Will the Jews accept the anti-Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes or no?

‘accept’ could also be ‘receive’:

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. [13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. [14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

‘but the natural man’, ‘accepts’ not the things of the Spirit of God. There seems to be a distinction between accepting and receiving the spirit of the world ‘this spirit of Antichrist’ also ‘the spirit of error’(even now already in the world waxing worse and worse), and to accept ‘receive’ the Spirit of God.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

John 14:17-19 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. [19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some will, they will believe him to be their messiah...John 5:43 - "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can baptized Christians practice Jewish calendar feasts and fasts without offending Christ?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can baptized Christians practice Jewish calendar feasts and fasts without offending Christ?

Sure, as long as its not made into a religion, and doesn't seek to practice Judaism with thinking it's for justification unto salvation. And we aren't to sacrifice animals either, nor those things involving ceremonial worship per the old covenant.

Jesus actually is our Passover sacrificed for us, per Apostle Paul, for Christ was crucified to the hour required for the Passover sacrifice in the evening per Old Testament scripture. But we aren't to make a religion out of that Passover idea like orthodox Jews still do with clearing all the yeast out of their houses, etc.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree on the new covenant Passover
But if you practice Jewish rite you have fallen from grace

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes or no?

oh yes, I seen a posting on another religion site and a Israelite Jew stated quite plainly that they expect a messiah or great leader that is a man. they don't want a "Son of God" like Jesus. his statement was to the effect this time he will be just a man. therefore not really a Christ and that's what they want.

Reactions: Nancy

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ones in God's Word or the man made ones? Jesus Christ is God's Word. Why would following God's Word offend God’s Word?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh yes, I seen a posting on another religion site and a Israelite Jew stated quite plainly that they expect a messiah or great leader that is a man. they don't want a "Son of God" like Jesus. his statement was to the effect this time he will be just a man. therefore not really a Christ and that's what they want.
Religious do not know what they need, or it would not be a religion. Religion is mainly what the flesh wants, even if they make it extremely difficult to obtain.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree on the new covenant Passover
But if you practice Jewish rite you have fallen from grace

Like I said, if it involves the practice of Judaism, which seeks to be justified by keeping the law, then yes, that is against Christ.

But keeping the feasts (minus sacrifices), like observing certain days of the year, like Passover, nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with abstaining from eating unclean meats too. We simply aren't to make a religion out of those things, which the old covenant did involve keeping those things as a religion, and orthodox Judaism still does. So if Jewish believers on Christ want to keep Friday at sunset to Saturday sunset as the weekly sabbath per Old Testament Hebrew timing, nothing wrong with that; they simply aren't to make a religion out of it trying to force it upon other brethren who worship on Sunday instead.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious do not know what they need, or it would not be a religion. Religion is mainly what the flesh wants, even if they make it extremely difficult to obtain.
Religion is what man owes to God, worship adoration to believe the truth faith etc. you can’t have covenant without religion and ritual

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, if it involves the practice of Judaism, which seeks to be justified by keeping the law, then yes, that is against Christ.

But keeping the feasts (minus sacrifices), like observing certain days of the year, like Passover, nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with abstaining from eating unclean meats too. We simply aren't to make a religion out of those things, which the old covenant did involve keeping those things as a religion, and orthodox Judaism still does. So if Jewish believers on Christ want to keep Friday at sunset to Saturday sunset as the weekly sabbath per Old Testament Hebrew timing, nothing wrong with that; they simply aren't to make a religion out of it trying to force it upon other brethren who worship on Sunday instead.

we are of the new covenant and new creation

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are of the new covenant and new creation

Yes, but in the future, after Jesus returns, we ALL... will be required to go up to Jerusalem and keep the feast of tabernacles...

Zech 14:16-19
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
KJV

This isn't Judaism. This is Christian doctrine, because those events are future about the time after Christ's future return to earth.

It may seem strange, but many of the times in God's proclaimed days will return in that time, including His original sabbaths, which even Colossians 2:16-17 reveals also.

What is even more strange, is how that Zech.14 Scripture reveals in that future millennial time, there will still... be peoples that will refuse to accept Jesus Christ, even though all will see Him and 'know' beyond all doubt Who He is.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is the new Jerusalem new heaven and earth new creation

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is the new Jerusalem new heaven and earth new creation

The Church is Christ's many membered body of believers. It is NOT... the new heavens and a new earth, nor is it the new Jerusalem.

The future new Jerusalem will be a LITERAL CITY ON EARTH. The new heavens and a new earth will be a future LITERAL CHANGE of God's creation released from the bondage of vanity He placed it in for this 2nd world earth age we are now in since Genesis 1:2 forward (see Romans 8:18-25).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is Christ's many membered body of believers. It is NOT... the new heavens and a new earth, nor is it the new Jerusalem.

The future new Jerusalem will be a LITERAL CITY ON EARTH. The new heavens and a new earth will be a future LITERAL CHANGE of God's creation released from the bondage of vanity He placed it in for this 2nd world earth age we are now in since Genesis 1:2 forward (see Romans 8:18-25).

future no for 2000 yrs
These are metaphors for the church
Rev 1:1 shortly to come to pass
We have a new covenant new creation new creature in Christ new birth etc.
gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

our mother? And has been for 2000 yrs
Holy mother church

Not literal city or 1000 yrs kingdom

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Yes or no?
The Jews that call themselves Jews today are anti-Christ and most are of the richest group in the world. Look and see who are the richest people in the world and then go to wikipedia.

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
future no for 2000 yrs
These are metaphors for the church
Rev 1:1 shortly to come to pass
We have a new covenant new creation new creature in Christ new birth etc.
gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

our mother? And has been for 2000 yrs
Holy mother church

Not literal city or 1000 yrs kingdom

God's Word disagrees with you. The new Jerusalem, and new heavens and a new earth will... be literal. So will Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect over all nations and peoples, as written. And the word 'church' simply means the congregation of God's people. It is not about a literal building, even though in Christ's future Millennial reign, there will be a sanctuary in the middle east, per Ezekiel 40 forward.