why would the Lord God, not be with you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why would God be with you, and why would God, not be with you?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is omniscient, so He is everywhere, and His Spirit is drawing people to Himself, though the choice is up to us. Some love darkness and the devil has been given such a stronghold, it will take a disaster to get their attention.

But He is only INSIDE us when we are baptized with His Spirit having repented unto God of our sin. Then He abides in us as we abide in Him. He has given us power to not sin and weaken that connection, but His Spirit is there to convict us to get us back in His arms.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that when we finally realize our total dependence on Him, our impotence, it is then that He takes over.
2 Corinthians 12:9
12:9. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

When we rely on our own strength, He removes Himself, or is not on our side at that point.
2 Samuel 24:1-2
24:1. Now again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and it incited David against them to say, "Go, number Israel and Judah." 2. The king said to Joab the commander of the army who was with him, "Go about now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and register the people, that I may know the number of the people."

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that when we finally realize our total dependence on Him, our impotence, it is then that He takes over.
2 Corinthians 12:9
12:9. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

When we rely on our own strength, He removes Himself, or is not on our side at that point.
2 Samuel 24:1-2
24:1. Now again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and it incited David against them to say, "Go, number Israel and Judah." 2. The king said to Joab the commander of the army who was with him, "Go about now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and register the people, that I may know the number of the people."

sounds like standard, keep them in the dark, church talk to me

even in the desert the Lord never abandoned and was always present with the Children of Israel. He may have not supported endeavors they chose to do and let them suffer the consequence but the Lord their God was still there to be heard.

so is the case of those who the Lord is with.

but again why would the Lord God not be with you?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds like standard, keep them in the dark, church talk to me

even in the desert the Lord never abandoned and was always present with the Children of Israel. He may have not supported endeavors they chose to do and let them suffer the consequence but the Lord their God was still there to be heard.

so is the case of those who the Lord is with.

but again why would the Lord God not be with you?
I think DNB was refering to when we walk in the Spirit (His Mind) and when we walk in the flesh (our mind). When we are in the mode of ourselves making things happen, we are "doing the works". When we wait on the Lord, who is within us, He will do His works through us.
Most of Christianity does not understand their relationship with the Lord. Basically, it is what the parable of the wise and foolish virgins is about.
Matthew 25:1-12

Reactions: DNB

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think DNB was refering to when we walk in the Spirit (His Mind) and when we walk in the flesh (our mind). When we are in the mode of ourselves making things happen, we are "doing the works". When we wait on the Lord, who is within us, He will do His works through us.
Most of Christianity does not understand their relationship with the Lord. Basically, it is what the parable of the wise and foolish virgins is about.
that's real nice, you explaining what is obvious, but what does that have to do with the question of the OP?

most of those who call themselves Christians don't know much about the relationship with the Lord God because they don't really have one. a Almighty that would give one the Life that Jesus has wouldn't leave one high and dry on what the Life is. the relationship Jesus has with His Father is the Life.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bingo, thanks Earburner, ...i really wasn't sure how to respond to DPMartin, I didn't quite get his contention!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that's real nice, you explaining what is obvious, but what does that have to do with the question of the OP?

most of those who call themselves Christians don't know much about the relationship with the Lord God because they don't really have one. a Almighty that would give one the Life that Jesus has wouldn't leave one high and dry on what the Life is. the relationship Jesus has with His Father is the Life.
@Earburner is it just me, or are you detecting a real irony here?
Do you perceive the 'Life' in DPMartin's attitude at all?
This is almost humorous?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer . . .

The only reason that God would be with you, aside from all of creation existing in His sight, God is with us if we are His, and He is not with us if we are none of His.

Romans 5
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

If we are born of God, we are forever united to Him. Otherwise, we are not.

Much love!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Earburner is it just me, or are you detecting a real irony here?
Do you perceive the 'Life' in DPMartin's attitude at all?
This is almost humorous?

na, it could be just you (hopefully just you), the reason people aren't even in the arena of God's care is the deceivableness of unrighteousness in them, because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

hence one MUST receive the love of the truth, or one will not be saved. and that my friend should be taken very very seriously, or isn't that important to you?

most who call themselves Christian take offence and seek to take offence of the truth and those who tell them the truth because they hate the truth, many use their own judgement of what a Christian ought to be to justify to others their offence. hence its the person isn't it DBN. (you are trying to make this personal correct?)

the rejection of Jesus was justified by the Pharisees using their interpretation of the law to judge what the Christ should be. hence their own judgement because they were offended by the Truth rather than convicted, of which one must love the Truth more than one's own judgement to be convicted.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer . . .

The only reason that God would be with you, aside from all of creation existing in His sight, God is with us if we are His, and He is not with us if we are none of His.

Romans 5
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

If we are born of God, we are forever united to Him. Otherwise, we are not.

Much love!

this is true but we must receive the love of the truth, before that could happen.

one would have to receive the love of the Truth because man isn't the source of the love of the Truth. man didn't create himself so he's not the source of anything.

therefore it stands to reason that the love of the Truth comes from God. doesn't the Father love His Beloved Son which was in the beginning who is the Truth the Way and the Life? therefore in order to be saved according to Paul who should know, one needs to receive the love of the truth.

2Th_2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
na, it could be just you (hopefully just you), the reason people aren't even in the arena of God's care is the deceivableness of unrighteousness in them, because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

hence one MUST receive the love of the truth, or one will not be saved. and that my friend should be taken very very seriously, or isn't that important to you?

most who call themselves Christian take offence and seek to take offence of the truth and those who tell them the truth because they hate the truth, many use their own judgement of what a Christian ought to be to justify to others their offence. hence its the person isn't it DBN. (you are trying to make this personal correct?)

the rejection of Jesus was justified by the Pharisees using their interpretation of the law to judge what the Christ should be. hence their own judgement because they were offended by the Truth rather than convicted, of which one must love the Truth more than one's own judgement to be convicted.
So, finally, the answer to your OP is, in order for God to be with you, one must love the Truth. And for God to not be with you, one must not love the Truth?
This is the reason behind your constant contentions with everyone's response?
Were you actually expecting anyone to get the gist of what you were saying, with such an ambiguous query as 'why would God be with you, and why would God, not be with you?' ?
You couldn't have offered a hint to the initial responses, you didn't believe that it was necessary?
Yes, I'm making this extremely personal, you really sound off on so many levels.
Even your final response was so ambiguous, generic, and ultimately meaningless, it wasn't even worth the wait, really.
I don't even think that you understood a single word that you concluded, seriously?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, finally, the answer to your OP is, in order for God to be with you, one must love the Truth. And for God to not be with you, one must not love the Truth?
This is the reason behind your constant contentions with everyone's response?
Were you actually expecting anyone to get the gist of what you were saying, with such an ambiguous query as 'why would God be with you, and why would God, not be with you?' ?
You couldn't have offered a hint to the initial responses, you didn't believe that it was necessary?
Yes, I'm making this extremely personal, you really sound off on so many levels.
Even your final response was so ambiguous, generic, and ultimately meaningless, it wasn't even worth the wait, really.
I don't even think that you understood a single word that you concluded, seriously?

I really doesn't matter what you think does it? all that matters is what the Truth is.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I really doesn't matter what you think does it? all that matters is what the Truth is.
Truth is a very big word. The fact that after 15 posts you have yet to give your definition, like I said, I can't imagine that you have even a remote comprehension of what it is, or its depth.
...personally, it's like you often write these cryptic and ambiguous posts, just so that you can be difficult and correcting with all the responses that you receive?

Last edited:

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's not about whether God is with us or not, it's whether we are with,or in Him. The Father gave His Son, His Son gave his life, for the entire field. Everyone ever born has the choice to access the Grace He provided, by Faith.

Accessing that Grace is done by Faith applied, " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender." If we continue in that surrendered life, we are with Him! If not, we are not with Him!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

"The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.
Psalm 145

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

"The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.
Psalm 145

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is the truth? Can't love what we don't know.

Can't love what you don't know is absolutely true, hence one must receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 

if you don't experience a thing or have received a revelation of a thing you don't know it, is correct. but to believe/trust also known as faith is to love it, and you can't love or place one's faith in something you don't know. if you would love to know the Truth then call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. He takes care of the rest. the Lord always honors the faithfulness to the truth of God.