened'. Such a need for God Himself to open the understanding of the Scriptures.
Yes, Acts 16. Lydia was a seller of royal purple cloth in the city of Thyatira. She was also already a believer in God. The good news brought to the city people by Paul was new, and in a time when, as we know, there were a great many false teachers about the land. Lydia being a believer in God would have been blessed by God with discernment to receive the true good news delivered to the good people of that city.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, Acts 16. Lydia was a seller of royal purple cloth in the city of Thyatira. She was also already a believer in God. The good news brought to the city people by Paul was new, and in a time when, as we know, there were a great many false teachers about the land. Lydia being a believer in God would have been blessed by God with discernment to receive the true good news delivered to the good people of that city.
I think she was devout, with a knowledge of the Scriptures, and when the facts of the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus were proclaimed, Lydia's heart was opened in saving faith. Just goes to show the great value of the Scriptures and the work of the Holy Spirit in conversion. (Also, she was associated with a place 'where prayer was wont to be made'.)

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The answer is in Thessalonians

It was for their own good,as a quote from a movie comes to mind"You can't handle the truth"

Now what did I mean by that quote?

Only Christians can be deceived,as the rest of the world already are.

The biggest deception to EVER hit mankind is when satan pretends to be Christ.That's when Christians will die spiritually ,as they will go from a virgin to a whore for believing the lie.
And before you say,I can't be(deceived)it is God that will send it to ya

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

The above verse is the deception

The "Son of perdition" is Satan Remember, the temple of God is on mount Zion, and "on the side of the North". This person sitting there is sitting in God's seat, pretending to be God: "Showing himself that he is God."

Do you know what Jesus said about this very thing. Jesus called it in Matthew 24:15, the very same thing that Daniel called it in Daniel 9:27; "the Abomination of desolation". A more correct translation in the "James Moffatt translation Bible" is called "The abomination by the desolator".

"Satan claiming to be God" is the abomination, and "he" [Satan] is the desolator, for the entire world will believe him; except for God's elect, and all those who have the seal of God in their minds [foreheads]. The sealed of God have their gospel armor on, and they are ready to face Satan and his system in the spiritual warfare.

II Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness [deceit] of unrighteousness in [for] them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth,"

God is writing this letter to us personally, and we are responsible for understanding it. We are accountable to God to give answer for our actions. It is you and I, individually, that will stand before God and give our personal answer for the personal handling of His Word. There will be no preacher, friend or family member with you on that judgment day, for they will all be explaining and accounting for their own words and actions. If your pastor is one of the false shepherds, and led many saints astray, his ignorance won't help him or you

Now to my OP

II Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion [send them a working of error], that they should a lie;"

If you want to believe a lie, God will allow it; in fact he will help you into the system of deceptions Satan will bring on the earth. Do you really think God will come here and personally show you, and talk to you when you refuse to believe His Word, when He gave it in such detail through the prophets and His Son. If you desire to believe that your going to fly out of here, and refuse His word, He will so block your mind that you will not be capable of understanding truth. God will send the "strong delusion" over your mind. The strong delusion is an act of love given by God for your protection.

II Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned [judged] who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

This is the reason for the "strong delusion" of verse eleven; "That they might be damned", it would be more accurately translated "condemned". Condemned for not believing the truth in God's Word when given to them. They had the warning, but still followed Satan, and partook in his religious system.

"Pleasure in unrighteousness" is not referring to drunken brawls, or whore houses, but it is a continuation of the subject here at hand. That subject is "worshipping the Antichrist [Satan] as the true Christ." You will take pleasure in that damnable sin; that unrighteous act will be done in your total ignorance. It's easy to say "I'm saved", but saved from what? The subject here has changed from that of verse eight, to "being damned through deception." The traditions of men will change this subject, from "being deceived by Satan, and enjoying it" to petty activities of the day.

So the bottom line is that He's trying to protect you,as many,although Christian don't understand the truth and if you did you can't handle it,so in other words He's protecting you from yourself....

Reactions: Rocky Wiley