Why the Sabbath is used by God as his seal.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath from Creation was a special day that was made for man and stamped a seal of Gods authority here that could not be denied.
o understand the importance of Gods Sabbath as it pertains to his authority we begin at the first day of creation.
Genesis 1:1-5
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning were the first day.
Thus the first day finished and we are told that Jesus was here with God as part of the trinity and yet he didnt make any claim for this day or mark it as a special day for man. Now contrast this with the way the seventh day is set aside:

Genesis 2:1-3
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [a] from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

So the creator of the heavens and earth rested from all his work on the seventh day and blessed it and made it holy. Was he tired after all those days of creation, of course not. He was making a exclamation point on his creation that it was his, and to drive the point home he set his standard or mark on it, the seal of his authority. This seal or mark. much as one see's on the front of stands of world leaders, was set on this planet to show his domain, lay claim, delineate his area of authority. Nothing was made on the sabbath so there was no reason for him to create it except as a gift which he had the power and authority to do. God placed His presence in the Sabbath by resting on that day. He "sanctified" the Sabbath, i.e., separated it, set it apart for holy use or purpose. He, not man, made the seventh day then made it the Sabbath and made it Holy and gave it to us.

Now since sin had not yet occurred on earth the concepts of murder or stealing had no meaning to Adam or Eve so God put the test of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. They still had a choice to obey, they were not held back from sinning but being in Gods love they had no need for anything in sin. God tells Man the results of going beyond Gods authority and into that of another, of making this choice which results in the wages of sin.

Genesis 2:15-17
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

This is why Satan fights so hard to wipe of the evidence of creation and do away with peoples belief in it as it sets Gods domain and the Sabbath his mark for all time. All the other commandments man could hide his sin or keep their sin from being uncovered so God put a clear mark showing his standard, so to follow the Sabbath it had to be evident, a clear sign to others of our love for God.

So a change to Gods mark of authority has much more than one would think. For what we see today that man does to brings his standard or flag and plants it to claim the domain of their King or Country so that all can see their declaration of authority, so the Sabbath at creation was Gods flag. It shows who put his standard on this earth at creation and claimed it as his own and put a sign of his authority on it, and who the usurper is when it comes to worship.

"..The change from Sabbath to Sunday was not simply one of names or numbers, but of authority, meaning and experience. It was a change from a holy day divinely established to enable us to experience more freely and more fully the awareness of divine presence and peace in our lives, into holiday which has become an occasion to seek for personal pleasure and profit...." HOW IT CAME ABOUT:FROM SABBATH TO SUNDAY ? Samuele Bacchiocchi, Ph. D., Andrews University

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath from Creation was a special day that was made for man and stamped a seal of Gods authority here that could not be denied.
o understand the importance of Gods Sabbath as it pertains to his authority we begin at the first day of creation.
Genesis 1:1-5
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning were the first day.
Thus the first day finished and we are told that Jesus was here with God as part of the trinity and yet he didnt make any claim for this day or mark it as a special day for man. Now contrast this with the way the seventh day is set aside:

Genesis 2:1-3
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [a] from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

So the creator of the heavens and earth rested from all his work on the seventh day and blessed it and made it holy. Was he tired after all those days of creation, of course not. He was making a exclamation point on his creation that it was his, and to drive the point home he set his standard or mark on it, the seal of his authority. This seal or mark. much as one see's on the front of stands of world leaders, was set on this planet to show his domain, lay claim, delineate his area of authority. Nothing was made on the sabbath so there was no reason for him to create it except as a gift which he had the power and authority to do. God placed His presence in the Sabbath by resting on that day. He "sanctified" the Sabbath, i.e., separated it, set it apart for holy use or purpose. He, not man, made the seventh day then made it the Sabbath and made it Holy and gave it to us.

Now since sin had not yet occurred on earth the concepts of murder or stealing had no meaning to Adam or Eve so God put the test of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. They still had a choice to obey, they were not held back from sinning but being in Gods love they had no need for anything in sin. God tells Man the results of going beyond Gods authority and into that of another, of making this choice which results in the wages of sin.

Genesis 2:15-17
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

This is why Satan fights so hard to wipe of the evidence of creation and do away with peoples belief in it as it sets Gods domain and the Sabbath his mark for all time. All the other commandments man could hide his sin or keep their sin from being uncovered so God put a clear mark showing his standard, so to follow the Sabbath it had to be evident, a clear sign to others of our love for God.

So a change to Gods mark of authority has much more than one would think. For what we see today that man does to brings his standard or flag and plants it to claim the domain of their King or Country so that all can see their declaration of authority, so the Sabbath at creation was Gods flag. It shows who put his standard on this earth at creation and claimed it as his own and put a sign of his authority on it, and who the usurper is when it comes to worship.

"..The change from Sabbath to Sunday was not simply one of names or numbers, but of authority, meaning and experience. It was a change from a holy day divinely established to enable us to experience more freely and more fully the awareness of divine presence and peace in our lives, into holiday which has become an occasion to seek for personal pleasure and profit...." HOW IT CAME ABOUT:FROM SABBATH TO SUNDAY ? Samuele Bacchiocchi, Ph. D., Andrews University
We need a day's rest each week. I don't understand how that is a "seal."

Reactions: Pearl

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been looking for seals from Biblical times, and what information they contain.'Heres one for King Ahaz

‬ ‬‬‬‬ ‬‬‎
Transliterationl’ḥz yhwtm mlk yhdh
Translation(belonging) to ’Aḥaz (son of) Yehotam, king of Judah

and here is Hezekiah's
The impression on the clay bears an inscription in ancient Hebrew script that translates as: “Belonging to Hezekiah [son of] Ahaz king of Judah.” https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/middleeast/king-hezekiah-royal-seal/index.html.

In both cases, the name of the King is there , who he is, and his dominion.

Name:Ahaz,
Who:son of Yehotam,
Dominion :JudahJudah

Name: Hezekiah,
Who: son of Ahaz,
Dominion: Judah

How does this equate with a Sabbath seal from God?

Exodus 20:8-11
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.”
The 4th Commandment is God's seal.

Title: Lord God
Who:He is Creator
Dominion: the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them,

So the Sabbath is the seal or sign.

Ex. 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Why the Sabbath is used by God as his seal.​

I've been looking up 'seal' in the bible and can find no mention of the sabbath being used as a seal. Can you quote the scriptures you found that in please.

I know about these other verses:

• 2 Corinthians 1:22 He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
  • Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
  • Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why the Sabbath is used by God as his seal.​

I've been looking up 'seal' in the bible and can find no mention of the sabbath being used as a seal. Can you quote the scriptures you found that in please.

I know about these other verses:

• 2 Corinthians 1:22 He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
  • Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
  • Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Not once in the New Testament is the Sabbath ever referred to as a seal for Christians. If we allow Scripture to interpret Scripture, the New Testament teaches the seal of Christianity is the Holy Spirit, not the Sabbath.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not once in the New Testament is the Sabbath ever referred to as a seal for Christians. If we allow Scripture to interpret Scripture, the New Testament teaches the seal of Christianity is the Holy Spirit, not the Sabbath.

I already knew that I just asked to discover where he was getting his info from.

Reactions: mailmandan

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sign and seal are used as both a indicator and a mark of God's people, and conversely the mark of the Beast is from another origin, we find..
Exodus 31:13
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

Ezekiel 20:12
Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.

Ezekiel 20:20
And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God.

The Saturday Sabbath is used by God as His seal because He gave His People His Sabbaths to serve as a sign between Him and them that they might know that it is He, the Lord Who sanctify's them.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sign and seal are used as both a indicator and a mark of God's people, and conversely the mark of the Beast is from another origin, we find..
Exodus 31:13
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

Ezekiel 20:12
Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.

Ezekiel 20:20
And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God.

The Saturday Sabbath is used by God as His seal because He gave His People His Sabbaths to serve as a sign between Him and them that they might know that it is He, the Lord Who sanctify's them.
The sabbath is a sign between God and the Israelites (Exodus 31:16-17) and not once in the NT is the sabbath said to be a sign or seal for Christians. The article that I shared with you thoroughly refutes the claims of SDA's.