Will Churches be closed due to Pandemic.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are closing schools and canceling events with large numbers of people, will this lead to churches closing....

"The spread of coronavirus has compelled hundreds of K-12 schools in the U.S. to close, affecting more than 850,000 students, according to an analysis by Education Week. And those numbers are certain to increase in the coming days, as concerned parents call for more school closures.

The growing health crisis presents school leaders with a painful choice. Closing schools as has been done, so far, in China, Japan, Italy and elsewhere is a proven measure that has been shown to slow the spread of disease and, in turn, save lives. But it also causes huge economic and social disruption, especially for children, millions of whom depend on the free and reduced-cost meals they get at school."....

They are suspending the NBA after one player was found to test positive, with the large gatherings a concern....

"The NBA has suspended the 2019-20 season after a Utah Jazz player, reportedly Rudy Gobert, tested positive for COVID-19. Games in progress on the night of March 11 will be completed."....

[/URL]

It is only a matter of time before they gatherings at churches is going to become a matter of concern and draw the attention of health officials and others. What happens then...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They are closing schools and canceling events with large numbers of people, will this lead to churches closing....

"The spread of coronavirus has compelled hundreds of K-12 schools in the U.S. to close, affecting more than 850,000 students, according to an analysis by Education Week. And those numbers are certain to increase in the coming days, as concerned parents call for more school closures.

The growing health crisis presents school leaders with a painful choice. Closing schools as has been done, so far, in China, Japan, Italy and elsewhere is a proven measure that has been shown to slow the spread of disease and, in turn, save lives. But it also causes huge economic and social disruption, especially for children, millions of whom depend on the free and reduced-cost meals they get at school."....

They are suspending the NBA after one player was found to test positive, with the large gatherings a concern....

"The NBA has suspended the 2019-20 season after a Utah Jazz player, reportedly Rudy Gobert, tested positive for COVID-19. Games in progress on the night of March 11 will be completed."....

[/URL]

It is only a matter of time before they gatherings at churches is going to become a matter of concern and draw the attention of health officials and others. What happens then...

Gatherings in Australia are now restricted to 500 people, a number of mega churches have decided to only do online streaming of their services.

Dad reckons God is calling Christians back to the small gatherings and I would agree with him.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gatherings in Australia are now restricted to 500 people, a number of mega churches have decided to only do online streaming of their services.

Dad reckons God is moving Christians back to the small gatherings and I would agree with him.
If only that were the only thing happening!

Reactions: onlyme17

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where I live, there have been some church closings and schools have already announced no school through the end of March. (that has now been extended to mid April) Multiple events have been canceled in the area and restaurants and bars are closing earlier.

The Mayor of a major city near us has announced no gatherings of over 50 people for various events for the next 8 weeks.

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[/URL]

Here my college where I go to school and work has closed and all the county schools are closed until April 6th. Many Churches are closed except mine but I didn't go because I am under the weather

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here in Mich. Things are closing...........
Foods are gone ????? SOME,,,,, milk ,,,, bread...........

Hope this gets done fast.............. :confused::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: onlyme17 and Josho

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were blessed,,,,,, our church was open and most people came ?

I should say more then we expected...........

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not the same thing as fellowshipping as the Church.
It's not the first-choice pick, but it's still there and still very real. Christians don't stop worshiping the Lord or caring for each other just because it's temporarily not an option to get together in a large church building.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my church will not have sunday meetings until further notice. However we are still open for bisiness and still serving people.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was a post that I came across...

The 16th-century theologian Martin Luther had this to say during the bubonic plague, offering his thoughts in a letter titled "Whether One May Flee From a Deadly Plague" on how best to practically and spiritually overcome. His advice is prudent for all to follow during this Coronavirus pandemic, especially Christians.

"I shall ask God mercifully to protect us.

"Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it.

"I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence.

"If God should wish to take me, He will surely find me, and I have done what He has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others.

If my neighbor needs me, however, I shall not avoid place or person, but will go freely."

I also found it at this site..

Martin Luther on Responding to Pandemics

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Dad reckons God is calling Christians back to the small gatherings and I would agree with him.

They are now restricting it to 100 people, and they got to be or are recommended to be 1.5m a part, not sure how strict they are going to be on that one. But they are definitely strict on the numbers, whoever breaks the greater than 100 rule, can be charged up to 20k in Victoria, Australia

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was a post that I came across...

The 16th-century theologian Martin Luther had this to say during the bubonic plague, offering his thoughts in a letter titled "Whether One May Flee From a Deadly Plague" on how best to practically and spiritually overcome. His advice is prudent for all to follow during this Coronavirus pandemic, especially Christians.
Prudent? In this context, what do you mean ? Proper? no. Correct? no.

What to know - what households were not touched by the plague. Would that help TODAY ? (of course it would)

The truth has not changed since Israel was in Egypt. What spared Israel the plagues ? (or who? and what)

What spared household from the plague in Europe?

What spared households from the epidemics in the USA ? (i.e. diabetes, cancer, migraines, arthritis, etc etc etc )

Find this out may well help a few, or many, families.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh well I didn't update in this thread and now I will, people are now banned from gathering at Churches and other places of worship in Australia, and we are under strict regulations now, no more than 2 people can be together, unless if they are from the same household. This strips it right down to where the 2 or 3 are gathered, or what others have done is gotten into using an video calling app called "Zoom" where multiple people can join and they have been fellowshipping and worshipping with other Christians on that app.

Last edited: