Why the advertisements???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of a sudden his site is displaying intrusive advertisements on all the forums. is this a new "Feature"???

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What does the Biblical verse mean by:
"As freely as you have received, freely give"

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Also what does the Biblical verse mean by: "Learn to live in the world and be not of it"

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Again what does the Biblical verse mean by: "Do nothing to put a stumbling block before your brother's and sister's"

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yet again what does the Biblical verse mean by: "Do not be conformed to the world and it's device's"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why the advertisements???
money money money......the driver!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think the serious lack of attention I receive by people when talking to them in person can be fixed simply by renting out some brain space to advertisement companies. Every 8 minutes of talking about something on my mind will follow up with personal ads for the thing's they want. (That's sure to keep them hanging around and pay attention to what I'm talking about)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does the Biblical verse mean by:
"As freely as you have received, freely give"
What you got for nothing, don't try to make gain by selling it to others for a price. IOW, if you got something from God for free, don't charge others to impart it to them. I think of the theological colleges and how they charge people to gain a degree in theology. Did Jesus charge people for the knowledge he imparted to them? Should you have to pay a minister or priest to perform a baptism or wedding? "You received free, give free". No one should be paid to do God's work.

Also what does the Biblical verse mean by: "Learn to live in the world and be not of it"
The world of mankind that is outside of the laws of God, have nothing of value to offer any Christian...and yet we have to live in the world.
The three main institutions that control our lives in one way or another are the political, commercial and religious elements....and all of them are corrupt, so I believe that we have to avoid having much to do with any of them. We still need to work to earn a living but we don't fall for the commercial traps designed to part us from our money. And the politics have become a sick joke...no one can believe politicians because they will all make empty promises just to get elected....and you are hard pressed to find a "Christian" who even knows what that means....

Again what does the Biblical verse mean by: "Do nothing to put a stumbling block before your brother's and sister's"
Do not present false ideas to others so that they lose their faith. Just because you believe something, doesn't make it correct.
If you cannot back it up by several scriptural references, then keep it to yourself. :My2c:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m just glad that someone is interested in keeping this site going…so, if it takes a few adds …no worries,
It cost us nothing ….so why complain.

thnx to the the new owner, no complaints here from me…

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For users of the Windows Edge browser...

You can block the ads by using the "InPrivate" settings. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the Edge window. Select "New InPrivate Window". When the new tab comes up, click on the "Always use “Strict” tracking prevention when browsing InPrivate" setting. (You only have to do this once; Windows will remember the setting.) After this, always browse using the InPrivate tab.

@Pearl, @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d, I know the ads bug you. Maybe this will help. I still haven't figured out how to block the ads in Chrome or Safari, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all that have had input into troubles with ads for those of us that keep seeing them.

I'm using a cheap tablet Samsung/ android and my search engine is google/ chrome. My gmail accounts are the same, plus I'm semi illerate to technology

I don't think nor react as fast as I once did.
Someone suggested Firefox which I downloaded but it seems to stall my other apps like long pause on bringing them open.

I have duck duck go for private accts but it seems not to store passwords like goggle.

I love my time here,word sharing,thoughts and even some opinions give pause for thought. I'm on another forum but they are so strict you can't discuss controversial topics.

I'll keep trying ,twice it took me 3 days to get my avatar rightly after cropping.

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For users of the Windows Edge browser...

You can block the ads by using the "InPrivate" settings. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the Edge window. Select "New InPrivate Window". When the new tab comes up, click on the "Always use “Strict” tracking prevention when browsing InPrivate" setting. (You only have to do this once; Windows will remember the setting.) After this, always browse using the InPrivate tab.

@Pearl, @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d, I know the ads bug you. Maybe this will help. I still haven't figured out how to block the ads in Chrome or Safari, though.
Thank you for the info it seems to have worked. I have seen no adverts this visit.

Reactions: Lambano and marks