Will It Be Too Late?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

I've cited the above passage multiple times, but just now noticed our market place impact. For example, I purchased some Mormon based "Augason Farms" products about 4 years ago, and can now report the following examples:

#22lbs Corn Meal = $22.40, now = $55.99
#10lbs Quick Oats = $17.40, now = $34.99
#28lbs White Rice = $32.09, now = $61.99
#26lbs White Flour = $33.54, now = $65.99
#26lbs White Wheat = $19.59, now = $44.99
#28lbs White Sugar = $37.99, now = $69.99

And if you need a sword and/or sword polish, good luck. The shelves are either MOSTLY or ENTIRELY empty.

But if you keep waiting, I'm confident everything will work out:

Rev. 6: 6 and I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius ...

... where a "denarius" is A DAY'S PAY, which for most of us is almost $300 (@ $35/hr x 8) for a QUART OF WHEAT.

"But Jesus will provide", -- even though he told YOU to provide. So Good Luck! :)
Bobby Jo

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
They sound overpriced. Went to Sam's club and bought 25lb bags of flour for seven dollars each.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They sound overpriced. Went to Sam's club and bought 25lb bags of flour for seven dollars each.

Augason Farms products are packaged in the square 4-gallon square-containers, and have oxygen absorbers for a ~25year shelf life. Your bag of flour is good for about 6 months and then deteriorates.

Also, the square-containers can be nested together by alternating up/down/up/down, and stacked on top of each other for maximum space savings, for example under a bed, or in the back of a closet, or wherever.

But even with old flour, it's better to have something than nothing. And a 6-month supply of food is a good start, but a 12-month supply may be necessary.
Bobby Jo

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Ahh so you are paying for convenience. I want to try food grade buckets, purging them of air using dry ice, and the moisture packets.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh so you are paying for convenience. I want to try food grade buckets, purging them of air using dry ice, and the moisture packets.
EXCELLENT. But may I suggest that thinking about doing something and actually performing the task have two different results? :)

Personally, money is cheap, time is expensive. And so I don't make my own toilet paper, or package my own food, or cut my own trees for firewood. But I DO build shelves for the toilet paper and food; and block, split, & stack firewood in the 11-cord capacity woodshed. I also don't re-load, but instead purchase my cartridges, -- I don't have the time, interest, or patience for re-loading.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: lforrest