Why would God withhold healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LittleSister

Aug 22, 2006
Because He is limited by our faith.I just had a Christian friend die of cancer this morning, and I am fed up with people who say, God needed him more then we did, God took him home, Why did God allow this to happen? God took him because through his death tommy got saved. The cold hard truth is, if someone dies of cancer, it’s because their faith was not strong in the area of healing, it does NOT mean that God is a liar. SATAN comes to kill steal and destroy, God has come to give life. God allowed it to happen because God is limited by OUR faith, or lack thereof.You always hear people say Jesus died for your salvation on the cross. Does God withhold salvation from anyone? Of course not, He said "My will is that no one should parish." Well, if God doesn’t withhold salvation, why do we even consider that He would withhold healing? Did He not cover Healing on the cross as well? Jesus took care of ALL that on the cross for us.Isaiah 53:4 He was pierced through for our transgressions, (sin) He was crushed for our iniquities; (shortcomings, mistakes) The chastening for our well being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed. (Physical body) Our spirit man does not need healing, Our spirit is in the image of God, perfect. Matt 8:17 He Himself took our infirmities, and carried away our diseases.So, if we receive salvation by/because/or through our faith, then we must receive healing the same way. Jesus said "Your faith has made you whole", "Be it unto you according to your faith?" "Without faith it is impossible to please God." God responds to faith, not the need.Matt 21:22 "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive."Mark 11: 22-24 "Jesus answered saying to them, "Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, (BELIEVES that what he says IS GOING to happen) it shall be granted him. (it SHALL BE granted him.) Speaking things that are not, as though they are. Walking by faith and not by sight.Now, when you pray and believe, the very moment a thought of doubt inters your mind, take it captive. II Corinthians 10:5 ‘We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.’ Now, Satan is the one who puts evil thoughts in our mind, but, he cannot put it in our spirit (usually referred to as our heart) If we choose to meditate on thoughts that do not line up with Gods word, then it becomes sin. "I set before you life and death, so choose life’, ‘The power of life and death are in the tongue’)Matt 12:34-37 ‘For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. (belief or unbelief?) I say to you, that every careless word (EVERY CARELESS WORD) that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the Day of Judgment. For by your words (WORDS) you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned.’Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight,"Romans 10:8-11 ‘The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart’ that is the word of faith…IF you confess with your mouth, and believe in your heart…. For with the heart, man believes, and with the mouth he confesses…Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.’Daniel prayed for 21 days when the angel came and said the him ‘Your prayer was answered the moment you spoke it, but, the Prince of Persia came and fought with me,’ So, when you pray in faith, believe it, confess it, and consider it done. There maybe a battle in the spiritual world, but, if you are praying in line with Gods word, He will do it. It WILL come to pass, it may take 21 days, but, it will come to pass.‘Walk by faith and not by sight’ It doesn’t matter if the doctors say ‘you have cancer’, show you the test results and you feel really ill. Are you going to believe things you can feel, touch, smell, taste and see? Things that change from day to day? Or are you going to believe God (the same yesterday, today, and forever) and the promises He gave you? God said you can have whatever it is you believe. If you believe your healed then you'll say your healed, even if it doesn't look that way in the natural. If you believe your sick then you'll say it, I've got cancer, I've got the flu, I'm sick.......so be it unto you according to your faith.Now, when you’re praying for someone else, pray like Jesus did for Peter. Luke 22:31-32 "Simon, Simon, behold Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail."God said He has given us authority over Satan and all his power. So, instead of begging God to help, if it's His will. take authority over the spirit of cancer and demand it to go in Jesus name. THAT'S WHAT GOD WANTS US TO DO. Use the authority He has given us. Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs WILL accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues. (your prayer language when your baptized with the Holy Spirit) they will pick up serpents, (if need be, not because your some fruitloop, tempt not the Lord your God). and IF they drink any deadly poison, it shall not hurt them; (in other words, food poisoning, if someone tries to poison you, or you if you accidentally get poisoned somehow then it will not hurt you, once again, tempt not the Lord your God) they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.Study my friends on the subjects of healing and authority we have through Christ Jesus our Lord and savior.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
LittleSister,I am very sorry your friend died today. It is painful when we suffer this type of loss. My prayers will be with you and your friends family. It is OK to be angry, God can handle it and He loves you. Do remember that your friend is now healed.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
read the entire postI do not say this to boast, but to give witness of the gift of God.As a servant I can attest that one of the many gifts that are accorded to the servants is the gift of healing. Yet this gift is not exercized at will, and healing is not realized unless I am given a direct command to pray or lay hands on another. At least this has been my experience. I believe that many who operate in this day, with the spirit of the prophet, are deluded to many aspects of their ministry, and most are of those who do in fact perform miracles from time to time, but, because they do not fully understand their place in the end of this age, attempt to force the gift and so appear as shysters and hypocritical evangelists. I can name one of many, and that would be Benny Hinn. He may in fact have the true gift, but has abused it for mammon and self glory, and so will reap damnation unless he repents.Now back to the gift of healing. I cannot say for certain why some are healed while some are not, but let me say this. We cannot know the full counsel of God, and for some reason, not all are healed. There are times when I pray healing for those who are not healed, and there have also been times when I am prompted of the Holy Spirit to pray for one and they are healed. This I leave to the mind of God, a thing I am not fully aware of at this time, and so, for me at least, remains a mystery.To LittleSisterI once heard William F. Buckley say this to David Frost on his program years ago- and I paraphrase.Frost asked Buckley why tragedy happened to the apparently innocent. And Buckley replied.We don't always know the reasons for tragedy and the taking of seemingly innocent life, but my mother told me this story to help me resolve it. There was a little girl in the middle of the street who was faced with an oncoming speeding car. A stranger who happened to be on the sidewalk acted quickly, ran into the street and pushed the little girl out of the way as he was struck and killed by the car.In the Obituary section of the newspaper a stranger who didn't know all the facts read how a 28 year old man with two children died from an auto accident. To the reader it seemed like a tragedy, but to the little girl and her mother it was a gift and a miracle.Many people still don't understand the gift of our Lord Yeshua and his tragic death upon the cross, but to us it also is a gift and a miracle.Your friend has entered into life through death and should also be considered a gift and a miracle. Though we grieve for our loss, you friend has gained, and though we weep, your friend is filled with joy in the presence of the Lord.

LittleSister

Aug 22, 2006
I just want to repeat everything I said before. God does not withhold salvation, and He does not with hold healing. Yes, some have the gift of healing, but, all can receive it just by believing. Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. Why fear him that can kill the body only, but fear Him that can kill body and spirit.(in the second death) God is bound by His word, and His word says it's according to our faith. God is no respecter of persons. He loves us all.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(LittleSister;6098)
Because He is limited by our faith.I just had a Christian friend die of cancer this morning, and I am fed up with people who say, God needed him more then we did, God took him home, Why did God allow this to happen? God took him because through his death tommy got saved. The cold hard truth is, if someone dies of cancer, it’s because their faith was not strong in the area of healing, it does NOT mean that God is a liar....
"it’s because their faith was not strong" I don't believe this part of your statement. I believe that ultimately our healing comes when are brought to our heavenly home.

FRED ANDERSON

Dec 29, 2006
Who had more faith than Paul? Yet the lord told him "My grace is sufficient for you" When we don't see the miracle of healing, we may still see the miracle of grace!